Windows 10: Microsoft Hello on My New Laptop Stopped Working

Discus and support Microsoft Hello on My New Laptop Stopped Working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Good day, I have a 1 day old laptop, and am facing issues with Microsoft Hello, as shown below. Please assist! Thank you. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KChiang8589, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Microsoft Hello on My New Laptop Stopped Working

Good day,

I have a 1 day old laptop, and am facing issues with Microsoft Hello, as shown below.

Please assist!

Thank you.

Microsoft Hello on My New Laptop Stopped Working ca614fec-15b3-4e9d-b8cf-b90d289b82c7?upload=true.png

:)

KChiang8589, Jan 31, 2021
  2. SunnyK Win User

New Laptop Help, Please.

What about MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50? THey are light, portable and powerful... also both are 15" and in your budget. *Toast :toast:

SunnyK, Jan 31, 2021
  3. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Hello on My New Laptop Stopped Working

Hello stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello face on your Surface Laptop 2. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Let us try a couple of troubleshooting steps and check:

Reset Biometric Database:

Try resetting the Windows Hello Biometric Database and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on
      Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the
      WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the
      Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

If the issue persists, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + E, to open
      File Explorer.
    2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver.
    3. You will find two files, HelloFace.inf and
      HelloFaceMigration.inf, right click on each file and select Install.
    4. Restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Hello on My New Laptop Stopped Working

1. Microsoft Hello on My New Laptop Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Hello Laptop

2. Hello Microsoft teams, My Window 11 laptop is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Microsoft teams, My Window 11 laptop is not working: Hello Microsoft teams, My keyboard stopped working while using it . Inorder to know what could be the issue , I went to my settings and did about 15 optional updates available in my device. After that my system keeps restarting but doesn't boot on. And keeps popping up...
  3. Hello Microsoft teams, My Window 11 laptop is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Microsoft teams, My Window 11 laptop is not working: Hello Microsoft teams, My keyboard stopped working while using it . Inorder to know what could be the issue , I went to my settings and did about 15 optional updates available in my device. After that my system keeps restarting but doesn't boot on. And keeps popping up...
  4. Windows Hello is not working for my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello is not working for my laptop: Heeya! I am trying to use this feature on windows laptop but is not working for my devicePlease help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-is-not-working-for-my-laptop/c2f5610e-7513-4803-a4ad-b65de0931275
  5. New Microsoft Keyboard Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Microsoft Keyboard Stopped Working: I have been away for about a week and my Microsoft keyboard less than a year old would not type when I tried to log in. Had to get another keyboard.In device manager I see "device descriptor request failed" and there was also a pop up that showed up and disappeared quickly...
  6. Windows Hello not working on new Laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello not working on new Laptop: Hi, I just purchased the Acer Swift 3 laptop today and out of the box the PIN and Windows Hello is not working. I've managed to get the PIN to work by updating the fingerprint sensor but it still does not allow me to use the Windows Hello face login. The Camera driver for...
  7. Windows Hello not working on new Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Hello not working on new Laptop: Hi, I just purchased the Acer Swift 3 laptop today and out of the box the PIN and Windows Hello is not working. I've managed to get the PIN to work by updating the fingerprint sensor but it still does not allow me to use the Windows Hello face login. The Camera driver for...
  8. Hello Facial Recognition Stopped working for my new Surface 3 Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Facial Recognition Stopped working for my new Surface 3 Laptop: Hello, I got this laptop a few weeks ago and all of a suddon the facial recognition stopped working. I read some forms to stop and restart the biometrics driver but the driver for some reason doesn't exist anymore on my device manager... it looks like it has been deleted....
  9. Hello stopped working

Hello stopped working: My Surface Laptop 2 can not find Microsoft Hello camera for the last few days. I run Surface Diagnostics and it found no problem. I tried uninstalling Hello from device manager as suggested from the microsoft forums but it could not find it when I restart. Now I also cannot...
  10. Windows hello + pin stops working because of my Microsoft Account

Windows hello + pin stops working because of my Microsoft Account: Hello, I have an issue regarding Windows Hello. Every time I set it up on my laptop(XPS 13 9360) after a day or so it stops working and I get a message stating that "Some of your accounts require your attention". I click it and I get to a pop up saying that I need to enable...