Windows 10: Microsoft has made a significant change in the option that allows you to restart apps...

Discus and support Microsoft has made a significant change in the option that allows you to restart apps... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] A month ago Microsoft separated the option that allows to "use the sign-in info to automatically finish setting up the device..." from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Leopeva64-2, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Microsoft has made a significant change in the option that allows you to restart apps...

Microsoft has made a significant change in the option that allows you to restart apps... mHC24_7XoFMS8u-JFfdUreWGRXugczeHpd2mI5qH148.jpg

A month ago Microsoft separated the option that allows to "use the sign-in info to automatically finish setting up the device..." from the option that allows to restart some apps automatically after sign in (the apps that were open before sign out).

Now, in build 18980, Microsoft has made another important change to this feature, all UWP apps have been included in the "restartable apps", this means that any UWP app (Settings, Store, Mail, Groove, Skype, etc.) that has been left open when you sign out, restart or shut down Windows, will automatically reopen when you log in again.

Something important to mention is that, regardless of the state in which the apps are at the moment of signing out (maximized, minimized or in windowed mode), all apps open minimized.

This is only available in build 18980, I have tested this feature in previous insider builds and in none of them the UWP apps are automatically reopened, no doubt many users will find this feature quite useful, for those who don't, it can be disabled:

Toggle (is off by default).

submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Leopeva64-2, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

change restart options

Hi Kim,

Restarting PC after the update was installed lets the computer apply the changes made. Follow the steps below on how to change the restart option:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Windows Update.
    • Under Update settings, click the Restart options
      link.
    • Under Schedule a time, turn the toggle On then pick a time on when you want to restart the PC.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Anne Ros, Oct 29, 2019
  3. E71 not remembering options set in the App Manager

Hi,

I am having the same problem. My phone always asks me for permission for the app to use the network to send/receive data. I have tried your suggestion of opening the app and still can't find anything in options to allow me to change this. Sorry if I'm being
    a bit stupid but could you list the steps you would take to do this.

Cheers

Eeeeeeeeee---01, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Microsoft has made a significant change in the option that allows you to restart apps...

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft has made a significant change in the option that allows you to restart apps...

1. Microsoft has made a significant change in the option that allows you to restart apps... - Similar Threads - Microsoft has made

2. Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...: I have a Asus BR1100CKA-CE1-CA. It's 3 months old. It was running Windows 10. I dowmloaded and tried to install Windows 11. The laptop does a restart and then displays it is trying to undo changes to the PC for a while. Then it restarts and displays tje message again. It has...
  3. Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...: I have a Asus BR1100CKA-CE1-CA. It's 3 months old. It was running Windows 10. I dowmloaded and tried to install Windows 11. The laptop does a restart and then displays it is trying to undo changes to the PC for a while. Then it restarts and displays tje message again. It has...
  4. Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" But the only option is no....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" But the only option is no....: I tried to put a log in password to my pc, then i removed and now i cannot install anything. It says: "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" But the only option is no. I tried netwiz and it still shows. Anything that requires admin privileges i cannot...
  6. "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" But the only option is no....

"Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" But the only option is no....: I tried to put a log in password to my pc, then i removed and now i cannot install anything. It says: "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" But the only option is no. I tried netwiz and it still shows. Anything that requires admin privileges i cannot...
  7. "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" But the only option is no....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Uninstalling has made my disk space significantly smaller and shrink

Uninstalling has made my disk space significantly smaller and shrink: Just uninstalled God of War around 60gb and my disk space was reduced from 33gb to 16gb, and it is shrinking at an incredibly fast rate. I've tried uninstalling things like MSIXVC, but it immediately reinstalled itself after booting normally. I've emptied the recycle bin...
  9. Uninstalling has made my disk space significantly smaller and shrink

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling has made my disk space significantly smaller and shrink: Just uninstalled God of War around 60gb and my disk space was reduced from 33gb to 16gb, and it is shrinking at an incredibly fast rate. I've tried uninstalling things like MSIXVC, but it immediately reinstalled itself after booting normally. I've emptied the recycle bin...
  10. Uninstalling has made my disk space significantly smaller and shrink

in Windows 10 Gaming