Windows 10: Microsoft Hides Windows 10 Upgrade Banners in Browser Security Patch

Discus and support Microsoft Hides Windows 10 Upgrade Banners in Browser Security Patch in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; To me, this is the lowest of lows! I was concerned MS might tamper with my auto-update settings or something like that but to package superfluous,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Mar 9, 2016.

1. gator2013 Win User

Microsoft Hides Windows 10 Upgrade Banners in Browser Security Patch

To me, this is the lowest of lows!

I was concerned MS might tamper with my auto-update settings or something like that but to package superfluous, self-serving BS into something as important as a Security Patch is way beyond crossing the line but is a serious and flagrant violation of trust. It doesn't matter if this one happens to be W-10 related, that's not the point, it's how they did it is what is seriously flawed.

gator2013, Mar 9, 2016
  2. meebers Win User

Has anybody uninstalled KB 3139929 without a disaster?

meebers, Mar 10, 2016
  3. WHS
    whs Win User
    Hmm, I guess I was lucky. I chose to stay on IE9 because IE11 destroyed my desktop gadgets. Now there is peace in my box.

Thema:

Microsoft Hides Windows 10 Upgrade Banners in Browser Security Patch

1. Microsoft Hides Windows 10 Upgrade Banners in Browser Security Patch - Similar Threads - Microsoft Hides Upgrade

2. Disable or Hide Phone Link Banner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable or Hide Phone Link Banner: Windows 11 Pro.I have disabled the phone link notifications in Windows and have turned offnotification banners on my pcmy notificatiosn in the phone link feature feedshow badge on task barBut the banner still pops up and stays overlayed over all other apps.Please expain how...
  3. Disable or Hide Phone Link Banner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable or Hide Phone Link Banner: Windows 11 Pro.I have disabled the phone link notifications in Windows and have turned offnotification banners on my pcmy notificatiosn in the phone link feature feedshow badge on task barBut the banner still pops up and stays overlayed over all other apps.Please expain how...
  4. Phone Link - Hide call banner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link - Hide call banner: Hi,How do I make the ongoing-call banner disappear? The fact it forces itself over everything is very annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-hide-call-banner/5762ed30-e117-4646-8b39-69e8abb87514
  5. Phone Link - Hide call banner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link - Hide call banner: Hi,How do I make the ongoing-call banner disappear? The fact it forces itself over everything is very annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-hide-call-banner/5762ed30-e117-4646-8b39-69e8abb87514
  6. Security Patch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Patch: Hi All, How to download the KB4049411 and KB4033631 in Microsoft catalog? If we select "Check for Update" , these two patches are showing , but in Microsoft catalog mentioned KB's are not shown....
  7. Windows 10 Security Patches Continuity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Security Patches Continuity: Hello, In my company, we are using windows OS for industrial systems. These systems are isolated systems and not connected to the internet. To ensure that all cybersecurity risks are mitigated, we try to ensure that the latest security windows patches are always installed...
  8. Banners from Microsoft on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Banners from Microsoft on Windows 10: Everytime I try to get on my browser I get these annoying banners that pop out in the middle of the right hand side of the screen that tells me how to record something or how to broadcast something. Ive turned off every notification possible yet they still appear. The...
  9. Hide Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10: How to: Hide Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10 Hide or Show Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Security, which contains Windows Defender Antivirus. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Defender...
  10. Hide App and Browser Control in Windows Security in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide App and Browser Control in Windows Security in Windows 10: How to: Hide App and Browser Control in Windows Security in Windows 10 Hide or Show App and Browser Control in Windows Security in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Security, which contains Windows Defender Antivirus. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows...