Windows 10: Microsoft has made my life hell

Discus and support Microsoft has made my life hell in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I finally had Windows 7 figured out. I waited until the last minute to get Windows 10 because I knew adapting to it would be hard. That's an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Outbidu, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Outbidu Win User

Microsoft has made my life hell

I finally had Windows 7 figured out. I waited until the last minute to get Windows 10 because I knew adapting to it would be hard. That's an understatement. Some of my programs now have microscopic screens that I cannot see. That never happened with previous versions. It takes me forever to figure out how to do a simple thing that I used to do in Windows 7 with no problem. The final straw was when I couldn't see a drop-down that was too small, and I deleted every picture on my computer by accident! I want to scream!! I've tried everything I've read online and nothing has helped. I'm working from home because of the pandemic and pulling my hair out! Well, at least I will sleep better knowing Bill Gates is rich and the Microsoft shareholders are happy. GRRRRRR!!!

:)

Outbidu, Apr 22, 2020

2. How to add tiles to Life at a Glance?

Hi

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you pin the app tile and Life at a glance on the Start screen.

Follow the below steps:

• Type program in the search bar from the Desktop.
    • Right click on the app and select Pin to Start.
    • Again, type life at a glance in the search bar from the Desktop.
    • Right click on the Life at a glance and select Pin to Start.
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 22, 2020
  3. I cannot delete or add apps to 'life at a glance'

Hi,

How exactly you are trying to add or delete apps to life at a glance?

Did you get any error when you try adding or deleting?

I suggest you to follow the below methods to add apps:

Method1:

• Open Start menu and Click All Apps.

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Pin to Start.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    Method 2:

• Drag the app from app list and drop the app in Life at a glance part.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the apps:

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Unpin from Start.

• The app will be deleted from Life at a glance.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Bansaw Win User

Microsoft Hell-Bent on resurrecting Cortana on me, even though I've..?

About three times now I have forced deleted Cortana.
    It seems like with updates, sometimes Cortana is resurrected from the dead and brought back to life like a zombie from a horror movie. Its like dead for a few weeks, then, boom, back to life and there again in my tasks list, stalking me... : (
    Is Microsoft that intent on spying on us?

I don't suppose there is a permanent way of getting rid of Cortana by disabling it being updated or something?

Got to keep doing these drastic steps:
    https://www.tenforums.com/software-a...e-cortana.html

Bansaw, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft has made my life hell - Similar Threads - Microsoft has made

2. MS Authenticator has ruined my life!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Authenticator has ruined my life!: I downloaded MS Authenticator a few weeks ago and have had problems with my MS account ever since. Keep getting message to go to accounts.live.com to fix. All that then happens is I go round and round doing everything I'm told and nothing is actually fixed. Now have problems...
  3. MS Authenticator has ruined my life!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Authenticator has ruined my life!: I downloaded MS Authenticator a few weeks ago and have had problems with my MS account ever since. Keep getting message to go to accounts.live.com to fix. All that then happens is I go round and round doing everything I'm told and nothing is actually fixed. Now have problems...
  4. Bitlocker has made my life hell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker has made my life hell: So a few weeks back, I was working on my laptop as usual and suddenly windows said shutting down and shut down on it's own. Then when I switch on the laptop, it is asking for bit locker recovery key. It is a used office laptop I've been using for almost 2 years now. I had no...
  5. PLEASE help a New PC Builder, Black Screen failures are making my life hell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PLEASE help a New PC Builder, Black Screen failures are making my life hell: I have done a ton of troubleshooting so far. I have been having lots of problems recently with my 5700xt and playing the outer worlds on xbox game pass. It randomly crashes. Sometimes it will black screen back to desktop, sometimes it black screens and restarts my whole...
  6. My life

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My life: So pretty much, I'm stuck in school and its extremely **** boring. Umm, please get bill gates to send me a small loan of a billion dollars so I can get out of this dump. Appreciated! Jake Rees....
  7. MY LIFE

in Windows 10 Customization
    MY LIFE: Yes my email has been HACKED email VictoriasSecret777 outlook won't stop to delete from the time I made it from back of June of 2018 and it's outlook.com please someone help me to delete it and from the time I can't delete it it has Skype and Outlook 365 and need for the...
  8. Window 10 auto-update has made the life hell. Laptop is always in the hanging-mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 auto-update has made the life hell. Laptop is always in the hanging-mode.: Hi I have been using Microsoft products since two decades. I was quite happy with the performance until I bought a new laptop with pre-loaded Window 10 in the year 2014. Everything was good but then came the nightmare of window auto-updation feature which just reuined the...
  9. Microsoft Store Hell Corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Hell Corner: I have 2 laptops running windows 10 version 1709 that managed to develop issues almost the same time : Laptop 1 : Lately managed to hide a lot of store apps icons and tiles from start menu but I can still run them from store itself also leaving at the bottom of start...
  10. Microsoft Life cam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Life cam: I use one of theses and always had to use the old 3.6 Win 7 version to have it work in W8 or W10. Today I did updates and there was on for W10. It works! [img] 24261