Windows 10: Microsoft IME not working

Discus and support Microsoft IME not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently i just installed Microsoft IME and i cannot switch inputs successfully. whenever I switch inputs it says "Japanese IME is not ready yet. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Santiago Ybarra, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Microsoft IME not working

Recently i just installed Microsoft IME and i cannot switch inputs successfully. whenever I switch inputs it says "Japanese IME is not ready yet. Any idea on how to solve this?

:)

Santiago Ybarra, Nov 22, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Microsoft IME not working

Japanese IME

Hi Miru,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 that you are using?

You may try the below suggested steps.
    Method 1. Remove the language pack

Step 1. Select the Start button, go to
    Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.

Step 2. Select the preferred language pack > Click on Remove.

Method 2: Re-adding the Language pack

Step 1. Select the Start button, go to
    Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.

Step 2: Click on Add a Language >Select the
    Language (Japanese).

Step 3: Click on Set as default.
    The default language will be the first language in your language list.

Step 4: If you click on Options button, you will see the following panel open up. Here you can download
    Language packs and add Keyboards and check the working of Japanese IME.

Method 3: Restore from a System restore point

You may refer the section
    Restore from a System restore point

if the method 1 fails.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft IME not working

1. Microsoft IME not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft IME working

2. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME not working?: Hello.I installed a Japanese language pack on my computer. However, upon attempting to switch keyboards to Japanese, the language bar on my taskbar immediately disappears. If set to English, it says EN as normal. All of the normal keyboard shortcuts Windows+Space, alt-shift,...
  3. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME not working?: Hello.I installed a Japanese language pack on my computer. However, upon attempting to switch keyboards to Japanese, the language bar on my taskbar immediately disappears. If set to English, it says EN as normal. All of the normal keyboard shortcuts Windows+Space, alt-shift,...
  4. Japanese IME not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Japanese Microsoft IME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese Microsoft IME: 5MicrosoftIME !Translated to English -As a 5th grader who can't really understand English that good I need some help please. I want to change it to Japanese. I tried downloading the Japanese Microsoft IME and switched to it but its still in English is it supposed to be like...
  6. Japanese IME not working.

Japanese IME not working.: When I try to install Japanese IME on my computer I get this error. Could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime-not-working/2b1f02a9-5c48-488b-9b4c-0bc1429aec18
  7. Microsoft IME Kana not working

Microsoft IME Kana not working: I installed the Japanese language pack a few days ago. As part of it, Microsoft IME was installed. However, it won't let me switch input methods, it stays at Half width alphanumeric. Selecting Hiragana or any other input method has no effect. This seems to be a known...
  8. Japanese Microsoft IME keyboard not working properly.

Japanese Microsoft IME keyboard not working properly.: Two days ago, if I switched my keyboard from English to Japanese IME and then changed from romaji to hiragana, if i typed "a" i would get "" which is the correct hiragana. Yesterday, my keyboard began working differently. If i type "a" with the hiragana keyboard enabled, it...
  9. Japanese IME Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Japanese IME Not Working: I use Japanese on and off and have been working in the past. At some point it stopped working. When switch to Japanese, the 'A' isn't there like it used to be and there is not option to switch to hiragana, kana as it is not there anymore. I have tried all the shortcuts,...
  10. Disable Microsoft IME?

Disable Microsoft IME?: I use two system languages and keyboard layouts: German (QWERTZ) and Japanese (Google IME). Since the last update hit yesterday, a third keyboard layout was added without my consent: Japanese (Microsoft IME). I do not want this, because it makes it more tedious to switch...