Windows 10: Microsoft hints that Windows 10 will get more new animations

Discus and support Microsoft hints that Windows 10 will get more new animations in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 Sun Valley Update (version 21H2) is expected to introduce new visual improvements for the operating system, which includes new Fluent Design... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 19, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft hints that Windows 10 will get more new animations

Windows 10 Sun Valley Update (version 21H2) is expected to introduce new visual improvements for the operating system, which includes new Fluent Design tweaks and there’ll be some other visual updates as well, such as improved animations.

In Windows 10 21H2 preview builds, Microsoft has replaced the classic “zoom” animation that’s been used for quite a while with a new animation.

Microsoft has been regularly pushing preview builds with new features and improvements. As revealed earlier this year, one of the new features in the Windows 10 21H2 update is a new animation for opening Windows. The new animations occur when you close and open the app windows, such as Run, Command Prompt, Explorer, etc.

In a new post to the Feedback Hub for system-wide animations, Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 10 could get more animations in future.

Microsoft hints that Windows 10 will get more new animations Windows-10-animation.gif

“The feedback [for fluent animation] has been passed along to the team. To start with, in our Dev Channel builds we have updated the animation when launching an application,” Microsoft noted.

Microsoft also noted that they’re looking for feedback from testers and they’ve already enabled some changes and “more are on the way”. “Please let us know if there are any specific areas where you’d be interested in seeing more animations,” Microsoft’s Jennifer Gentlement wrote in the Feedback Hub.

As you may be aware, Windows 10 animations were last updated in 2015 and new animations can be considered a small addition to the operating system, but it adds a bit of polish to the overall experience.

By using the same Fluent Design animations, Microsoft should be able to make the operating system a bit more complete and consumers do love this kind of stuff.

It also appears that the tech giant is planning to use the same animations for both legacy and modern components. For example, if a new animation comes to the Settings app, it will also apply to the Control Panel. This will ensure that users have the same animations everywhere to improve overall UI consistency.

Other cosmetic changes in Windows 10

In addition to new animations, new icons were also added to Windows 10 and most users liked Microsoft’s Fluent Design approach, so it’s likely that new animations (if faster) will garner a positive response from the users.

Microsoft is currently testing refreshed icons for nearly all File Explorer folders, such as Documents, This PC, Pictures, and more.

Editor’s note: This article has been republished to fix errors. Thanks, Disqus user Nuzza Dog.

The post Microsoft hints that Windows 10 will get more new animations appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 19, 2021

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 19, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft hints that Windows 10 will get more new animations - Similar Threads - Microsoft hints more

2. Microsoft doc hints at new gesture experience on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft doc hints at new gesture experience on Windows 11: We know Microsoft is poised to unveil a whole host of Windows features over the next few days. Windows 11 has already leaked online, but there’s more to the show, as suggested by the company’s Twitter handle. According to updated documentation and job listings spotted by us,...
  3. Microsoft hints at modernizing legacy areas of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft hints at modernizing legacy areas of Windows 10: Microsoft is in the process of finalizing the Windows Sun Valley, otherwise known as “next of generation of Windows”, ahead of its announcement on June 24. As part of that, there were a number of small design tweaks like rounded corners in the preview builds, but it looks...
  4. Microsoft hints at exciting future of Windows 10 and Surface

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft hints at exciting future of Windows 10 and Surface: Rumour has it that Microsoft has cancelled Windows 10X to focus on the Sun Valley update for the desktop operating system. During or after the Build 2021 developer conference, Microsoft will reportedly announce ‘the new Windows’, which is likely to be the Sun Valley update...
  5. winrmsrv can't get a hint

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    winrmsrv can't get a hint: So I've been trying to deal with this winrmsrv issue for months now, to no avail. I've tried everything I could find on the internet - after removing the virus with Malwarebytes I cleaned the computer, reset my Chrome account, entirely wiped and reinstalled my computer, and...
  6. Setting a password hint for Windows 10 with a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting a password hint for Windows 10 with a microsoft account: How do I set a password hint for an administrator microsoft account on windows 10? I've tried everything but windows seems to have removed password hints and i want to set one for my computer....
  7. Windows 10 preview update comes with faster app animations and more

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 preview update comes with faster app animations and more: Microsoft is rolling out a new preview build from the next big Windows 10 release branch and it comes with multiple improvements for users. As correctly predicted by our sources, Windows 10 Build 21277 from the RS_PRERELEASE branch is now rolling out to the testers as an...
  8. New Microsoft Store app brings live animated desktop to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Store app brings live animated desktop to Windows 10: Windows 10 includes a wide range of settings to change the appearance of the desktop and apps to make the operating system feel more personal. Currently, you can switch between dark or light theme, and change the color accent for the Start Menu and Taskbar directly from the...
  9. Microsoft hints about massive improvements to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft hints about massive improvements to Windows 10: According to a job listing, Microsoft could be working on several improvements for Windows 10’s existing features including Windows Indexer, notification system, localization, and more. There’s an interesting job posting published on Microsoft’s career portal that we spotted...
  10. Windows 10 Password Hint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Password Hint: How do I reset windows 10 using the password hint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-password-hint/74ceec42-e0ba-4902-9577-a5ceabdbad6f