Windows 10: Microsoft Hijacks Necurs Botnet that Infected 9 Million PCs Worldwide

Discus and support Microsoft Hijacks Necurs Botnet that Infected 9 Million PCs Worldwide in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft today announced that it has successfully disrupted the botnet network of the Necurs malware, which has infected more than 9 million computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft Hijacks Necurs Botnet that Infected 9 Million PCs Worldwide

Also:
    https://blogs.microsoft.com/on-the-i...crime-disrupt/

:)

Brink, Mar 10, 2020
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Mar 10, 2020
  3. My PC infected with browser hijacker

Hi Poseto,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

a. Does the issue occur in Internet Explorer as well?

b. Have you tried reproducing the issue right after resetting the PC prior installing any other application?

c. Are you able to work with 'smarturl.it' tab?

The issue seems to be arising due to browser hijacking. Browser hijacking is a type of online fraud. Scammers use malicious software to take control of your computer's Internet browser and change how and what it displays when you're surfing the web.

Fix your hijacked web browser

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend
    that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

I would suggest you to run a virus scan and check if the issue persists.

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Microsoft Hijacks Necurs Botnet that Infected 9 Million PCs Worldwide

MS Leads Shut Down Of Rustock--MAJOR Spam Botnet

Interesting tale and very good news.

Source

Wrigleyvillain, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Hijacks Necurs Botnet that Infected 9 Million PCs Worldwide - Similar Threads - Microsoft Hijacks Necurs

2. Botnet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Botnet: HiA computer with Windows 10 that had not been on my network prior, had nod32 antivirus installed but some of the features were turned off like the firewall and the botnet services. As soon as I turned them on I got a message from Nod32 blocking an event that was a TCP port...
  3. Botnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Botnet: HiA computer with Windows 10 that had not been on my network prior, had nod32 antivirus installed but some of the features were turned off like the firewall and the botnet services. As soon as I turned them on I got a message from Nod32 blocking an event that was a TCP port...
  4. Botnet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Savety Scanner says first 9 infected files and ends with no infected files.

Microsoft Savety Scanner says first 9 infected files and ends with no infected files.: While scanning Microsoft Savety Scanner says first 9 infected files and ends with no infected files. How cab this be? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-savety-scanner-says-first-9-infected/8be34950-b609-4863-9239-46b1734cd347
  6. IoT botnet infects 100,000 routers to send spam

in Windows 10 News
    IoT botnet infects 100,000 routers to send spam: A new botnet made up of roughly 100,000 home routers has silently grown over the past two months. According to current evidence, the botnet's operators appear to use the infected routers to connect to webmail services and are most likely sending out massive email spam...
  7. April 2018 update now installed on 84.2% PCs worldwide

in Windows 10 News
    April 2018 update now installed on 84.2% PCs worldwide: Microsoft released the Windows 10 April 2018 update to all users on 30th April 2018. The update was released in stages as has always been the case with major updates. According to new report the latest version of Windows 10 April 2018 update is now installed on 84.2% of PCs...
  8. Botnet

Botnet: good read: [img] 37882
  9. 600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10: Windows 10 is still in development at Microsoft, but Redmond’s partners claim that interest in new PCs has increased lately, especially after the software giant released the very first Windows 10 Technical Preview for testers. What’s more, millions of PCs are waiting right...
  10. Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs: Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 adoption figures revealed that its new operating system was installed on 110 million PCs in October, but these numbers have obviously improved since then, as more people have upgraded their computers.' Read more:...