Windows 10: microsoft ID

Discus and support microsoft ID in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My son entered the wrong email when setting up his id (missing a character) for Windows so now when we try to reset the password it doesn't work since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StevenJosephA, Dec 25, 2018.

1. microsoft ID

My son entered the wrong email when setting up his id (missing a character) for Windows so now when we try to reset the password it doesn't work since it's an invalid email. we did not enter a phone # in the profile either. How do we re-set the ID?

:)

StevenJosephA, Dec 25, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Jan Del Win User

microsoft ID

how do I get machine id for activation purposes?

Hi Fred,

Machine ID also known as Product ID is being used to identify the device. We suggest following the steps below to get the product ID of your device:

• Type about your PC on the search box.
    • Look for the Product ID.

microsoft ID 8259dd73-5f2e-40f9-8ef6-adf8e1d34a66.png

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

microsoft ID

1. microsoft ID - Similar Threads - microsoft

2. microsoft converter HEVC to H265.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft converter HEVC to H265.: Hi, I am very new to torrenting so forgive my ignorance. I search for a particular title but often only HEVC format is available. I have downloaded the movies with Qbittorrent and VLC. I load the movies onto my USB and connect it to my tv. Up comes a message that HEVC format...
  3. microsoft converter HEVC to H265.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft converter HEVC to H265.: Hi, I am very new to torrenting so forgive my ignorance. I search for a particular title but often only HEVC format is available. I have downloaded the movies with Qbittorrent and VLC. I load the movies onto my USB and connect it to my tv. Up comes a message that HEVC format...
  4. Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account: Hi there, about a month ago, I recently installed Windows 11 Because it crashed During the setup process, Microsoft didn’t give me an option to sign in, So I thought it was some technical glitch but when I set it up, I went into settings, and tried to sign in with my school...
  5. Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account

Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account: Hi there, about a month ago, I recently installed Windows 11 Because it crashed During the setup process, Microsoft didn’t give me an option to sign in, So I thought it was some technical glitch but when I set it up, I went into settings, and tried to sign in with my school...
  6. How to change incorrect classification of PaladinVPN by Microsoft Defender? How to contact...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change incorrect classification of PaladinVPN by Microsoft Defender? How to contact...: We are writing to bring to your attention a matter regarding the classification of PaladinVPN by Microsoft Defender. We have noticed that PaladinVPN has been classified in a manner that we believe to be incorrect.The details of this classification can be found in the post on...
  7. How to change incorrect classification of PaladinVPN by Microsoft Defender? How to contact...

How to change incorrect classification of PaladinVPN by Microsoft Defender? How to contact...: We are writing to bring to your attention a matter regarding the classification of PaladinVPN by Microsoft Defender. We have noticed that PaladinVPN has been classified in a manner that we believe to be incorrect.The details of this classification can be found in the post on...
  8. Problems with Microsoft One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Microsoft One Drive: I have documents in One Drive uner Microsoft that I am unable to access. When asked fto Sign in it won't zccet the gmail and password, yet it is the same infi I used to sign in here to contzct support. It was accepted then with no problem. What is going on. I have documents...
  9. Problems with Microsoft One Drive

Problems with Microsoft One Drive: I have documents in One Drive uner Microsoft that I am unable to access. When asked fto Sign in it won't zccet the gmail and password, yet it is the same infi I used to sign in here to contzct support. It was accepted then with no problem. What is going on. I have documents...
  10. Fallout 76 Game from Microsoft Store Download Failure

Fallout 76 Game from Microsoft Store Download Failure: I received a product code from Amazon Prime for the Fallout 76 game in the Microsoft Store. I went to the Microsoft Store and redeemed the code to purchase the game for $0.00. I then clicked on Download and nothing happened. I clicked repeatedly, and nothing happened. I have...