Windows 10: Microsoft HTML Help Executable HIDPI bug

Discus and support Microsoft HTML Help Executable HIDPI bug in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Microsoft HTML Help Executable In the HIDPI environment, the size of the font, as well as the size of the picture is confusing. the origin... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by 睿袁, Sep 19, 2019.

1. 睿袁 Win User

Microsoft HTML Help Executable HIDPI bug

Microsoft HTML Help Executable

In the HIDPI environment, the size of the font, as well as the size of the picture is confusing.

the origin manifest:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<!-- Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation -->

<assembly

xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"

xmlns:asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3"

manifestVersion="1.0"

>

<assemblyIdentity

version="5.1.0.0"

processorArchitecture="amd64"

name="Microsoft.Windows.Help.HH"

type="win32"

/>

<description>Microsoft HTML Help Executable</description>

<trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">

<security>

<requestedPrivileges>

<requestedExecutionLevel

level="asInvoker"

uiAccess="false"

/>

</requestedPrivileges>

</security>

</trustInfo>

<asmv3:application>

<asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">

<dpiAware>true</dpiAware>

</asmv3:windowsSettings>

</asmv3:application>

</assembly>

wrong:

<asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">

<dpiAware>true</dpiAware>

should be:

<asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2017/WindowsSettings">

<gdiScaling>true</gdiScaling>

<dpiAware xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">true/pm</dpiAware>

<dpiAwareness xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2016/WindowsSettings">PerMonitorV2</dpiAwareness>

:)

睿袁, Sep 19, 2019
  2. scopio Win User

How to get back missing Microsoft HTML Help Executables?

My brother was trying to open the Help file in Hard Drive Sentinel with the ? icon but it asks which app you want to open this file with?
    Looking at his Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Choose default application by file type for .chm files the Microsoft HTML Help Executables icon does not show, it asks to go to Store to install an app to open the file with!
    How can Microsoft HTML Help Executables be restored?

Microsoft HTML Help Executable HIDPI bug [​IMG]

scopio, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Microsoft HTML Help and Windows 10

Hi Vincent,

Microsoft HTML Help Technology version 1.4 is only supported in older versions of Windows. You would have to use a device running on Windows 7 and older. You can use this
    link as a reference for the
    Microsoft HTML Help system requirements.

In the meantime, we recommend posting your suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us to continually improve your experience with our product. To submit a feedback, follow these steps:

• Type Feedback Hub in Cortana Search.
    • Press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant.
    • Choose the appropriate Category and Subcategory.
    • Hit Submit.

If you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Kristine Arp, Sep 19, 2019
  4. scopio Win User

How to get back missing Microsoft HTML Help Executables?

Thanks dalchina and Bree for your quick responses once more.

I have now been informed by my brother that dalchina's instructions to merge the chm registry key has worked and the Microsoft HTML Help Executable icon now appears in Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Choose application by file types and all is working fine.

Once more thanks for your help. *Wink

scopio, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft HTML Help Executable HIDPI bug - Similar Threads - Microsoft HTML Help

2. Why isn't the html email bug fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't the html email bug fixed?: Once again, I got an email in my Windows email app aol from one of my doctors and couldn't read the email because it was in html. This is an ongoing bug that does NOT get fixed. WHY?...
  3. Why isn't the html email bug fixed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't the html email bug fixed?: Once again, I got an email in my Windows email app aol from one of my doctors and couldn't read the email because it was in html. This is an ongoing bug that does NOT get fixed. WHY?...
  4. Email app html bug still NOT FIXED

Email app html bug still NOT FIXED: WHY? It's been months. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-app-html-bug-still-not-fixed/2364e1ce-f7d0-47b6-b4d6-96513959cee7
  5. HiDpi Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    HiDpi Problem: You see i have a hi dpi device 1920x1080 and if i set my scaling to 100% then restart my laptop then all the icon disappear but i want to set my scale to 100% help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidpi-problem/f887aea5-12a5-4dc3-92c0-5cb4a471cc1c
  6. Save executed scripts/ HTML code in browser?

Save executed scripts/ HTML code in browser?: How can I automatically save scripts executed in the browser or the whole HTML code. When I click on an IP-Logger link it gets information like screen size or user-agent through all the scripts but the page is only shown for a short time and I am of course redirected to the...
  7. No Clue Where to Post this -- WTForums HTML (?) bug

in Windows 10 Support
    No Clue Where to Post this -- WTForums HTML (?) bug: I was inside a thread and witnessed something strange inside Firefox. User MeandMyComputer's name refuses to self-quarantine. (See how it's sneaking out?) [img] I use a dark theme if FF so don't sweat that. The new Edge and Chrome both do this -- [img] -- which is...
  8. is it possible for a .HTML file to execute itself?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it possible for a .HTML file to execute itself?: I was downloading a mod for a game and upon clicking download I clicked on the wrong link (yeah silly me), it downloaded some sort of .HTML file but Windows Defender instantly removed it. Is there a possible chance I just got infected? submitted by /u/Lauty_6 [link]...
  9. How to get back missing Microsoft HTML Help Executables?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get back missing Microsoft HTML Help Executables?: My brother was trying to open the Help file in Hard Drive Sentinel with the ? icon but it asks which app you want to open this file with? Looking at his Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Choose default application by file type for .chm files the Microsoft HTML Help Executables...
  10. HiDPI Displays

in Windows 10 Support
    HiDPI Displays: So, I've been on Windows 10 for all of two days now. I've tried out a few of the programs that were driving me nuts in Windows 7/8 when it comes to HiDPI scaling on apps not "designed" with HiDPI in mind. Turns out Windows 10 is no different. Is this a joke? Did Microsoft not...