Windows 10: Microsoft Has Broken Millions Of Webcams with Windows 10 Anniversary

Discus and support Microsoft Has Broken Millions Of Webcams with Windows 10 Anniversary in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On August 2nd, Microsoft released the Anniversary Update for Windows 10 and when the bits arrived on computers around the globe, it brought with it new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Has Broken Millions Of Webcams with Windows 10 Anniversary

Read more: Microsoft Has Broken Millions Of Webcams With Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Thurrott.com

See also: MJPG encoded media type is not available for USB/UVC web-cameras after Windows 10 version 1607 (OS Build 14393.10 anniversary)) update

Workaround:

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

:)

Brink, Aug 18, 2016

2. webcamera

If your Satellite has the 1607 Anniversary Edition of Windows 10 on it be advised that Microsoft broke the Webcams on thousands of computers by removing two formats most cameras use so this may not be a problem with your camera or your system. Here's a
    link to an article that explains it better Microsoft Has Broken Millions Of Webcams With Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Thurrott.com

Moondoggy_451, Aug 18, 2016
  3. windows 10 update 1607 logitech c525 webcam stopped fault main.exe . any fixes

There are a bunch of articles about this problem, such as : Windows 10 Anniversary Update breaks most webcams and The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is breaking webcams

I have a very old webcam, Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000, which doesn't seem to be affected by this problem on Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607).

There seem to be many others affected; this article claims millions: Microsoft Has Broken Millions Of Webcams With Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Thurrott.com

After the Anniversary Update was installed there was a popup asking if I wanted to update my webcam software. I declined. I don't know whether that made any difference.

Mickey Segal, Aug 18, 2016
  4. shimshom Win User

shimshom, Aug 19, 2016
  5. Perhaps MS is proving their commitment to user privacy? *sarc

MS' first response is always to blame someone else for the changes they have introduced.
    They used the same tactic with the W8 series.

This sort of thing is one of the reasons why people hate replacing/updating their working systems.

lehnerus2000, Aug 19, 2016
  6. zooburner Win User
    I feel like I'm fighting Windows 10, it isn't a joy to use at all, I have never spent as much time with an O.S. looking for workarounds and reg hacks to stop it behaving the way it does.

zooburner, Aug 19, 2016
  7. Trust_No1 Win User
    I didn't think 10 was ready for Public release a year ago, and I think it still isn't. Kind of reminds me of the old adage ''if it ain't broke, don't fix it''.

Trust_No1, Aug 20, 2016
  8. Winuser Win User

I like the saying "If it ain't broke, Fix it till it is". *Smile

Winuser, Aug 20, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    Or you have to speculate to accumulate.

For every proverb, there is a counter proverb.

cereberus, Aug 20, 2016
  10. Adalwar Win User
    When people are upgrading, as the name says, they are expecting "more", not "less".

They are removing things, for example, they limited also the Colors available for the Desktop.

Adalwar, Aug 20, 2016
  11. Winuser Win User
    I have been thinking about this and the freezing problem with the AU. With all the testing from MS and the Insiders, I wonder if MS made some last minute changes that we didn't get a chance to test before the official release. Releasing a buggy OS is not the best way for MS to convince the public that Windows 10 is the greatest OS they ever released. Just my thought on the subject. *Smile

Winuser, Aug 20, 2016
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    There hasn't been a single OS that's been "perfect" from day one. Name one if you can think of it.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2016
  13. OldMike65 Win User

Windows 7 Ultimate was my all time favorite, gave me the least amount of problems Jeff. *Smile But Windows 10 Pro is getting there, just needs more time.

OldMike65, Aug 20, 2016
  14. mjgraves Win User
    mjgraves, Aug 20, 2016
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    But it sure didn't start off that way, didn't it??

Na..

BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft Has Broken Millions Of Webcams with Windows 10 Anniversary - Similar Threads - Microsoft Has Broken

2. Is my webcam broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my webcam broken?: I always accidentally drop my webcam due to messy cables. It didn't have problems until it just stopped workingdropped it 5 times. I tried scanning for device changes in the manager, I also tried this on my other device but it still doesn't work. It is not being detected...
  3. Is my webcam broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my webcam broken?: I always accidentally drop my webcam due to messy cables. It didn't have problems until it just stopped workingdropped it 5 times. I tried scanning for device changes in the manager, I also tried this on my other device but it still doesn't work. It is not being detected...
  4. Millions Of Webcams Broken With Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Millions Of Webcams Broken With Windows 10 Anniversary Update: just been reading this thanks to Brad Sams and hope its a useful read to everyone Microsoft Has Broken Millions Of Webcams With Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Thurrott.com On August 2nd, Microsoft released the Anniversary Update for Windows 10 and when the bits...
  5. Streets and Trips broken by Anniversary "Upgrade"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streets and Trips broken by Anniversary "Upgrade": Admittedly, my copy of Streets & Trips is aged at v2009. But it ran last month! My fears about W10 included the fact that MS would eventually start obsoleting older software. I used MS S&T for quick evaluation of routes for trip planning, and also as a "just-in-case" to my...
  6. Logitech S7500 webcam broken by the Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech S7500 webcam broken by the Anniversary Update: Both my son & I have this webcam, works fine. Son's PC (he lives too far away for on-site support) has updated to AU and his webcam no longer works. We realise that this is the 'well known' MS whoopsy with the AU but are wondering if they've yet produced an official fix for...
  7. Webcam issues in Anniversary Update to be fixed in September

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam issues in Anniversary Update to be fixed in September: hello i have YOGA 2 PRO from long time cant use my webcam its not working almost of time you can say 99.99% and the 0.1% its come and broken and led light open and off without cam on ; i try every thing all solution i do but no resultant yesterday i see news ...i need...
  8. Things broken after Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Things broken after Anniversary update: Hello, just got myself a cold shower, because I was so angry that I was yelling at the computer. And that never happened to me. After updating to build 1607 (had to wait until it completed so I could go to sleep - went to bed at 4:25 am) notification appeared and said Daemon...
  9. Windows 10 Now Has 350 Million Active Users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Now Has 350 Million Active Users: Microsoft announced two major Windows 10 milestones this morning: There are now over 350 million devices running Windows 10. And the system’s first major and free upgrade, called the Anniversary update, will arrive on August 2. I spoke with Microsoft’s Terry Myerson about...
  10. Windows 10 upgrades: Microsoft sued for millions

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 upgrades: Microsoft sued for millions: Three Illinois residents are leading a class-action suit against Microsoft over data loss and damage to their computers, which they blame on the Windows 10 upgrade. It's been two years since Microsoft began pushing its Windows 10 upgrade to consumers, and complaints about...