Windows 10: Microsoft help failing to find my device

Discus and support Microsoft help failing to find my device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I lost my laptop in school it was stolen at night, since i linked it to my outlook account i tried to get its current location through Microsoft help... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by chimukaLweendo, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Microsoft help failing to find my device

I lost my laptop in school it was stolen at night, since i linked it to my outlook account i tried to get its current location through Microsoft help site where i used the find device option when i clicked on find but it couldn't and it said We can’t locate your device right now. Please try back later. What should i do someone to help a lot of my data is there and my parents cannot afford a new one please help!!!!

:)

chimukaLweendo, Nov 15, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 15, 2019
  3. problem needs help Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

A device driver notified the operating system that the device failed. This circumstance can occur if the device hardware fails or if the device driver fails.

• Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How are you connecting the TV to Computer?
    Lets try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel, hit Enter.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box and select
      troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow the On Screen steps and check if it helps.
    Step 2: I suggest you to update the drivers from the device manager
    and check if it helps.

Refer: How to update the drivers from device manager

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 15, 2019
  4. titan5800 Win User

Microsoft help failing to find my device

a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft help failing to find my device

1. Microsoft help failing to find my device - Similar Threads - Microsoft help failing

2. Find My Device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find My Device: My WIN 10 laptop has been stolen. I see that the location is currently unknown and it is OFF and the battery is 0%. First I'd like to know if I have to Refresh MS Edge to get a new reading? And second, a previous try the first time I used the program it gave an address. Are...
  3. Find my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find my device: How accurate is the find my device? My laptop was stolen yesterday and I keep signing in to find my device but it shows a different location in my neighborhood Everytime I sign in. Once it even said it was at a fire department...
  4. Microsoft find my device not accurate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft find my device not accurate: Good dayI lost my Laptop and i,m using Microsoft find my device to track and I'm able to find it the problem is not accurate please assist. See the picture attached...
  5. Microsoft find my device not accurate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft find my device not accurate: Good dayI lost my Laptop and i,m using Microsoft find my device to track and I'm able to find it the problem is not accurate please assist. See the picture attached...
  6. Microsoft find my device not accurate

7. Find my device

Find my device: I need to find my laptop it was stolen. I tried the find devixe. What am i doing wrong,? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-device/388c717b-db7d-45de-b519-f083b3297a3a
  8. Windows 10 find my device help!?!

Windows 10 find my device help!?!: Does the "find my device" feature immediately locate lost computer when connected to the internet via wifi or ethernet? I'm tring to locate my lost laptop but the last known location is at my home. I left my laptop bag at a bus stop so in know it's not home....
  9. Unable to find my device in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to find my device in Microsoft Store: I've been trying to download apps onto my computer but when I click on the "Install On My Device" button, my pc doesn't show, though when I go to the website and my devices it does....
  10. Find my device

Find my device: Hi I have misplaced my laptop a while back, when I went into the Find My Device it showed a map and a date ie 8/9/2019. Which indicated that the device is in my home. I cannot find it. Does this date indicate that it was definitely in the location shown on that particular...