Windows 10: Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update

Discus and support Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update from Windows Update 30988 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Almighty1, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Almighty1 Win User

Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update

Almighty1, Nov 21, 2015
  2. Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 21, 2015
  3. aakkam22 Win User
    Upgrade to November Update before 31 days

Recently, I've learned that Microsoft has removed the ability to upgrade to the November Update using the MCT. Therefore, ZigZag's post as well as mine are incorrect.

The only option is to use Windows Update. All other methods will not work.

See: Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update Media Creation
    Tool

aakkam22, Nov 21, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

Word Man, Nov 21, 2015
  5. This is the timeline I see:
    (1) W7/8.1 > W10 July
    (2) TH2 November
    (3) .3 November
    (4) .11 November
    (5) back to (1) November
    (6) what next? when?

I myself have progressed until (3) via automatic windows updates, I have not received (4) yet.
    I have it on one of my initially not-important computers, and I have gained sufficient confidence in the mean time to use it for something important.
    I don't have any problems at the moment, but I do hope that the automatic update (6) won't cause me any problems on that one computer. Luckily, I do have a spare W8.1 computer if problems arise.

As to my other computers, I lost confidence, hence I won't do the upgrade (1) on my other computers right now.
    I will do a future upgrade (1) when Windows10-as-a-service has matured, it is a new game for Microsoft after all.

FrozenCursor, Nov 21, 2015
  6. Drybonz Win User
    I'm about ready to roll back to step 1. Win 10 has been, for me, more annoyances and problems than I have had since Win 98. Honestly, the only thing keeping me on it is that I have been too lazy to install 8.1 again... but I'm working up the motivation.

Drybonz, Nov 21, 2015
  7. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

What puzzles me most is that I really don't see anything wrong with TH2 except for people having trouble doing the update via WU.
    Other than that I think it is a great improvement over 10240.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 21, 2015
  8. Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update

Next is Redstone ("rs-" builds). Redstone rollout is projected for July. Based on recent branding changes it will be called "Windows version 1607" for July 2016, the year being first, European format dating. The European format allows for subsequent releases to stay in ascending numerical order. The build numbers insiders will be getting in the meantime should be in the 106xx range, but I am just guessing on that one.

Cbarnhorst, Nov 21, 2015
  9. Johnboy Win User
    Same here. I plan on going back to 8.1 over the Xmas break if I am off for the 2 weeks like I was last year.

Johnboy, Nov 21, 2015
  10. Microsoft said that TH2 had not been pulled, but will be rolled out gradually via Windows Update http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsof...windows-update

Wonder if Redstone will also be rolled out gradually via Windows Update...

11. No. By then the free upgrade offer will have ended and the rollback issue will have gone away or changed. This is all about the free Windows 10 upgrade offer. By the time Redstone rolls out the only way Windows 7 and 8 users can get Windows 10 is buy it.

Cbarnhorst, Nov 21, 2015
  12. Are the Redstone branded updates to be paid for by definition and hence necessarily launched after 29 July 2016? That would be a marketing and branding decision.

Otherwise, I don't necessarily see a strict connection between 29 July 2016 and when the Redstone branded updates are to be rolled out. In fact, Windows-as-a-service is said to roll out updates as soon as they are ready to be rolled out.

13. Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update

No. The Redstone cycle is like the Threshold cycle that just completed. Redstone will be an upgrade to Windows 10 and therefore free. The connection is that until the giveaway expires Microsoft's promise that those taking advantage of the free upgrade offer can have 30 days to revert to the OS they upgraded from has to be guaranteed. They decided the best way to guarantee folks have 30 day to decide is to control the distribution of Threshold through Windows Update.

Of course this does not affect the cumulative updates Microsoft will be doing every few weeks because the version won't change again until Restone rollout next summer. Cumulative updates can deliver new features without affecting the versioning. This whole problem is about versioning because that is what redefines "previous version" in the rollback feature.

Cbarnhorst, Nov 21, 2015
  14. Frankly, to me your last 2 postings contradict each other.

15. On ...11 no issues here. Carry on, smoke em if you got em.

lopedoggie, Nov 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft has pulled the Windows 10 November Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft has pulled

2. November Windows update has altered documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    November Windows update has altered documents: Since installing the November Update, all my documents have changed to "read only" making it impossible to add anything to my documents and save. How do I fix this issue?...
  3. Windows 10 November update

Windows 10 November update: I have twice updated and after each time my PC was unusable. Excel and Word had defaulted to a black background with yellow font. LastPass was the same with the added problem that most features, e.g. viewing settings were unreadable. I had to revert to the older Windows 10...
  4. windows 10 november update

windows 10 november update: Is the November Windows 10 update for the home edition too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-november-update/45232e5a-3805-44fd-ad49-5276f13dcd7f
  5. Microsoft pushes and pulls wrong Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pushes and pulls wrong Windows 10 update: On October 22, Microsoft started rolling out an optional cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 with fixes for critical bugs. In addition to the optional cumulative update, Microsoft also shipped a standalone package KB4523786 to make quality improvements to Windows...
  6. Microsoft announces Windows 10 November 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces Windows 10 November 2019 Update: The next Windows 10 feature update is called “Windows 10 November 2019 Update” and it will begin shipping to consumers in the coming weeks. In a new announcement, Microsoft today confirmed that they are ready to roll out the next feature update for Windows 10. The release...
  7. Microsoft pulls Windows 10’s optional November update following BSOD reports

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pulls Windows 10’s optional November update following BSOD reports: Windows 10 cumulative updates could be a crazy roller coaster ride for some users. The Surface Book 2 owners reported that they are experiencing BSOD error after installing the optional Windows 10 November 2018 cumulative update. Windows 10 version 1803 Build 17134.441...
  8. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 October 2018 Update has been pulled

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 October 2018 Update has been pulled: Windows 10 October 2018 Update was released on October 2 and some users reported that the update is deleting their files and document. Today, Microsoft quietly updated the Windows 10 download page and the company has removed the ISO and Media Creation Tool no longer downloads...
  9. Microsoft pulled the Windows 10 November Update due to privacy setting

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pulled the Windows 10 November Update due to privacy setting: Microsoft has today detailed why they chose to pull the Windows 10 November Update from Windows Update and the Media Creation Tool over the weekend. Their initial comment regarding the situation claimed the company decided that all users needed to update via Windows Update,...
  10. Microsoft Pulls Windows 10 Mobile 10586.29 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Pulls Windows 10 Mobile 10586.29 Update: Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Mobile 10586.29 earlier this month, but it appears that owners of the new Microsoft flagship phones, Lumia 950 and 950 XL are having some major problems with it. Microsoft has decided to pull the update from its servers while it investigates...