Windows 10: Microsoft has a permission level higher than Administrator for certain files in...

Discus and support Microsoft has a permission level higher than Administrator for certain files in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's a bit disgusting that they would do this. Yes I've logged in as administrator. Yes similar questions have been asked many times but no solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ari2010, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Microsoft has a permission level higher than Administrator for certain files in...

It's a bit disgusting that they would do this. Yes I've logged in as administrator. Yes similar questions have been asked many times but no solution works.

Image 1 https://i.imgur.com/anvarS7.png

Here we can see that I supposedly have full control over WindowsApps and all its subfolders and files. I also made sure to replace child permissions as well.

Image 2 https://i.imgur.com/Wc8wTXM.png

However, when we are actually in a folder which is a child of WindowsApps, we can see that the previous action did not really apply to everything. I do not even have read permissions over the files for this Microsoft Game Store game. If I try to change the owner it will grey the button out.

I wish people would speak out more about this - the right to access what you have paid for and is physically on your computer...

Regardless, has anyone managed to get around this? Please detail how.

submitted by /u/Ari2010
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ari2010, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Sep 15, 2020
  3. jimbobs Win User
    Administrator level User

Followed directions to #4 above. Created key name Temp but when I try next step, there is nothing in Temp. Could this be a Permissions thing?
    Microsoft has a permission level higher than Administrator for certain files in... [​IMG]

jimbobs, Sep 15, 2020
  4. jimbobs Win User

Microsoft has a permission level higher than Administrator for certain files in...

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft has a permission level higher than Administrator for certain files in...

1. Microsoft has a permission level higher than Administrator for certain files in... - Similar Threads - Microsoft has permission

2. Higher Solitaire Levels.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Higher Solitaire Levels.: This is all just for fun, but right now in Klondike I am Level 1920 Grandmaster 284. The others are lesser, as I've been focusing more on Klondike, but well.Whatever that means. Which is basically, yeah, okay....
  3. Higher Solitaire Levels.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Higher Solitaire Levels.: This is all just for fun, but right now in Klondike I am Level 1920 Grandmaster 284. The others are lesser, as I've been focusing more on Klondike, but well.Whatever that means. Which is basically, yeah, okay....
  4. Administrator has blocked your permission to run this file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator has blocked your permission to run this file: recently updated windows which caused my GPU to not be detected, first solution was to go to device manager where i am met with a message telling me an administrator has blocked, i have since found a work around for this message on device manager however, it did not solve my...
  5. Administrator has blocked your permission to run this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator has blocked your permission to run this file: recently updated windows which caused my GPU to not be detected, first solution was to go to device manager where i am met with a message telling me an administrator has blocked, i have since found a work around for this message on device manager however, it did not solve my...
  6. Administrator has blocked your permission to run this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 task scheduler, running a task with higher permissions than logged on user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 task scheduler, running a task with higher permissions than logged on user: Hi,I have a PC that is running Windows 10 Professional. I am a member of the Administrators group on this PC, but someone other than myself is the primary user. In the Task Scheduler, I'd like to create a task that would run a .BAT file periodically at least once per day, but...
  8. Sounds are higher-pitched than usual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sounds are higher-pitched than usual: So since today, out of the blue, my sounds started being slightly higher-pitched than usual. It's not just the windows sounds, youtube and games sound different too. If someone knows how to fix this, an answer would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/Troisdorfer...
  9. change permission levels

in Windows 10 Customization
    change permission levels: I need to change my permission levels. I also want to delete sign in every time I am on my computer. This is my private computer and I am the admin. Please advise...
  10. My Dell Latitude plays audio at a higher level than what I have it set

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Dell Latitude plays audio at a higher level than what I have it set: I bought a Dell Latitude E6540 a couple months back, and I noticed not that long after I bought it that it was having this weird issue where, whenever I start playing a video or song/pause and then unpause a video or song, the volume would be at a much higher level than what...