Windows 10: Microsoft has no plans to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft has no plans to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s Chromium-based Edge browser is trying to provide enterprises with a rich set of tools to address their compatibility concerns. Chromium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 13, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft has no plans to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10

Microsoft’s Chromium-based Edge browser is trying to provide enterprises with a rich set of tools to address their compatibility concerns. Chromium Edge will ship with a built-in Internet Explorer mode that would help enterprise users continue using their existing legacy services within the new browser.

Although Edge is getting its own Internet Explorer mode, the software giant still has no plans to entirely remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10 consumer or enterprise editions.

In a Reddit AMD thread, Microsoft Edge engineer revealed that the company is not planning to remove Internet Explorer in Windows 10 and the browser will continue to be supported.

“IE11 will continue to be supported on the lifecycle of the OS. No plans to remove IE11,” the engineer wrote in a Reddit post. “We will continue to support IE11,” Colleen added.

Internet Explorer has always been offered in Windows and many enterprises are still using it because they’ve internal services that are optimized for Microsoft’s legacy browser.

According to the latest market share data, Internet Explorer is more popular than old Microsoft Edge and the majority of users are on Windows 7. Internet Explorer is the only Microsoft browser for Windows 7 and those want to run a modern browser have opted for Chrome, Firefox or other third-party alternatives.

Microsoft is also working on Edge for Windows 7 and it may reduce the market share of Internet Explorer.

The post Microsoft has no plans to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 13, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Microsoft has no plans to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. btarunr Win User
    Microsoft Releases Internet Explorer 10 Consumer Preview for Windows 7

Microsoft released Internet Explorer 10 Consumer Preview for Windows 7, the only other operating system to support it, apart from Windows 8 and Windows RT, with which it made its stable debut last month, earning Mozilla's cake. Posted as "Pre-Release," the browser provides most functionality as its Windows 8 stable version. Most of its performance enhancements, including the ability to flip through pages in articles by swiping across a touchscreen, are available.

Microsoft has no plans to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10 125a_thm.jpg

DOWNLOAD: Internet Explorer 10 Consumer Preview for Windows 7

btarunr, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Microsoft has no plans to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10

Internet Explorer is dead: Microsoft to stop supporting early versions yesterday WITH POLL

From @Frick 's link

* Beginning January 10, 2017, only Internet Explorer 11 will be supported on Windows Thin PC. In order to continue to receive Internet Explorer 8 updates after January 12, 2016, please contact your Microsoft Account Team.

For customers running on an older version of Internet Explorer, such as Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), Microsoft recommends customers plan to migrate to one of the above supported operating systems and browser combinations by January 12, 2016.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft has no plans to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10

1. Microsoft has no plans to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft has plans

2. Question: Is Microsoft planning on disabling Internet Explorer in Windows 10 in 2021?...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question: Is Microsoft planning on disabling Internet Explorer in Windows 10 in 2021?...: A big feature in Internet Explorer 11 I would really miss is MHTML support, especially from personal OneDrive! If you apply for a government job, including the United States Postal Service, they need you on IE 11. They’re well aware it’s not very polished, but government work...
  3. Safe to remove Internet Explorer?

in Browsers and Email
    Safe to remove Internet Explorer?: I haven't used IE for a long time, I've used Edge and now the Chromium Edge and Firefox. Is it safe to remove IE? 163705
  4. Microsoft plans to improve File Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans to improve File Explorer on Windows 10: File Explorer is long due for a big update and it looks like Microsoft is finally working on improvements for Windows 10’s built-in file manager. According to multiple LinkedIn job posts, Microsoft could be working on new features for File Explorer on both Windows 10 and...
  5. Update on removing Flash from Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Update on removing Flash from Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer: In 2017, we published a roadmap to remove Adobe Flash from Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer by 2020. Since that post, we announced our intent to build Microsoft Edge on the Chromium open source project. In this post, we will provide an update on what to expect for the...
  6. Internet explorer missing from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet explorer missing from Windows 10: If you've recently made some hardware changes to the computer or had reinstalled Windows 10 on the computer and not being able to find Internet explorer on your computer, then this article might help you! 1. Search for Internet explorer through cortana or search bar on the...
  7. Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10: Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this. This is my first post here. My problem is that I have an Internet Explorer icon on my desktop that will just not go away. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried: 1. Moving it to the recycle bin. 2. Right clicking it...
  8. Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10: Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this. This is my first post here. My problem is that I have an Internet Explorer icon on my desktop that will just not go away. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried: 1. Moving it to the recycle bin. 2. Right clicking it...
  9. Remove Internet Explorer at Command prompt in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Remove Internet Explorer at Command prompt in Windows 10: I wish to totally remove Internet Explorer from one of my installs. I can't recall or get right the syntax for rmdir. Please give the full syntax and path to Internet Explorer in the cmd prompt. Or of deltree is an option for this. I'm aware that IE can be temporarily...
  10. Microsoft fleshes out Azure, Windows 10 Internet of things plan

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft fleshes out Azure, Windows 10 Internet of things plan: Microsoft on Monday highlighted how it plans to combine it Azure cloud service and Windows 10 to be more of an Internet of things player. The company at its Convergence conference in Atlanta launched the Azure IoT Suite, a cloud service to enable billing, monitoring and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft has no plans to remove Internet Explorer from Windows 10