Windows 10: Microsoft has finalized Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft has finalized Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; downloading now! and as i thought it would, it came out today. that kills all of the crazy conversations on this thread. lolol. very entertaining.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by z3r010, Jul 14, 2015.

1. STEVAE Win User

Microsoft has finalized Windows 10

downloading now! and as i thought it would, it came out today. that kills all of the crazy conversations on this thread. lolol. very entertaining.

Microsoft has finalized Windows 10 [​IMG]

STEVAE, Jul 14, 2015

blackroseMD1, Jul 14, 2015
  3. STEVAE Win User
    just on the fact that m$ has changed so many times what they previously said, i find it humorous that so many on here get all up in arms about anything that is written, let alone the chance of it just being completely bogus from another source anyway. still, it's good fun to read all of it, and watch the escalation taking place post after post. then, BAM, instant vindication for some, and a body slam for others. i just needed for it to have taken place later in the day so i could have had a drink while reading it. that would have made it perfect.

STEVAE, Jul 14, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

Just a whole lot of WAGs! However, I was with you; I thought we'd get a build today and we did! WooHoo!

Wynona, Jul 15, 2015
  5. So, I wouldn't call myself an "expert" per se, but with Build 10240 being RTM most likely, do you think it'd be wise for me to download the Insider Preview on my primary laptop?

Can the Insider Preview still be downloaded for new users?

BrownianMotion, Jul 15, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    Last I read (which may now be in question), Microsoft said no new computers; however, those computers we've already installed Windows 10 on are OK.

So, my take is that if you have three computers and have installed Windows 10 on one of them, that's the only one eligible for Build 10240.

Again, I've read so much that I am as confused as anyone else here! Maybe even more so! *Smile

Wynona, Jul 15, 2015
  7. Wynona Win User
    I had just entered a Microsoft Office 365 2016 Bug Bash when Build 10240 was dropped out of the sky onto us.

One guy (I really don't thing he understood what he did) posts something like: Just a quick note; Windows 10 TH1 has dropped! Well, things that were rather chaotic got rather tame for awhile. *Smile

Wynona, Jul 15, 2015
  8. Microsoft has finalized Windows 10

Ah, well I don't have W10 on any computers. But I suppose it makes sense that they would stop offering the Insider Preview so close to the official release. I guess I will have to wait until early August!

BrownianMotion, Jul 15, 2015
  9. blutos cousin, Jul 15, 2015
  10. Downloading 10240 now as I type *Biggrin An unexpected surprise as I was not aware of this particular release.

thefrecklepuny, Jul 15, 2015
  11. jyusa Win User
    Did Gabe Aul officially announced Build 10240 being RTM yet?

jyusa, Jul 15, 2015
  12. aelaan Win User
    Well the Insider Preview is gone from the screen, windows is activated and so far I see the fonts have really gotten better on my external screen..... That is only my first impression.

aelaan, Jul 15, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User

Not that I know of.

Wynona, Jul 15, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    It isn't the final build, Doug.

Gabe Aul's Blog as of 11:37 this morning states:

Note that he uses the plural of build . . . builds!

Here's where I got my info:

Build 10240 now available for Windows Insiders in Fast and Slow rings | Blogging Windows

Wynona, Jul 15, 2015
  15. Wynona Win User
    Wynona, Jul 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft has finalized Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft has finalized

2. Windows has finally broke my pc. Thanks!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows has finally broke my pc. Thanks!: This ridiculous windows updates has finally broke my GPU. I thank you a lot for causing me this trouble. I wish to go back to windows 7 but windows 10 keeps poping on my screen to update to windows 10. My answer is to the microsoft is to go f yourselves. You finally broke my...
  3. Finally May update has installed but>>>>>>

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Finally May update has installed but>>>>>>: As above: HP Desktop PC 2 years old, came pre-installed with windows 10 and fully upgraded, as of a few days ago. I also use Office 2010 and have noticed problems and thought it was because it is nearing the end of its life. Documents were not saving correctly, and when I...
  4. Finally May update has installed but>>>>>>

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Finally May update has installed but>>>>>>: As above: HP Desktop PC 2 years old, came pre-installed with windows 10 and fully upgraded, as of a few days ago. I also use Office 2010 and have noticed problems and thought it was because it is nearing the end of its life. Documents were not saving correctly, and when I...
  5. Moving to Windows 10... finally

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving to Windows 10... finally: OK, OS will be on a 500GB SSD. I want the whole Windows 10 Home with all it's teeny "other" partitions to all be on ONE partition. After Win 10 Home is installed, I'd like to "then" partition the same 500GB SSD like this... 200GB partition for the OS and all it's teeny...
  6. Microsoft finally acknowledges Windows 10 Search mess

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft finally acknowledges Windows 10 Search mess: A server-side issue broke Windows Search for users this morning, with the search box showing no search results. The issue has been widely reported by frustrated Windows 10 customers on social media and Microsoft has finally acknowledged the reports. On February 5, many users...
  7. This has struggles me for years but has finally changed... :/

in Browsers and Email
    This has struggles me for years but has finally changed... :/: I've had this big issue for years: [Should i switch to Edge orn't..] and finally did the switch on my Windows PC, but still have Chrome installed, (on my Android Phone i only have Chrome) Should i completely install Edge on my Android Phone to orn't.. many People use...
  8. Has my CD been finalized?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has my CD been finalized?: I unsuccessfully tried to burn some files to a CD but the (Ashampoo) burning program stopped midway through and it looks as if nothing got finalized. How can I verify if this is still a usable CD? Thanks in advance to all who reply. Dan 101313
  9. Microsoft has finally skipped mobile build 10586.312

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has finally skipped mobile build 10586.312: Microsoft has finally skipped mobile build 10586.312 Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.318 is now under testing [img] 10.0.10586.318.th2_release.160505-1801 Windows 10 Mobile Build 10585.318 is now under testing by Microsoft for Windows Insiders. Microsoft has been...
  10. 10 Final

in Windows 10 Support
    10 Final: Would it be a fair guess that when 10 is released we will not have to do a complete new install. I was thinking the last of the updates would be all that is required, like from 8 to 8.1. now i know that was a complete one but we lost none of our content, files, photos etc. I...