Windows 10: Microsoft has caught me off got again with an update that is taking HOURS to complete.

Discus and support Microsoft has caught me off got again with an update that is taking HOURS to complete. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The ongoing problem of updates. Today's being measured in hours, not minutes. Laptop is rendered a hostage by Microsoft bring its use to a complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Richard Denney, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Microsoft has caught me off got again with an update that is taking HOURS to complete.

The ongoing problem of updates. Today's being measured in hours, not minutes. Laptop is rendered a hostage by Microsoft bring its use to a complete stop. Could you start giving us an idea of the size and duration of updates? Shirt sizes would be OK .. S, M, L, XL, 2XL .. or better yet time required, order of magnitude would be OK.

:)

Richard Denney, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft's 'One Store' takes a step towards completion

Read more: Microsoft takes a step towards completion

Brink, Aug 24, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Microsoft has caught me off got again with an update that is taking HOURS to complete. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 24, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Microsoft has caught me off got again with an update that is taking HOURS to complete.

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft has caught me off got again with an update that is taking HOURS to complete.

1. Microsoft has caught me off got again with an update that is taking HOURS to complete. - Similar Threads - Microsoft has caught

2. Windows 11 updates take hours to complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates take hours to complete: Hi.I have a laptop that is a couple years old. Its not a slow one, its an ASUS Zenbook with Ryzen 7 4700U, 16Gb of RAM and a 512Gb Kingston NVMe SSD.Everything on the laptop works like a charm, except for Windows updates. Most updates take hours to complete, I usually just...
  3. Windows 11 updates take hours to complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updates take hours to complete: Hi.I have a laptop that is a couple years old. Its not a slow one, its an ASUS Zenbook with Ryzen 7 4700U, 16Gb of RAM and a 512Gb Kingston NVMe SSD.Everything on the laptop works like a charm, except for Windows updates. Most updates take hours to complete, I usually just...
  4. Support Assist Hardware Scan taking hours to complete

Support Assist Hardware Scan taking hours to complete: I have an Inspiron 7375 Windows 10. My laptop was running slow, apps would take long to open, mail app would open only to close on its own, etc. I checked for updates and one driver needed to get installed. After doing so I still ran through the same issues. I went into...
  5. LAST UPDATE HAS DONE ME IN, AGAIN

LAST UPDATE HAS DONE ME IN, AGAIN: I just did an update this past weekend.Now as a result of the update, for every Excel file I have open and every Word doc I have open and every webpage I have open, I have a symbol for each on my Taskbar.Previously, there was one X in a blue box for Excel, one W in a blue box...
  6. LAST UPDATE HAS DONE ME IN, AGAIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAST UPDATE HAS DONE ME IN, AGAIN: I just did an update this past weekend.Now as a result of the update, for every Excel file I have open and every Word doc I have open and every webpage I have open, I have a symbol for each on my Taskbar.Previously, there was one X in a blue box for Excel, one W in a blue box...
  7. LAST UPDATE HAS DONE ME IN, AGAIN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows updates takes hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates takes hours.: Why can I install Windows, fresh about two times in the time it takes like a 600mb update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-takes-hours/9b7f176c-1623-4dd0-a1c5-f2ddef4214d3
  9. Quick scan takes hours to complete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick scan takes hours to complete: What is going on with quick scan? I ran it yesterday and it took all day to run. Also is there a setting to run automatically. It is set to run real-time so is a scheduled scan unnecessary?...
  10. Update taking over an hour?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update taking over an hour?: Before I went to bed, I clicked to shut off my side computer (OS: Windows 10), and saw "Update and Shut down" as an option so I clicked that and went to bed. I woke up 8 hours later about 7pm, and I turned on my side computer and saw "Working on updates 0%". It has been over...