Windows 10: Microsoft has just released an emergency security patch

Discus and support Microsoft has just released an emergency security patch in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Just read this now Microsoft Issues Emergency Windows Security Update For A Critical Vulnerability If your computer is running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by sml156, Dec 7, 2017.

1. sml156 Win User

Microsoft has just released an emergency security patch

Just read this now

Microsoft Issues Emergency Windows Security Update For A Critical Vulnerability

https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance

Microsoft has just released an emergency security patch [​IMG]

:)

sml156, Dec 7, 2017
  2. Taffy087 Win User

Yet another Adobe Flash security hole that needs patching. Win10

According to this Qualys article, Adobe released

APSB16-36
    yesterday "to fix one 0-day vulnerability in Flash. The vulnerability is currently being used in active attacks and therefore Adobe released this emergency fix. If left un-patched, attackers can remotely take
    complete control of the machine."

When will Microsoft release its update for its embedded Flash in Win10 please?

Taffy087, Dec 7, 2017
  3. sml156 Win User

Strange I just checked for Updates and found nothing.

sml156, Dec 7, 2017
  4. Same here. Nothing in my updates as yet. If it was such an emergency then where is it?

stealth2920, Dec 7, 2017
  5. I did not get one as well??

Josey Wales, Dec 7, 2017
  6. Wouldn't think it would be a slow release if it was such an emergency.

stealth2920, Dec 7, 2017
  7. Microsoft has just released an emergency security patch

Josey Wales, Dec 7, 2017
  8. Thanks for the info. I also don't have it in Dec. updates. Guess if it is such an emergency, we will get something soon.

stealth2920, Dec 7, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Try opening Windows Defender Security Centre and checking for updates there. Some of us have already had the update - now we know why.

Updated Defender Antimalware Client

10. Barman58 Win User
    This may help explain

Why is no action required to install this update? In response to a constantly changing threat landscape, Microsoft frequently updates malware definitions and the Microsoft Malware Protection Engine. In order to be effective in helping protect against new and prevalent threats, antimalware software must be kept up to date with these updates in a timely manner.
    For enterprise deployments as well as end users, the default configuration in Microsoft antimalware software helps ensure that malware definitions and the Microsoft Malware Protection Engine are kept up to date automatically. Product documentation also recommends that products are configured for automatic updating.
    Best practices recommend that customers regularly verify whether software distribution, such as the automatic deployment of Microsoft Malware Protection Engine updates and malware definitions, is working as expected in their environment.

{{windowTitle}}

Barman58, Dec 7, 2017
    stealth2920, Dec 7, 2017
  12. Bree New Member

A manual check for definitions updates in Defender itself will get the engine update now if you can't wait for the automatic updates. The update will not be found by checking for updates in Settings > Update & Security, nor will it be listed in 'View installed update history' once you have had it. You will see it in the Reliability History. I got the update yesterday.

13. Barman58 Win User
    I would have expected an out of band emergency patch to show in the main check for updates, but seems that as it's not in the wild MS are not too concerned - I don't use MS security so am not concerned for myself but can see where others could be worried

Barman58, Dec 7, 2017
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Dec 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Microsoft has just released an emergency security patch - Similar Threads - Microsoft has released

2. Time to Patch: Microsoft released security patch for actively exploited issue

in Windows 10 News
    Time to Patch: Microsoft released security patch for actively exploited issue: Microsoft released security updates for Windows yesterday on the March 2023 Patch Day. Among the patched security updates, several of which are rated critical by Microsoft, is a security issue that is exploited actively in the wild. The issue was reported by Google's Threat...
  3. Is Microsoft released December2022 cumulative patches for this month?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft released December2022 cumulative patches for this month?: Is Microsoft released December2022 cumulative patches for this month? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-released-december2022-cumulative/511c6e4f-36c3-4442-9861-f4c73f2d216c
  4. Is Microsoft released December2022 cumulative patches for this month?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft released December2022 cumulative patches for this month?: Is Microsoft released December2022 cumulative patches for this month? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-released-december2022-cumulative/511c6e4f-36c3-4442-9861-f4c73f2d216c
  5. System panic with USB printer connected after Jul 6 emergency patch release

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System panic with USB printer connected after Jul 6 emergency patch release: Following the recent emergency patch for the print spooler vulnerability my system panics and reboots. I have narrowed it down to when my printer is connected via USB, if I disconnect the USB the system will not panic.I have a Brother MFC-J885DW with the latest firmware and...
  6. Windows 10 KB5004476 emergency patch released to fix Xbox issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5004476 emergency patch released to fix Xbox issues: Microsoft has published a new Windows 10 KB5004476 emergency (out of the band) optional update for PCs running version 21H1, version 20H2 and version 2004. As per the tech giant, Windows 10’s latest emergency update will address issues experienced when using the Xbox Game...
  7. Google releases Android Security Patch for November 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Google releases Android Security Patch for November 2020: The Android Security Bulletin contains details of security vulnerabilities affecting Android devices. Security patch levels of 2020-11-05 or later address all of these issues. To learn how to check a device's security patch level, see Check and update your Android version....
  8. Emergency patch for Microsoft September 2019

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Emergency patch for Microsoft September 2019: Kim Komando reports a major security flaw in IE 11 - where is the patch to fix this? Why is this not an auto update through Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/emergency-patch-for-microsoft-september-2019/43b7d724-5ae6-4c4c-a444-bfc8c76834fc
  9. Microsoft releases emergency patch for all versions of Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft releases emergency patch for all versions of Windows: Microsoft has released an emergency out-of-band patch for a critical flaw, affecting all supported versions of Windows. Users running Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows RT are all affected, including those running Windows Server 2008 and later. Microsoft...
  10. Microsoft issues emergency patch for all versions of Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft issues emergency patch for all versions of Windows: Microsoft has released an emergency out-of-band patch for a "critical"-rated security vulnerability, affecting all supported versions of Windows. The software giant said in an advisory Tuesday that users visiting a specially-crafted website can lead to remote code...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft just released an emergency patch