Windows 10: Microsoft has sent me a mail and asked me to update my credit card details - WHAT IS VALID...

Discus and support Microsoft has sent me a mail and asked me to update my credit card details - WHAT IS VALID... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been asked to update my credit card details from an unsolicited email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** No mention of Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhilMD, Dec 1, 2019.

1. PhilMD Win User

Microsoft has sent me a mail and asked me to update my credit card details - WHAT IS VALID...

I've been asked to update my credit card details from an unsolicited email from

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

No mention of Microsoft in the domain name.

I searched internet for the name and nothing pointed to Microsoft

Is this a scam?

If its not, would really appreciate Microsoft to clearly publicise its emails as it is extremely difficult for us poor people to figure out who is genuine or not, if even genuine companies don't publish their own genuine email addresses.

In case it is genuine email, if you can answer within a couple of days to prevent my subscription from expiring, that would be very kind

Regards Phil

:)

PhilMD, Dec 1, 2019

2. credit card details already exist

Two things you can do.

• Visit commerce.microsoft.com and then head over to the billing section. Remove any credit card details that may exist and make the card section completely empty. Then head to windowsphone.com and then try to buy the app and it will prompt you to enter fresh
      credit card details.
    • If the previous step did not work, don't waste time on online research or forums as this is a billing/account related issue. Straight away, head over to gethelp.live.com, start a chat with a billing person and they will take care of this.

Jay_answers, Dec 1, 2019
  3. credit card details already exist

i have a nokia lumia 800 phone and i have also set up my microsoft account with credit card details etc.
    when i enter the market place on my phone to purchase an app the phone suggests that credit card details are required and it transfers me to microsoft and when i log in and enter the credit card details , i cant get any further regarding buying the app
    as a message saying credit card details already exist is as near as i can get to buying that particular app.
    i have tried turning on and off my phone and clearing the web browser history etc and still when i try and buy a new app i get the same message that the card details already exist ?
    any ideas on how to resolve this issue ?

donalcreedon, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Microsoft has sent me a mail and asked me to update my credit card details - WHAT IS VALID...

App hub registration credit card validation problem

When i try to provide a valid credit card detail in app hub registration , it says invalid credit card number. I have tried 2 cards Amex, visa and it still says the same.

saravananl, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft has sent me a mail and asked me to update my credit card details - WHAT IS VALID...

1. Microsoft has sent me a mail and asked me to update my credit card details - WHAT IS VALID... - Similar Threads - Microsoft has sent

2. I need to update my credit card but it won'let me do it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to update my credit card but it won'let me do it.: I need to update my credit card but it won't let me do it. Can some one call me or e-mail me. I am over my storage and need to purchase more storage. Thank you....
  3. I need to update my credit card but it won'let me do it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to update my credit card but it won'let me do it.: I need to update my credit card but it won't let me do it. Can some one call me or e-mail me. I am over my storage and need to purchase more storage. Thank you....
  4. I need to update my credit card but it won'let me do it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What is a charge on my credit card for Microsoft#@g029685386

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is a charge on my credit card for Microsoft#@g029685386: I have a reoccurring charge on my credit card for $287.50 with only a description of Microsoft#g029685386. Can you tell me what this is for? I haven't signed up for anything that I'm aware of and do not find this as a subscription under my account?...
  6. windows 11 installation asking for credit card details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 installation asking for credit card details: Hello everyone. I was reinstalling windows 11 on my laptop though a flash drive made with Media Creation Tool, almost at the end of installation after office 365 prompt it keep asking me for credit card details. No matter I accept it or decline it I see same prompt and it...
  7. windows 11 installation asking for credit card details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 installation asking for credit card details: Hello everyone. I was reinstalling windows 11 on my laptop though a flash drive made with Media Creation Tool, almost at the end of installation after office 365 prompt it keep asking me for credit card details. No matter I accept it or decline it I see same prompt and it...
  8. Changing my credit card details

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Changing my credit card details: I am unable to change my credit card details in order to pay my account. I filled in all details for the link but the credit card slot remained closed to any information. I have tried several times but it will not accept any changes. Where to from here? DC...
  9. Changing my credit card details

Changing my credit card details: I am unable to change my credit card details in order to pay my account. I filled in all details for the link but the credit card slot remained closed to any information. I have tried several times but it will not accept any changes. Where to from here? DC...
  10. Has Microsoft sent out a message asking me to schedule a time for an update? It has shown...

Has Microsoft sent out a message asking me to schedule a time for an update? It has shown...: Please confirm or deny that Microsoft is sending out an announcement daily that asks me to schedule a time for a needed update that needs me to start it....