Windows 10: Microsoft Hello "Can't open camera"

Discus and support Microsoft Hello "Can't open camera" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, My Microsoft Surface 3 is only a few months old but the Microsoft Hello Function isn't working. I've tried all the troubleshooting tips Checked for... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EhrardVermaak, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Microsoft Hello "Can't open camera"

Hi, My Microsoft Surface 3 is only a few months old but the Microsoft Hello Function isn't working. I've tried all the troubleshooting tips Checked for system updates, individual hardware updates etc numerous times. But still doesn't work. The webcam itself works fine. Please advise!

:)

EhrardVermaak, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

camera not opening

Hello,

We understand that after a Windows 10 update, your camera stopped working properly. This issue may have occurred due to corrupted drivers. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you getting an error message whenever you try to open photos or start the camera?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and perform the troubleshooting steps given to see if there will be any changes on your Windows 10 camera.

Kindly get back to us.

Xylee Del, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Camera is not opening

Hi Hardik,

One of the possible reasons why the camera is not opening after the update is the antivirus software that's blocking it or it could be that the driver is outdated.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps listed on this
    link. The link contains troubleshooting steps such as checking the antivirus and the outdated webcam driver.

Kindly update us with the result and let us know if you need further help.

Eileen Gal, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Microsoft Hello "Can't open camera"

Windows Hello cannot "open" the built-in Intel RealSese SR300 camera in my HP Pavilion 27

Good day,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right-click on Start menu.
    • Go to Device Manager.
    • Under System devices, right-click on Microsoft IR camera front and choose
      Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Choose Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Choose Microsoft IR camera front.
    • Click on Next and let the driver install.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Once done, repeat the said steps but this time choose Camera Windows Hello under
      System devices.

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Hello "Can't open camera"

1. Microsoft Hello "Can't open camera" - Similar Threads - Microsoft Hello Can't

2. Windows Hello: Can't turn on camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello: Can't turn on camera: I am trying to get Windows Hello set up, but it keeps telling me that the camera can't turn on. I have tried uninstalling the driver and searching for help but I cant work this out. I am not sure if this has anything to do with my problem but when I was searching, I found out...
  3. Windows Hello: Can't turn on camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello: Can't turn on camera: I am trying to get Windows Hello set up, but it keeps telling me that the camera can't turn on. I have tried uninstalling the driver and searching for help but I cant work this out. I am not sure if this has anything to do with my problem but when I was searching, I found out...
  4. can't open my camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open my camera: i can't open my camera whenever i try to open my camera my got black secreen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-my-camera/5171dc32-a1b7-440d-add7-bda1877908b5
  5. can't open my camera

can't open my camera: i can't open my camera whenever i try to open my camera my got black secreen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-my-camera/5171dc32-a1b7-440d-add7-bda1877908b5
  6. Windows Hello compatible camera can't be found

Windows Hello compatible camera can't be found: I couldn't find face driver folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-compatible-camera-cant-be-found/22627f1b-cee7-4966-ad15-7ede47580415
  7. Hello camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello camera: Microsoft created the facial recognition program hello So far so good But they forgot to deliver the hardware for it The cameras they sell are not compatible with hello You must use a camera from another brand.... I think that's stupid So come on microsoft show your...
  8. The camera can't open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The camera can't open: Close other apps it looks as though another app is already using the camera error 0xA00F4288 Have create another user, do the clean boot and reinstall the camera driver, reset the camera, but still same error, Any solution?...
  9. Windows hello can't recognize camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows hello can't recognize camera: Windows hello cannot recognize my camera so I cannot use face recognition login. I tried to connect USB camera with the same result. What’s your suggestions?...
  10. Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Can't Turn the Camera On: This has started in the last couple of weeks. I can sign in with a password or a PIN but I now get an error message that "Windows Hello couldn't turn on the camera." The camera is working for other purposes -- just not for Windows Hello. I tried updating the drivers but all...