Windows 10: Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.

Discus and support Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop, with Windows 10, is 17 months old and for some reason, was still on v1803 which was installed in July 2018. A couple of months ago, a notice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by theoldfarter, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.

My laptop, with Windows 10, is 17 months old and for some reason, was still on v1803 which was installed in July 2018. A couple of months ago, a notice appeared in Windows Update saying "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1930.The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn't quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you'll see the update available on this page. There's nothing you need to do at this time."

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the message had disappeared. I checked my history and it was showing two failed attempts to install v1903. I run Windows Update often but never was given the option to install v1903. Did some trouble shooting but nothing I did would enable me to install v1903. I phoned Microsoft and they remote accessed in and tried to fix the problem. The person (I will call him 'He') said that he could not find the reason for what was happening and he would need to reinstall Windows. I had taken an Image Backup before phoning them.

When it came to choose one of three install option, which are: 1. Keep personal files, apps and Windows settings. 2. Keep personal files only. 3. Nothing.
    Option (1) was greyed out and could not be chosen. He did option 2.

At the end of it all, I have been left a bit puzzled. I realized today that my documents, music, etc, that I keep on a second internal drive (DMicrosoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts. :) were not showing up when I used Search. Looking at the Indexer, I see that it only listed " Internet Explorer History, Start menu & Users". I know that under "Modify", I can select the D drive and it will index it. That is no problem.The problem is that when I choose, from the Search box options, index/choose which files and folders are indexed, I scroll down and find these accounts are showing (I will try to embed a Screen Snip):

Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts. [​IMG]

C:\Users\adair\
    C:\Users\Administrator\
    C:\Users\Default\
    C:\Users\Trevor

I look in C:\Users and find listed: Administrator, Public & Trevor. Trevor is what I use on this laptop, with Administrator rights. All my files are under that name.
    On two other Window 10 laptops, I find on (1) C:\Users Bren and Public (2) C:\Users adairs and Public.

Under the indexing options of (1), under "choose which files and folders are indexed", is shown C:\Users\bren\
    (2) C:\Users\adairs & Public.

I have no idea what he did to mine, so can I have some advice on what I need to do & how to do it, to get rid of the Users I don't need?

:)

theoldfarter, Oct 7, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Microsoft Sudoku not available to other users

Hi Larry,

Thank you for responding.

As Microsoft account has an issue, I suggest you to run Microsoft account troubleshooter from my previous post and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, the account might have got corrupted.

I suggest you to convert the Microsoft account to local account, and convert newly created local account (with no issues)to Microsoft account to transfer the user content.

Step 1: To convert the Microsoft account to local account, you can do the following:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want to set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Step 2: To convert Local account to Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • On the newly converted Local account (with no issues), click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 3: Once the newly created local account is converted to Microsoft account, you can log-in with this account, try to access
    This PC and copy the contents from the old user account to a newly created user account.

Steps:

• Press Windows + E, click on
      This PC in the left pane.
    • Double click on C: drive (Usually where the operating system is being installed)
    • Double click on Users and older user profile folder.
    • Copy all the content from that user profile to the newly created user profile.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.

Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.

1. Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Help Desk

2. I have too many users and accounts and no storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have too many users and accounts and no storage space: a lot of the storage is consumed by media, but also because my hard drive was duplicated several times. I have my recovery key, can I reset my laptop and start from scratch?Or will recovery key bring all the data and accounts I tried to get rid of?...
  3. I have too many users and accounts and no storage space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have too many users and accounts and no storage space: a lot of the storage is consumed by media, but also because my hard drive was duplicated several times. I have my recovery key, can I reset my laptop and start from scratch?Or will recovery key bring all the data and accounts I tried to get rid of?...
  4. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too many user accounts: one user on my pc why do i need a default account and a public account and a all users accountand a default account and a default users account and then my account. i dont want all this **** on here i dont want an admistrator acount all i want is my account on my pc. i want...
  5. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    too many user accounts: one user on my pc why do i need a default account and a public account and a all users accountand a default account and a default users account and then my account. i dont want all this **** on here i dont want an admistrator acount all i want is my account on my pc. i want...
  6. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. TOO MANY COMPLICATIONS PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TOO MANY COMPLICATIONS PLEASE HELP: The first straw was the taskbar. At first, my Windows button doesn't work and then my search bar also stopped working. It only freezes when I try to access the action center. I also cannot use keyboard shortcuts such as Win+X and Win+I. The next thing I knew, I have no...
  8. Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.: My laptop, with Windows 10, is 17 months old and for some reason, was still on v1803 which was installed in July 2018. A couple of months ago, a notice appeared in Windows Update saying "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1930.The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way....
  9. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    too many user accounts: For some reason, I have files THIS PC, and I have files in DONNAKAY, that opens dgreer2383, then dgreer2383 and then I see other files. I also have a drive that says, Donna. I need to change these all to my computer name of DONNAKAY. This problem is duplicating documents,...
  10. Too many devices in Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Support
    Too many devices in Microsoft Account: I've noticed several posts here in this forum about changing the Microsoft Account password so I took a look at my account and found something strange. The screen shot shows 3 devices, all the same, plus1 one Win device that I have no idea what it is. [img] My...