Windows 10: Microsoft had an update on Monday, May 20th.

Discus and support Microsoft had an update on Monday, May 20th. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since the update I am having issues opening docs sent through google mail that I am getting. I get the message that I can not access the doc and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BettyErvin, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Microsoft had an update on Monday, May 20th.

Ever since the update I am having issues opening docs sent through google mail that I am getting. I get the message that I can not access the doc and that the site may have been renames or moved:

The webpage at file:///C:/Users/bervi/Downloads/Xerox%20Scan_04222020125601%201.pdf might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_FAILED

I am working from home and checked with the office and they made no changes in our email account through Google????

:)

BettyErvin, Apr 22, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Apr 22, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Microsoft had an update on Monday, May 20th. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Microsoft had an update on Monday, May 20th.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft had an update on Monday, May 20th.

1. Microsoft had an update on Monday, May 20th. - Similar Threads - Microsoft update Monday

2. microsoft May 2023 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft May 2023 Security Updates: May 2023 Security UpdatesThis release consists of the following 40 Microsoft CVEs:We are republising 9 non-Microsoft CVEs:CNA Tag CVE FAQs? Workarounds? Mitigations?Chrome Microsoft Edge Chromium-based CVE-2023-2459 Yes No NoChrome Microsoft Edge Chromium-based CVE-2023-2460...
  3. Microsoft May 2022 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft May 2022 Security Updates: May 2022 Security UpdatesUpdates this MonthThis release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles..NET and Visual StudioMicrosoft Exchange ServerMicrosoft Graphics ComponentMicrosoft Local Security Authority Server lsasrvMicrosoft...
  4. Microsoft May 2022 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft May 2022 Security Updates: May 2022 Security UpdatesUpdates this MonthThis release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles..NET and Visual StudioMicrosoft Exchange ServerMicrosoft Graphics ComponentMicrosoft Local Security Authority Server lsasrvMicrosoft...
  5. Built-in Microphone isn't working after Windows 10 update 2021 on 20th May

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built-in Microphone isn't working after Windows 10 update 2021 on 20th May: Hello Microsoft,I have HP 15s series. The built-in microphone is not working after a Windows 10 update, the microphone was still functioning the day before during my meeting. The update was performed on "shutdown & update" during power off a few minutes ago today on 20t 20th...
  6. Microsoft May 2021 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft May 2021 Security Updates: May 2021 Security UpdatesUpdates this MonthThis release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles..NET Core & Visual StudioHTTP.sysInternet ExplorerMicrosoft Accessibility Insights for WebMicrosoft Bluetooth DriverMicrosoft Dynamics Finance &...
  7. BSOD Errors and Weird Java Issues Since Monday 19th May

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Errors and Weird Java Issues Since Monday 19th May: Computer: Acer Aspire 5 laptop, Windows 10 Since Monday my computer has been regularly having BSOD errors with lots of stop codes MEMORY MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, there may be others. Before then I have had little to no BSODS occur. In...
  8. Microsoft May 2020 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft May 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes May 2020 Security Updates Release Date: May 12, 2020 The May 2020 security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) ChakraCore Internet Explorer...
  9. Microsoft May 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft May 2019 Security Updates: Microsoft May 2019 Security Updates https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...urity-guidance 132561
  10. "What's ahead for Microsoft's Cloud"? on October 20th

in Windows 10 News
    "What's ahead for Microsoft's Cloud"? on October 20th: Microsoft sent out invitations today for a one-hour event to be held in San Francisco on October 20, which will be hosted by the company's CEO Satya Nadella, as well as Scott Guthrie, Executive Vice President for Cloud and Computing. It will start at 11:00 PT, and will be...