Windows 10: Microsoft has fixed almost all Windows 10 October 2018 Update problems

Discus and support Microsoft has fixed almost all Windows 10 October 2018 Update problems in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft recently released a new build of Windows 10 October 2018 Update with tons of bug fixes and improvements. Windows 10 Build 17763.168 has fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 9, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft has fixed almost all Windows 10 October 2018 Update problems

Microsoft recently released a new build of Windows 10 October 2018 Update with tons of bug fixes and improvements. Windows 10 Build 17763.168 has fixed issues with the brightness control, File Association and several other operating system features.

In updated Windows 10 Update History page, Microsoft has confirmed that the critical issues have been addressed and the update is now available for even more devices.

Bugs have been fixed

Microsoft says that Morphisec and Cisco rolled out updated versions of their applications and Windows 10 October 2018 Update would become available for the devices which do not have incompatible software installed.

Unless you aren’t running a newer release Morphisec and Cisco, you won’t be able to install Windows 10 October 2018 Update.

It’s worth noting that this problem is not valid for the consumers as it affects the businesses running incompatible Morphisec and Cisco software.

Another bug associated with old version iCloud version has been addressed and users can download Windows 10 October 2018 Update.

File Association

Microsoft has fixed almost all Windows 10 October 2018 Update problems Windows-10-association-bug.jpg

Microsoft recently released Windows 10 Build 17763.168 to address the annoying File Association bug. The File Association bug was discovered last month and after beta testing the fix with Insiders, Microsoft finally rolled it out to Windows 10 October 2018 Update devices earlier this month.

The reports of the File Association issue surfaced online in November and according to reports, the bug prevented some users from changing the default apps for certain file type, no matter how they change the defaults setting. In November, Microsoft confirmed the problem and the company rolled out a fix to address it on affected machines.

“Addresses an issue that prevents some users from setting Win32 program defaults for certain app and file type combinations using the Open with… command or Settings > Apps > Default apps,” the changelog reads.

Brightness bug

Microsoft has fixed almost all Windows 10 October 2018 Update problems Brightness-setting.jpg

Another annoying bug where the brightness feature does not work properly has been addressed. After installing the Windows 10 October 2018 Update, some users reported that a bug in new Windows 10 version causes the brightness settings on devices to be reset every reboot.

In latest Windows 10 October 2018 build, the company fixed the issue resulting in the brightness sometimes resetting to 50% after a reboot.

Next week Microsoft is expected to launch new cumulative updates for Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Windows 10 April 2018 Update and other supported versions as part of its monthly Patch Tuesday cycle.

The next update is supposed to arrive on December 11 and it will include security and non-security improvements to resolve the issues reported lately in supported versions of Windows 10.

The post Microsoft has fixed almost all Windows 10 October 2018 Update problems appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 9, 2018

2. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Dec 9, 2018
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Dec 9, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused

The Windows 1809 fix was released to insiders on October 9, 2018 according to this Microsoft publication:

Updated version of Windows 10 October 2018 Update released to Windows Insiders - Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog

Code:
    Code:
    We have fully investigated all reports of data loss, identified and  fixed all known issues in the update, and conducted internal  validation.  Also, Microsoft Support and our retail stores customer  service personnel are available at no charge to help customers. More  details are available below.   Today we take the next step towards the re-release of the  Windows 10 October 2018 Update by providing the updated version to our  Windows Insider community.  We will carefully study the results,  feedback, and diagnostic data from our Insiders before taking additional  steps towards re-releasing more broadly.

Feedback Hub introduces ability to indicate severity of issues - Windows Insider

zbook, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft has fixed almost all Windows 10 October 2018 Update problems - Similar Threads - Microsoft has fixed

2. windows 10 october 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 october 2018 update: to the mother **** of Windows. I have two computer down because your stupid update and no solution out available when google it or coming to negligent support **** page. since november I am without computers thanks to the mother **** and the Smart idiots of Microsoft. you...
  3. Windows 10 October 2018 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October 2018 update.: I am eagerly waiting for the new windows update, I checked windows update and also clicked on "check for updates" button, but there were no new updates, a news had came that Microsoft released that update on 9th October, but its already 19, Is my device ineligible? How do I...
  4. Windows 10 October 2018 update - file explorer now almost useless

Windows 10 October 2018 update - file explorer now almost useless: Thanks for nothing, MS. Another update that breaks things that did not need fixing, FIle explorer is now impossible. "Quick Access" now always results in "File Explorer (Not Responding)" and sits there like a stunned mullet. CTRL + ALT + DEL and kill the task is the only...
  5. Windows October 2018 update problems

Windows October 2018 update problems: I installed the above update and immediately experienced problems with processor at 100% most of the time. I uninstalled the feature update and in the process lost my settings and any specific windows apps. How do I fix???...
  6. Bluetooth problem with Windows 10 October 2018 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problem with Windows 10 October 2018 update: Since I installed the October Update, my bluethooth keeps stopping sporadically in using Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Is this a known issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-problem-with-windows-10-october-2018/7491db0b-563c-41db-9b62-326c7a35dcdb
  7. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 October 2018 Update has been pulled

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 October 2018 Update has been pulled: Windows 10 October 2018 Update was released on October 2 and some users reported that the update is deleting their files and document. Today, Microsoft quietly updated the Windows 10 download page and the company has removed the ISO and Media Creation Tool no longer downloads...
  8. Windows 10 october 2018 update ethernet problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 october 2018 update ethernet problem: Ethernet problem after i update Windows 10 october 2018 and also internet slows down to 200kbps plz fix it.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2018-update-ethernet-problem/77d7a2df-9900-441d-a8ca-40d06ff32e0a
  9. Windows 10 october 2018 update ethernet problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 october 2018 update ethernet problem: Ethernet problem after i update Windows 10 october 2018 and also internet slows down to 200kbps plz fix it.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-october-2018-update-ethernet-problem/77d7a2df-9900-441d-a8ca-40d06ff32e0a
  10. windows 10 october update 2018

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 october update 2018: hi joydeep sir what bug fixes included in this update for windows 10 october 1809 and aslo what features included. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-october-update-2018/9b39add1-fba9-40d1-8693-31aaf4cc4c1b