Windows 10: Microsoft has updated my computer. I can't get any of my icons on the task bar and those I...

Discus and support Microsoft has updated my computer. I can't get any of my icons on the task bar and those I... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft has updated my computer. I can't get any of my icons to 'stay' on the task bar. As soon as I click on one, it disappears. Also, I cannot get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Enid Russell, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Microsoft has updated my computer. I can't get any of my icons on the task bar and those I...

Microsoft has updated my computer. I can't get any of my icons to 'stay' on the task bar. As soon as I click on one, it disappears. Also, I cannot get Outlook. My task bar usually has, Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Solitaire Collection and Internet.

:)

Enid Russell, Aug 3, 2020
  2. poo99 Win User

how do I unpin microsoft account from my files icon in task bar?

My file icon in my task bar has microsoft account embedded into it and I can't get rid of it!

poo99, Aug 3, 2020
  3. task bar icons blank

After applying the november windows 10 home update three of my task bar icons have become blank sheets. The ones changed are edge, store and wunderlist. The remainder are fine. The icons of the three appear correct in the all apps list. I have tried
    unpin and re-pin with no change. The three applications work correctly and start fine from the task bar. It is just hard to remember which application is which blank. Note this has happened on my hp laptop which was upgraded from windows 8.1, My desktop
    which has windows 10 professional does not have the problem. It was upgraded from windows 7 professional.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RussGarside, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microsoft has updated my computer. I can't get any of my icons on the task bar and those I...

Disappearing task bar icons

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask what are the updates that have been installed in your computer? Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

To view your update history, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings and then click
      Update & security.
    • Under Windows Update, click Advanced options.
    • Under ADVANCED OPTIONS, click View your update history.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft has updated my computer. I can't get any of my icons on the task bar and those I...

1. Microsoft has updated my computer. I can't get any of my icons on the task bar and those I... - Similar Threads - Microsoft has updated

2. I can't sign into any microsoft accs on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign into any microsoft accs on my computer: I've tried everything, including signing out into a local account and signing back in but now I can't even sign back in. The only thing i can sign into is the microsoft website, besides that whenever I try to log in it starts loading but then the thing disappears, I can't...
  3. I can't login to any microsoft app on my computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't login to any microsoft app on my computer: I have tried most everything to log in to any microsoft app on my pc, and nothing is working. I want to play minecraft with my friends, but I can't login to that, the microsoft store, or even the get help app to ask for help. When I try to open the microsoft store, i get this...
  4. I can't login to any microsoft app on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't login to any microsoft app on my computer: I have tried most everything to log in to any microsoft app on my pc, and nothing is working. I want to play minecraft with my friends, but I can't login to that, the microsoft store, or even the get help app to ask for help. When I try to open the microsoft store, i get this...
  5. New MS icon locked in my task bar I can't remove.

in Windows 10 Customization
    New MS icon locked in my task bar I can't remove.: After yesterday's MS Windows update, Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2, I find I have a new icon locked in my taskbar. It appears as a yellow ball. By clicking on it I find it is some type of shortcut to weather and MS News. I didn't want this bloatware and now I...
  6. I can't sign into any Microsoft games on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign into any Microsoft games on my computer: I've had this problem ever since I've gotten a new PC. Whenever I try to sign into ANY game I bought through the Microsoft store, it says that I am unable to sign in. I can't even sign into the Xbox app, which just shows a gray box for about half a second and doesn't do...
  7. how do I get my printer icon to show up on my task bar

how do I get my printer icon to show up on my task bar: how do I get my printer icon to show up on the text bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-printer-icon-to-show-up-on-my-task/eaa3e2b3-25d4-462b-bd0f-cf95b44aaaa8
  8. My word icon in the task bar has disappeared.

My word icon in the task bar has disappeared.: The word icon in my taskbar has disappeared. I can't unpin it now, nor open files from it when I right click, though I can still move it around in the taskbar. The word icon is fine when I go through the start panel. This seemed to have happened after the 1809 update....
  9. My search box has disappeared from task bar. I can't get it back again.

My search box has disappeared from task bar. I can't get it back again.: How can I get the search box back, it appears an update removed it. Is this related to Cortana which I've never used. Windows 10. Totally frustrated novice. Control panel, when you can find it appears to have changed also as I can't find search information from there or...
  10. I can't turn on power icon on task bar

I can't turn on power icon on task bar: I can't turn on power icon on task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/i-cant-turn-on-power-icon-on-task-bar/48f37599-5db4-489f-ab01-7fab44339a80