Windows 10: Microsoft High Definition Audio Device Driver Abruptly Stopped Working

Discus and support Microsoft High Definition Audio Device Driver Abruptly Stopped Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had switched to the Microsoft driver, because the original Realtek audio driver had a lag in starting sounds. The Microsoft driver worked very well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AaronMorris1, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Microsoft High Definition Audio Device Driver Abruptly Stopped Working

I had switched to the Microsoft driver, because the original Realtek audio driver had a lag in starting sounds. The Microsoft driver worked very well for a long time, but, this week, abruptly stopped working altogether. I have the Realtek driver installed again, and am getting sound through the line out to my external speakers just fine, so it is not a hardware issue. I have gone back and forth several times, and, each time, the Realtek works albeit, with its characteristic lag and the Microsoft drive makes no sound at all. Please advise.

:)

AaronMorris1, Jun 23, 2020

2. NOT WORKING-Realtek audio drivers and Microsoft High Definition device

I've seen some videos which just tell you to update Realtek HD driver to the Microsoft driver. Sometimes it works for a while then it stops working. I just go into Device Manager>Sound, video and game controllers> Realtek High Definition audio (right click)>
    Update driver software> Browse from my computer> Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer> High Definition audio device. It should update.

JaccaGames, Jun 23, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

Hi Davide

The High Definition Audio drivers are built into Windows already

Right click that device in Device Manager, choose 'Update Driver

Then choose 'Browse my computer for Driver Software' - 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers'

If you do not see the default High Definition Audio device, untick 'Show Compatible Hardware'

On the left, select Microsoft, then on the right scroll down to find 'High Definition Audio Device Version 10.0. . . . .

DaveM121, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microsoft High Definition Audio Device Driver Abruptly Stopped Working

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft High Definition Audio Device Driver Abruptly Stopped Working

1. Microsoft High Definition Audio Device Driver Abruptly Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Microsoft High Definition

2. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: I don't find any drivers for audio, I can't listen to music or talk with someone because I can't hear anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-definition-audio-device-drivers-missing/60f28e63-007b-46b3-a57e-c23302fde0c0
  3. High Definition Audio Device Driver / APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Definition Audio Device Driver / APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop, and I am very unhappy with the stock sound driver it comes with. There is absolutely no bass at all. Upon doing some research online I don't know much about computers, I discovered I could update the stock driver Realtek High Definition...
  4. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: Hi, Fresh Win 10 install ..... Win 7 ran great for years ...... sigh Had the PC happy and I could hear the bastard even ! Tossed in a new video card with a bloody HDMI port on this new Win10 install today it and now the damm PC thinks the sound output is the freaken TV...
  5. High definition audio devices not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High definition audio devices not working.: I was listening to YouTube on my desktop and I decided that I was gonna plug the speakers instead of the headphones. I pulled out the pc to swap audio Jack and when I was putting it back it restarted, idk I thought the power cable must have temporarily disconnected. It turned...
  6. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: Hello, I need help regarding of my laptop the High Definition Audio Device driver is missing. I don't know what is the reason. Please help where i could download them?...
  7. Microsoft High Definition Audio Device

Microsoft High Definition Audio Device: Hello guys! I hope someone can help me here. Here's my problem, my only one hard disk in PC was damaged so I bought new hard disk and did the clean install of Windows. Everything is fine since every software in my pc were updated automatically but the audio isn't working...
  8. high definition audio device not working

high definition audio device not working: I am using an Acer TC-865-UR15 with Windows 10. I have it plugged up to my tv via HDMI and the the computers says that there is no speakers or headphones plugged in. It was working fine earlier. When I tried to update the driver, it says that the best drivers are already...
  9. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: Hello, I need the High Definition Audio Device driver. it is actually missing on my computer. Do you know where I could download them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-definition-audio-device-drivers-missing/f2fd578b-62fb-4168-9f9d-69dc3a2312d9
  10. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: Hello, I need the High Definition Audio Device driver . it is actually missing in my computer. Do you know where i Could download them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-definition-audio-device-drivers-missing/9caf8676-741a-4235-b4bf-3ed8a8b12ee5