Windows 10: Microsoft Hacking Scam!

Discus and support Microsoft Hacking Scam! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I made a big mistake! My daughter calls me over saying her computer is being hacked. It showed a message claiming to be from Microsoft saying a virus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Evie's Dad, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Microsoft Hacking Scam!

I made a big mistake!

My daughter calls me over saying her computer is being hacked. It showed a message claiming to be from Microsoft saying a virus is on her computer and to call the Microsoft Support number on the screen. I call the number, a woman with an Indian accent answers saying she is with Microsoft Support (there are many voices sounding like a call center in the background). She says in order to help me I need to give her access to my daughter's computer and tells me to hold down "microsoft key + r key", then gives me a series of letters and numbers to enter into a box. Like a fool I do so, she downloads GoToAssist and starts scrolling around saying we don't have good firewall protection and there are 12 hackers hacking through it right now. She says "whatever you do, don't turn off the computer or router. This will launch their program". Then the line goes dead.

I call back and speak with a man with an Indian accent saying he can't tell which support person was helping me. He tells me to do the "microsoft key + r key", then a series of letters and numbers again, then he tries to access GoToAssist, but can't saying "oh no, this is bad, let me try something else and downloads Supremo. Now he starts scrolling around and says there are 12 devices connected to my daughter's computer and they're trying to access our other devices connected to our router. He says let me see who they are, computer code scroll down the screen, then a map of the world, then a "mug shot" of some guy named Nikolai. "Do you know him? Well, he's on your devices right now. Here let me block him. Okay, I've blocked him, but your firewall is exposed... Here's what you need, 1 year protection for $499 or lifetime for $1,999." I tell him that's a lot more then I expected. He said its less then many other firewalls and he pulls up a Google page showing firewalls for $2,500+. I tell him I need to check with a relative who is in computer security. He says okay, when you call back use this ext. to speak with me and gives me a "Customer ID #". He stresses "don't tell anyone else this number. If you do they can access you computer..."

We keep trying to reach our nephew and when he calls us back he confirms it was a scam. He says they can't access our Mac desktop, which has our banking info, etc. He asks me to download Teamviewer so he can get into my daughter's laptop to assist, but I can't get a browser up. The Microsoft Alert message is blocking the whole screen. We try workarounds but whatever they put on her computer blocks access to a browser or the outside.

This is where things stand now. Her computer is shut down. It is a two year old machine with Windows 10. At this point, is our only option taking it in to someone? We live in the Bay Area of CA and even with two incomes are stretched thin, with Christmas a month away. Sorry for such a long story. Any help would be appreciated- Evie's dad.

:)

Evie's Dad, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Old_hand Win User

Hack Scam

I'm just mentioning this in case anyone else gets one. I went onto a link viaIE11
    [seemed respectable - no MSN Warnings] for music downloads, and a
    window appeared to say I'd been hacked, this hacker was trying to
    hack "their" webpage and I had to call a free number listed to get my
    Internet Explorer Unlocked
    as "they" had had to lock it for "their safety". Needless to say I didn't call them, and
    Win Def didn't find anything.

IE wasn't affected, either. How these scammers are linking to
    Users perhaps only a technician can tell. There are numerous Help
    Pages on the net to check if one has been hacked, and
    they wouldn't have to coax one to phone them if they could penetrate MSN
    defences via a web page. I haven't included any details because this particular scam is local.

Old_hand, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Hacking Scam!

1. Microsoft Hacking Scam! - Similar Threads - Microsoft Hacking Scam

2. scam microsoft account hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scam microsoft account hacked: the email of the hackers is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** please help my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ******** moved from german to english Community *****...
  3. scam microsoft account hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scam microsoft account hacked: the email of the hackers is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** please help my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ******** moved from german to english Community *****...
  4. "Hack" into laptop after being scammed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Hack" into laptop after being scammed: So long story short, i'm not a bad person...my aunts husband died and in the midst of all this she got a phone call from some shady people who gained access to her laptop then encrypted it and put a password on it (she never had one before). Obviously she wasn't thinking and...
  5. A Microsoft Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A Microsoft Scam: Last night I mistakenly downloaded a remotely monitoring executable file to my hard drive by a scam pretending to be from Microsoft. This morning I was able to remove it from my laptop, and to scan my hard drive by Microsoft security. Is my computer safe to this malware...
  6. scam call hack

scam call hack: how do I rest my computer after a scam call https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scam-call-hack/4b0228f3-f2d8-4fa4-bb93-345ca3a3c6dd
  7. microsoft scam

microsoft scam: i was fooled into letting a caller get accsess to my laptop by saying it was being hacked.consequently rang microsoft to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-scam/785c1762-d4d8-4951-a8fa-1592007780a3"
  8. Microsoft Scam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Scam: I keep getting a full page of Ibelive Fake Microsoft Scam with a phone number to call how can I get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/microsoft-scam/20aa506e-23f9-4e89-b37a-468d4e4d7ece
  9. Possible hacking scams

Possible hacking scams: Just in the last couple of days, a laptop that my husband was using had several popups. One is one of the red screen alerts and another was an automated recording with a place to put your Microsoft user id and password. In the recording it kept saying that my laptop had a...
  10. Email hack / Scam

Email hack / Scam: I am receiving around 40 email over the last few days with the title account update. These are coming as Microsoft or outlook. I have tried to block them but they are all coming from different email address as spam. This is the actual text in the mail Security info...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft hacking scam

2. microsoft account hacked scam

3. microsoft security scam windows 10

4. windows 10 hacking scam,
  5. windows hacker scam,
  6. microsoft hacking scam on my computer,
  7. i need to firewall my computer microsoft says i haave * hackers,
  8. hacked by windows security scam,
  9. hacked microsoft account scam,
  10. access locked...server error scam,
  11. microsoft computer hacked scam,