Windows 10: Microsoft has encountered a problem, we will fix it and restart your computer. For more...

Discus and support Microsoft has encountered a problem, we will fix it and restart your computer. For more... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The error on my Toshiba Satellite operating with Windows 10, says Microsoft has encountered a problem, we will fix it and restart your computer. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HurricaneWCV, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Microsoft has encountered a problem, we will fix it and restart your computer. For more...

The error on my Toshiba Satellite operating with Windows 10, says Microsoft has encountered a problem, we will fix it and restart your computer. For more info so to microsift.support.com/stopcode

Please advise as I see no further info. and this is happening every day.

Thank you

:)

HurricaneWCV, Feb 21, 2020

2. Problem with computer restart.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Power Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 21, 2020
  3. "The computer restarted unexpectedly..." error after boot problems

After updating to Windows 1903 my computer was showing the message "Reboot and select proper boot device". After following the fix listed here I ran into a new problem.
    The first time I booted up my SSD after applying those fixes, I was met with "Windows is updating" screen and its progress was around 48%. After about a minute it restarted itself. Upon booting up I got a message that said "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click “OK” to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

Most of the fixes for this problem suggest using shift+F10 and opening command prompt and going to regedit. But I can't access command prompt no matter what I do. Shift+F10 does not open anything. Pressing OK on the prompt simply restarts the computer and brings me back to the same message. Is there any fix for this besides reinstalling? Thanks in advance.

Pantsface16, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Microsoft has encountered a problem, we will fix it and restart your computer. For more...

random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft has encountered a problem, we will fix it and restart your computer. For more...

1. Microsoft has encountered a problem, we will fix it and restart your computer. For more... - Similar Threads - Microsoft has encountered

2. “Your device has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We just collect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “Your device has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We just collect...: For almost an hour, I have not been able to access the desktop of my Windows 11. When I start it, I come across a blue screen where it says “Your device has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We just collect information related to errors and then we will restart...
  3. “Your device has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We just collect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Your device has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We just collect...: For almost an hour, I have not been able to access the desktop of my Windows 11. When I start it, I come across a blue screen where it says “Your device has encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We just collect information related to errors and then we will restart...
  4. Subject: Microsoft account problem: We need to fix your Microsoft account your password has...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subject: Microsoft account problem: We need to fix your Microsoft account your password has...: I started getting a notification since I reinstalledWin 10 20H2 in January 2021. The notification is as follows: “Microsoft account problem “We need to fix your Microsoft account your passwordhas probably been changed. Select here to fix it in the Shared...
  5. laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart: Hi everyone. Ok I bought a hp laptop last year whilst my old hp laptop was being fixed . Recently my old laptop overheated and no way of getting to the fan to see if it needed cleaning so I got my newer laptop out and use that. So I keep getting messages saying your laptop...
  6. laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop has encountered a problem and needs to restart: Hi everyone. Ok I bought a hp laptop last year whilst my old hp laptop was being fixed . Recently my old laptop overheated and no way of getting to the fan to see if it needed cleaning so I got my newer laptop out and use that. So I keep getting messages saying your laptop...
  7. Your computer has encountered an error and needs to restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your computer has encountered an error and needs to restart: Forum search did not return any entries, and on-line search did, but those replies were either vague or contradictory, so here I am at the source. Once yesterday, and a short while ago today I encountered this quite unwelcome popup message. When you get it, Windows collects...
  8. Your computer has encountered an error and needs to restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Your computer has encountered an error and needs to restart: Forum search did not return any entries, and on-line search did, but those replies were either vague or contradictory, so here I am at the source. Once yesterday, and a short while ago today I encountered this quite unwelcome popup message. When you get it, Windows collects...
  9. Your computer has run into a bugcheck and we need to restart it

Your computer has run into a bugcheck and we need to restart it: This is the second time in one month that I get the above message and I wonder why. Running Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.55) Reliability report shows this message: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005,...
  10. "Your PC encountered a problem and needs to restart."

"Your PC encountered a problem and needs to restart.": I was using my computer today when suddenly a bluescreen message saying "Your PC encountered a problem and needs to restart" popped up. It had some other information and some sort of countdown. I ran into another room to grab my camera to take a picture of the message, but...