Windows 10: Microsoft Helping customers shift to a modern desktop

Discus and support Microsoft Helping customers shift to a modern desktop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; IT is complex. And that means it can be difficult to keep up with the day-to-day demands of your organization, let alone deliver technological... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft Helping customers shift to a modern desktop

Source: Helping customers shift to a modern desktop - Microsoft 365 Blog

:)

Brink, Sep 6, 2018

2. Shift, CRTL keys no working with Modern Remote Desktop

Due to the complexity of the issue regarding Shift and CTRL keys not working with modern remote desktop, we suggest that you post your concern on our

Technet Forums

Regards.

Loraine Mon, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Shift, CRTL keys no working with Modern Remote Desktop

Ran the most recent update to Windows 10 today, but still can't use the shift key in the modern remote desktop app. Anyone hear anything from Microsoft?

The crickets are telling me Microsoft would prefer we find a different vendor for Remote Desktop solutions???

This morning just for kicks after the update, I tried running fixes 1 and 2 but neither made any difference. Microsoft can pretend this is caused by something else, but sure looks like their own coding failure.

ITDude81620, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Microsoft Helping customers shift to a modern desktop

My Desktop Icons shift to the left edge on a weekly basis

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to get more information regarding the issue that you re facing.

Does that mean that you customize the icons on the desktop and it will auto arrange to the left side of the desktop?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uncheck the option
    Align icons to the Grid
    option. To do so,

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to the Grid option.
    Hope the information helps if the issue still persists, reply with the more information regarding the issue that you are facing. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Helping customers shift to a modern desktop

1. Microsoft Helping customers shift to a modern desktop - Similar Threads - Microsoft Helping customers

2. Why is Microsoft actively avoiding helping customers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft actively avoiding helping customers?: I literally just need help logging my wife into her microsoft account so she can play MINECRAFT. Instead what I'm doing is spending 30 minutes just trying to find something that'll begin to help me. The robot on the phone redirects me to BING, and there are no customer...
  3. Why is Microsoft actively avoiding helping customers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft actively avoiding helping customers?: I literally just need help logging my wife into her microsoft account so she can play MINECRAFT. Instead what I'm doing is spending 30 minutes just trying to find something that'll begin to help me. The robot on the phone redirects me to BING, and there are no customer...
  4. modern desktop administration

in Windows 10 Customization
    modern desktop administration: After configuring a shared folder on the network, you assign NTFS permissions. You assign a user the Allow: Read permission. You then assign the Deny: Write permission to the user and notice that it removed the Allow: Read permission. What causes this?...
  5. Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps

in Windows 10 News
    Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps: Windows 10 is a vastly more open platform than its competitors and you can do almost whatever you want within reason. There are a variety of free, paid and open-source apps that can modernize your Windows experience. To customize Windows 10, you can install themes from the...
  6. The Modern Workplace with Microsoft Managed Desktop: A Sneak Peek

in Windows 10 News
    The Modern Workplace with Microsoft Managed Desktop: A Sneak Peek: Legacy devices. Outdated tools. Apps that freeze or lag. When you’re accustomed to these and other daily inconveniences of workplace computing, it’s hard to visualize what’s achievable with a modern device experience. That’s why we’re excited to post our new Microsoft...
  7. Shift to a modern desktop with Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 News
    Shift to a modern desktop with Microsoft 365: At the outset of 2019, we all have personal goals, but most of us also have professional goals for the year ahead. For those of us in IT, this is a time to think about how you deliver the modern, empowering workplace for your business in a cloud-connected world. With...
  8. Microsoft Modern Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Modern Keyboard: I have purchased this keyboard new. It works correctly when wired to laptop. Fingerprint works correctly when wired in. If its not connected by wire doesn't work. Is fully charged, doesn't show up as a Bluetooth device, have installed latest updates. Laptop is on latest...
  9. Modern design at Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Modern design at Microsoft: Modern design at Microsoft Going beyond flat design by Steve Clayton Read more here and see the concepts behind the designs. Modern Design at Microsoft
  10. Modern Desktop Icons are Blank?

in Windows 10 Support
    Modern Desktop Icons are Blank?: I created desktop icons for the People, Money, News and Weather apps in my user account. These initially appear with the correct icon but when I log off and log in again, the icons are blank. How can I ensure the correct icon is displayed? 34958

Users found this page by searching for:

1. helping customers shift to a modern desktop

2. Helping customer shift to a modern desktop

3. office readiness toolkit vs. desktop analytics

4. helping customers shift