Windows 10: Microsoft IME High CPU After Installing September KB4516058

Discus and support Microsoft IME High CPU After Installing September KB4516058 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, After installing KB4516058 update on my Windows 10 Home 1803, I get high CPU on Microsoft IME and my language input stops working. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by masenshi, Sep 11, 2019.

1. masenshi Win User

Microsoft IME High CPU After Installing September KB4516058

Hi all,

After installing KB4516058 update on my Windows 10 Home 1803, I get high CPU on Microsoft IME and my language input stops working. I have Chinese input characters installed and it doesn't work anymore.

I've already tried this method (https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/com...?context=10000), but it doesn't solve the problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

masenshi, Sep 11, 2019
  2. ahpla Win User

Microsoft IME keep runing at very high CPU.

This problem has been there since late September (Microsoft IME High CPU Use After 2016-09-29 Update) but Microsoft doesn't seem to care
    though.

As you said, the workaround so far is to kill them using Task Manager, nothing would break but yes it's extremely annoying.

ahpla, Sep 11, 2019
  3. eric Win User
  4. llinfeng Win User

High CPU usage due to Microsoft IME (Chinese)

I am running Windows 10 Professional on a 3-year old Thinkpad laptop, and the process named as Microsoft IME has been constantly consuming around 30% of my CPU. After looking up what IME means, it seems it is referring to the Input Method Editor. This process is running with high CPU consumption at all times, even when I am not using the Chinese input methods.

Microsoft IME High CPU After Installing September KB4516058 JGCxa.png

Is the IME related to input methods? To avoid this constant energy and CPU consumption, should I uninstall the Chinese input method? The input methods I have installed are as follows:

Microsoft IME High CPU After Installing September KB4516058 TRt6W.png

llinfeng, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft IME High CPU After Installing September KB4516058 - Similar Threads - Microsoft IME High

2. Another Windows 10 bug causes high CPU usage and breaks IME

in Windows 10 News
    Another Windows 10 bug causes high CPU usage and breaks IME: Windows 10 KB4515384, which was released to everyone on September 10 with security fixes and quality improvements, has been plagued by yet another bug. KB4515384 comprises of security fixes and a fix for a Cortana bug causing high CPU usage on some systems, but users have...
  3. Disable Microsoft IME?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Microsoft IME?: I use two system languages and keyboard layouts: German (QWERTZ) and Japanese (Google IME). Since the last update hit yesterday, a third keyboard layout was added without my consent: Japanese (Microsoft IME). I do not want this, because it makes it more tedious to switch...
  4. High CPU usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage.: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.239) How to fix high CPU usage. When I run any program the CPU usage will be above 80%. When I checked it I found some processes which are using high CPU usage. Desktop Windows Manager -> 10.8% Windows Audio Device...
  5. After System restore high cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After System restore high cpu usage: So I recently used the "Reset this pc" option to give my pc a clean start, and to wipe the hard drives, however now whenever I try to use Microsoft edge or play games, the cpu usage is constantly at 99-100%. However I didn't have this issue prior to the reset....
  6. Black Screen after high CPU temperature

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen after high CPU temperature: Today When I booted to windows 10, After some minutes, Suddenly Mouse & keyboard stopped working. I restrated the PC with reset button & went to the BIOS & checked the monitoring section. There I saw that temperature of CPU is too high (more than 80c) & after some seconds,...
  7. Black Screen after high CPU temperature

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after high CPU temperature: Today When I booted to windows 10, After some minutes, Suddenly Mouse & keyboard stopped working. I restrated the PC with reset button & went to the BIOS & checked the monitoring section. There I saw that temperature of CPU is too high (more than 80c) & after some seconds,...
  8. high cpu when Skype is installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    high cpu when Skype is installed: Windows audio device graph isolation (WADGI) process by itself uses 25-30% of my Core i7/8th gen CPUwhen Skype is installed on my PC. When WADGI is used by any other Audio programs it uses less than 1%; the problem arises when I install Skype either the Windows Store App or...
  9. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: Hi All, Running Windows 10 Pro x64 Just noticed a lot of lag on my online game when I was logging into it. I closed it and noticed my computer was slow responding. I opened Task Manager to see CPU was 90% I looked to see what was causing this and did notice the Service...
  10. High CPU Usage

High CPU Usage: Hi. I have a problem with my laptop since yesterday. Something invisible is using very high cpu usage. I said invisible because it didn't show in task manager and process explorer. It all comes when I was browsing some pictures in Google and downloading YouTube videos...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4516058

2. kb4516058 not installing

3. microsoft ime high cpu

4. high memory usage microsoft ime 2019,
  5. windows10 kb4516058