Windows 10: Microsoft hello

Discus and support Microsoft hello in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; fingerprint scanner not found message and wont allow removal or setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jm n1, Feb 13, 2021.

1. jm n1 Win User

Microsoft hello

fingerprint scanner not found message and wont allow removal or setup

:)

jm n1, Feb 13, 2021

2. Microsoft Hello

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    2. Do you have access to another administrator account on your computer?
    3. Have you recently updated or upgraded your pc?

I suggest you try to login using the onscreen keyboard and enter your credential carefully and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to use on screen keyboard.

1. Select the Ease of Access
      button in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen.
    2. Select On-Screen Keyboard.

Reply with the information, so that we can help you further.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Microsoft hello

Microsoft Hello

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having difficulties in setting up Windows Hello for your Windows 10 PC on both the Microsoft user account. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the
    answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Which Windows Hello sign in feature are you trying to setup? (PIN/Face/Fingerprint)
    • Do you get any errors message/code when you try to set up Windows Hello?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps on both the Microsoft user account and then check.

1. Sign-in to your Windows 10 Administrator account using password.
    2. Now; open your File Explorer and browse to the location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft
    3. Right click on the NGC folder and select
      Properties from the context menu.
    4. Under the "Security" tab, click on "Advanced" option.
    5. From the following window, next to the Owner section, click on the "change" link.
    6. Under the Enter the object name to select option, input
      Administrators if you are using administrator account, or the local user name.
    7. Click on Check Names and then
      OK
    8. Once you have followed all these steps, you should be able to enter
      NGC folder. Delete all the files from the folder
    9. After removing contents of the NGC folder, add a
      PIN/Face/Fingerprint by following the path: Click on Start Menu > Settings app > Account Settings> Sign-in Options> Add a
      PIN/Face/Fingerprint.

Also, follow these steps to reset the windows Hello on your PC.

1. Press the Win + R keys to open a Run dialog box
    2. Type services.msc and click OK.
    3. Scroll down and select Windows Biometric Service from the left pane.
    4. Right click on it and select Stop from the context menu
    5. Press the Win + E keys to open
      Windows/File Explorer

6. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase
    7. Copy and paste the .DAT files into a new folder on the desktop location
    8. Now delete/rename the .DAT files
    9. Now perform step 1,2 & 3. Then right click on it and select
      Start from the context menu
    10. Restart the PC and add a
      PIN/Face/Fingerprint by following the path: Click on Start Menu > Settings app > Account Settings> Sign-in Options> Add a
      PIN/Face/Fingerprint.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft hello

1. Microsoft hello - Similar Threads - Microsoft hello

2. Hello everyone, I would like to ask some help on how to find the microsoft account that...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hello everyone, I would like to ask some help on how to find the microsoft account that...: Hello everyone, I would like to ask some help on how to find the Microsoft account that saved the digital license OEM of my windows 10 HOME single language. please....
  3. Hello everyone, I would like to ask some help on how to find the microsoft account that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello everyone, I would like to ask some help on how to find the microsoft account that...: Hello everyone, I would like to ask some help on how to find the Microsoft account that saved the digital license OEM of my windows 10 HOME single language. please....
  4. Hello everyone, I would like to ask some help on how to find the microsoft account that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....: Here are these pictures, notification doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-team-notification-is-inactive/f3e087b2-5f7d-4230-a73b-0eaedbd25b15
  6. Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....

Hello, Microsoft Team,.. Notification is inactive because turning on and off got stuck....: Here are these pictures, notification doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-team-notification-is-inactive/f3e087b2-5f7d-4230-a73b-0eaedbd25b15
  7. Hello Microsoft. When I purchased PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie on Christmas, it was the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Microsoft. When I purchased PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie on Christmas, it was the...: Please summarise the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-when-i-purchased-paw-patrol-the/b131a7ce-c843-483c-acee-11deb5538c05
  8. Hello Microsoft. When I purchased PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie on Christmas, it was the...

Hello Microsoft. When I purchased PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie on Christmas, it was the...: Please summarise the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-microsoft-when-i-purchased-paw-patrol-the/b131a7ce-c843-483c-acee-11deb5538c05
  9. Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...: I have a HP Elite X2 1012 G2 and it does have a fingerprint scanner as well as a front and rare facing camera but the Hello sign in option is not available for my device, i see an error message in the Windows Hello sign in option saying my device does not meet the minimum...
  10. Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...

Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...: I have a HP Elite X2 1012 G2 and it does have a fingerprint scanner as well as a front and rare facing camera but the Hello sign in option is not available for my device, i see an error message in the Windows Hello sign in option saying my device does not meet the minimum...