Windows 10: Microsoft hints about massive improvements to Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft hints about massive improvements to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; According to a job listing, Microsoft could be working on several improvements for Windows 10’s existing features including Windows Indexer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 2, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft hints about massive improvements to Windows 10

According to a job listing, Microsoft could be working on several improvements for Windows 10’s existing features including Windows Indexer, notification system, localization, and more.

There’s an interesting job posting published on Microsoft’s career portal that we spotted earlier today. Microsoft is seeking a Software Engineering Manager for its Application connectivity team to improve existing features on Windows 10 and also prepare them for Windows 10X.

The posting makes specific mention of a new term ‘dial-tone’ reliability, described as the new objective for Microsoft’s notification system. In the job post, Microsoft promises to make Windows 10 notification system more reliable to deliver notifications on time from both first-party and third-party apps.

In addition to a new notification system, Microsoft is also working on an improved version of Windows Indexer, which powers Windows Search and File Explorer.

Users have reported that the Windows Indexer process can cause high load situations on some machines, especially when search indexing runs. According to this new leak, Microsoft is finally making changes to Windows Indexer that would allow users to ‘rapidly find their files and information’.

Support for cloud-clipboard and application sharing across Windows and Microsoft devices is also being improved.

“COSINE is responsible for several critical components that enable sharing and connectivity for all Windows applications including clipboard and sharing; localization and indexer; and notifications. We are now recruiting for a Development Manager who will take the team to the next level,” Microsoft noted.

It’s unclear when these changes will be shipped to Windows 10, but Microsoft says it plans to work on these features ‘as needed’ to support next major releases of the OS.

The next major update is Windows 10 May 2020 Update, also known as 20H1 update, but as that is due to arrive in May 2020, it’s very unlikely that new indexer and notification system will appear in this.

As Microsoft is still looking for engineers to advance the work on this project, we’ll have to wait longer.

The post Microsoft hints about massive improvements to Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 2, 2020

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft hints about massive improvements to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft hints massive

2. Microsoft 10 running massively slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 10 running massively slow: Cutting a long story short. I brought a new laptop, noticed windows was lagging and got online support for the laptop. They're fixing it as we speak. I'm trying to use my main computer gaming one and it's the same problem... .refuses to download anything..refuses updates....
  3. Microsoft 10 running massively slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 10 running massively slow: Cutting a long story short. I brought a new laptop, noticed windows was lagging and got online support for the laptop. They're fixing it as we speak. I'm trying to use my main computer gaming one and it's the same problem... .refuses to download anything..refuses updates....
  4. Microsoft 10 running massively slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft hints at modernizing legacy areas of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft hints at modernizing legacy areas of Windows 10: Microsoft is in the process of finalizing the Windows Sun Valley, otherwise known as “next of generation of Windows”, ahead of its announcement on June 24. As part of that, there were a number of small design tweaks like rounded corners in the preview builds, but it looks...
  6. Microsoft hints at exciting future of Windows 10 and Surface

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft hints at exciting future of Windows 10 and Surface: Rumour has it that Microsoft has cancelled Windows 10X to focus on the Sun Valley update for the desktop operating system. During or after the Build 2021 developer conference, Microsoft will reportedly announce ‘the new Windows’, which is likely to be the Sun Valley update...
  7. Setting a password hint for Windows 10 with a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting a password hint for Windows 10 with a microsoft account: How do I set a password hint for an administrator microsoft account on windows 10? I've tried everything but windows seems to have removed password hints and i want to set one for my computer....
  8. Windows 10 leak hints at removal of old Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 leak hints at removal of old Microsoft Edge: Windows 10 version 20H2 or newer install new Microsoft Edge onto user desktops – whether they want it or not. However, the legacy or old Microsoft Edge is still included in the operating system, which means Windows 10 comes with three different pre-installed browsers –...
  9. `Hints and ???

in Windows 10 Support
    `Hints and ???: What do you call those little pictures that popup when you rollover the taskbar icons? And how can you turn them off. I did it once but forgot how. Don Cole 126941
  10. Windows 10 Password Hint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Password Hint: How do I reset windows 10 using the password hint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-password-hint/74ceec42-e0ba-4902-9577-a5ceabdbad6f