Windows 10: Microsoft HD-3000 cam stopped working, not showing up in device manager

Discus and support Microsoft HD-3000 cam stopped working, not showing up in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As in the subject, my Microsoft HD-3000 cam stopped working with all applications, does not show up as an option in the camera app, or in zoom. It also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by geomtb, Aug 9, 2021.

1. geomtb Win User

Microsoft HD-3000 cam stopped working, not showing up in device manager

As in the subject, my Microsoft HD-3000 cam stopped working with all applications, does not show up as an option in the camera app, or in zoom. It also does not show up in device manager, and so therefore a lot of the troubleshooting tips i've seen are impossible for me.Any advice on how to fix this issue?

:)

geomtb, Aug 9, 2021

2. Microsoft Life Cam HD 3000

Dear Microsoft, Do you have any plans to update this download file so that it works perfectly using Windows 10?

There's another issue involving installing Microsoft Life Cam HD 3000 to my PC running Windows 10 64-bit. It worked perfectly in Windows 7 - I used your Windows 8 installation drivers for a system running Windows 10. It was the most compatible available
    driver I could find to run on Windows 10 64 bit. Just a short while during installation, a pop up error message would stop the installation. The error In your own words, shouldn't the Windows 8 drivers work inside Windows 10 64 bit? Please dont ask me to invest
    in a new webcam when there's a Windows 8 driver available. Please visit this site & update the webcam driver to Windows 10. Thank you.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/lifecam-hd-3000

Lexx Luthor, Aug 9, 2021
  3. Lifecam HD-3000 stops working

Hi,

Have you updated the drivers for Lifecam HD-3000?

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the driver listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this information is helpful, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 9, 2021
  4. Microsoft HD-3000 cam stopped working, not showing up in device manager

Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000 windows 10 driver

Hello, my name is Bradford, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Microsoft Community and I will try to assist you. Post, Windows 7, there are no signed drivers for the Lifecam HD 3000, however, built into Windows there is a generic webcam driver that might
    get your Lifecams working again.

Please follow these steps:

1. Open "Device Manager".

2. Expand "Imaging devices".

3. Locate the name of your "Lifecam HD 3000 camera" in the list and right-click on it.

4. Select Update Driver Software.

5. Click Browse my computer for driver software.

6. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

7. Check Show compatible hardware, and then select "USB Video Device".

8. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.

Please let me know if the above solution helps you to solve the problem.

Omoikane1122, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft HD-3000 cam stopped working, not showing up in device manager

1. Microsoft HD-3000 cam stopped working, not showing up in device manager - Similar Threads - Microsoft 3000 cam

2. Microsoft webcam HD-3000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft webcam HD-3000: Hi I am using Microsoft webcam HD-3000 on a computer running Win 10, the problem is I changed some settings in the drop-down menu, now the screen is black with some icons down each side but no image, how do I restore the default settings for this cam, the cam works fine on...
  3. My Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 has stopped working - AGAIN.

My Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 has stopped working - AGAIN.: It was working, I didn't use it for some months, now it has stopped again. I daresay I have gone through a few updates since then of Windows 10. Microsoft appears to not be able to produce a simple video product that consistently works.The system says there is no driver for...
  4. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000

Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000: Hi, I have a problem in that I am unable to adjust the brightness in the Windows 10 camera app. I go into the camera app settings and turn on Pro Mode which then gives me a brightness button which shows a number representing brightness from 30 to 255. When I click on this...
  5. LifeCam HD-3000 Suddenly stopped working

LifeCam HD-3000 Suddenly stopped working: Hello! I have had this camera for several years now. Last time I used it was two days ago and it work as well as always. Today it just decided to stop functioning. The microphone works fine, and I can speak through it on different apps, however the camera refuses to work. I...
  6. Microsoft HD-3000 Software

Microsoft HD-3000 Software: Good day, I have been looking for a program for the Lifecam HD-3000 Webcam i can't seem to find it anywhere, I have windows 10 Pro, I Need a program or support on how to change or edit my webcams settings such as my saturation, sharpness lighting and so forth. Please assist...
  7. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 on Windows 10 continuously disappearing in Device Manager then...

Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 on Windows 10 continuously disappearing in Device Manager then...: I have a HD-3000 camera on a small HP Elitedesk 800 G1 mini computer but the darn thing intermittently disconnects. I can open device manager and just watch it appear and disappear. I am fully patched on the OS. Can't seem to find any firmware to update and am a bit of a loss...
  8. life cam HD 3000

life cam HD 3000: I downloaded driver for windows 10, plugged into 2.0 USB, but cam is not turning on. Can someone tell me how to launch this web cam? Thank you in advance for any help. Judy Wagers...
  9. Microsoft LifeCam HD 3000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft LifeCam HD 3000: I have just purchased a microsoft lifecam HD-3000 and have just loaded the hardware to install the device - it says that it is not compatible with Windows 10. Does anyone have any workarounds or tech advice you could help me with please? Thanks in advance...
  10. Lifecam HD-3000/Live! cam HD VF0770 not working properly

Lifecam HD-3000/Live! cam HD VF0770 not working properly: A couple of months ago my lifecam webcam stopped working. Probably due to a windows 10 update (though why they'd want to break their own damn product I have no idea *cough*planned obsolescence*cough*). I tried numerous fixes, including uninstalling/reinstalling the device,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft livecam HD 3000 drivers