Windows 10: Microsoft has finalized Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft has finalized Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Just remember folks, there is nothing official yet so don't get too carried away. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by z3r010, Jul 14, 2015.

1. z3r010 Win User

Microsoft has finalized Windows 10

Just remember folks, there is nothing official yet so don't get too carried away.

z3r010, Jul 14, 2015
  2. DavidY Win User

Beware the Ides of July...

DavidY, Jul 14, 2015
  3. On the 29th it releases to the public, if it's rolling out first to insiders for testing, as stated that would be before the 29th.

fracking4oil, Jul 14, 2015
  4. z3r010 Win User

It would make sense to roll out to the insiders before 29th and test the retail delivery system.

z3r010, Jul 14, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    I have no reason to believe that the link in post 1 is a "Dewey Defeats Truman" sort of premature article, but some parts of it don't jibe with stuff previously written. For example, the Verge article states that PCs with Windows 10 won't be available until weeks after the launch. Dell claims that they'll be shipping PCs with Windows 10 on 29 July:

Laptop Deals, Notebook, Desktop PC & Electronic Deals | Dell

For a list of builds, see here:

BuildFeed

I guess that the builds where the fourth number is 16384 are RTM candidates. 101240 is the highest numbered such build.

I'll reserve my excitement until I see confirmation from one of the usual suspects.

bobkn, Jul 14, 2015
  6. Dave44 Win User
    wrong official Microsoft blog states insiders get it first on 29th

Dave44, Jul 14, 2015
  7. Microsoft has finalized Windows 10 [​IMG]

*Smile

8. Microsoft has finalized Windows 10

You're to tell me on launch day only insiders will get it? How is that a launch date?

9. Like many, I'm on the preview build of 166 and things are really close to being done. I expect we'll see at least 1 more interim release before 240. I'm also guessing it will be soon, rather than later. Then they can get one more round of feedback. If they don't then 240 will consist of current bug reports and approved enhancements.

OldGuyGeek, Jul 14, 2015
  10. Rocky Win User
    There's dozens of insiders, so it will be a grand day.

Rocky, Jul 14, 2015
  11. Dave44 Win User
    Starting on July 29, we will start rolling out Windows 10 to our Windows Insiders. From there, we will start notifying reserved systems in waves, slowly scaling up after July 29th. Each day of the roll-out, we will listen, learn and update the experience for all Windows 10 users.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...llion-devices/

there you go MS state that

Dave44, Jul 14, 2015
  12. Wynona Win User
    Because there are five million of us to take care of? I'd be surprised if Microsoft can take care of all of the Insiders on July 29.

Wynona, Jul 14, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

Giv'it to'em Dave*chuckle.

I count 3 lines, and it looks like white space between them. Maybe it's ultra fine print to be read with a electron microscope(or single pixel letters?), but personally I can't see anything, so other members, please stop reading between them.

Cliff S, Jul 14, 2015
  14. z3r010 Win User
    Probably less than 1 million are active (how many of us have more than one insider account), others wont be online or have give it up etc so I'd expect that they would only need to hit 500k insiders on day 1 which is easy enough to do with the right CDN partners.

However I think Insiders will get it before the 29th to test the delivery system.

z3r010, Jul 14, 2015
  15. Saltgrass Win User
    The model I was looking at with Windows 10 Home is no longer available... That option was removed a few days ago.

Saltgrass, Jul 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft has finalized Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft has finalized

2. Finally May update has installed but>>>>>>

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Finally May update has installed but>>>>>>: As above: HP Desktop PC 2 years old, came pre-installed with windows 10 and fully upgraded, as of a few days ago. I also use Office 2010 and have noticed problems and thought it was because it is nearing the end of its life. Documents were not saving correctly, and when I...
  3. Finally May update has installed but>>>>>>

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Finally May update has installed but>>>>>>: As above: HP Desktop PC 2 years old, came pre-installed with windows 10 and fully upgraded, as of a few days ago. I also use Office 2010 and have noticed problems and thought it was because it is nearing the end of its life. Documents were not saving correctly, and when I...
  4. Moving to Windows 10... finally

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving to Windows 10... finally: OK, OS will be on a 500GB SSD. I want the whole Windows 10 Home with all it's teeny "other" partitions to all be on ONE partition. After Win 10 Home is installed, I'd like to "then" partition the same 500GB SSD like this... 200GB partition for the OS and all it's teeny...
  5. Microsoft finally acknowledges Windows 10 Search mess

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft finally acknowledges Windows 10 Search mess: A server-side issue broke Windows Search for users this morning, with the search box showing no search results. The issue has been widely reported by frustrated Windows 10 customers on social media and Microsoft has finally acknowledged the reports. On February 5, many users...
  6. This has struggles me for years but has finally changed... :/

in Browsers and Email
    This has struggles me for years but has finally changed... :/: I've had this big issue for years: [Should i switch to Edge orn't..] and finally did the switch on my Windows PC, but still have Chrome installed, (on my Android Phone i only have Chrome) Should i completely install Edge on my Android Phone to orn't.. many People use...
  7. Has my CD been finalized?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has my CD been finalized?: I unsuccessfully tried to burn some files to a CD but the (Ashampoo) burning program stopped midway through and it looks as if nothing got finalized. How can I verify if this is still a usable CD? Thanks in advance to all who reply. Dan 101313
  8. Finally installed Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Support
    Finally installed Windows 10...: So I FINALLY got around to installing the Windows 10 build 9926 onto my main system, as the VM of it would not allow me to sign into my Microsoft Account whatsoever. Wow. It's not the "whoa" I once had about three years ago with the Windows 8 Developer Preview, but wow....
  9. Microsoft has finally skipped mobile build 10586.312

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has finally skipped mobile build 10586.312: Microsoft has finally skipped mobile build 10586.312 Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.318 is now under testing [img] 10.0.10586.318.th2_release.160505-1801 Windows 10 Mobile Build 10585.318 is now under testing by Microsoft for Windows Insiders. Microsoft has been...
  10. 10 Final

in Windows 10 Support
    10 Final: Would it be a fair guess that when 10 is released we will not have to do a complete new install. I was thinking the last of the updates would be all that is required, like from 8 to 8.1. now i know that was a complete one but we lost none of our content, files, photos etc. I...