Windows 10: Microsoft improperly patches for RSAT: File Services Tools srmclient.dll, srmscan.dll,...

Discus and support Microsoft improperly patches for RSAT: File Services Tools srmclient.dll, srmscan.dll,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There is assembly reference problem when RSAT: File Services Tools is installed and then patched. After patches are applied, System File Checker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TenOf11, Apr 20, 2021.

1. TenOf11 Win User

Microsoft improperly patches for RSAT: File Services Tools srmclient.dll, srmscan.dll,...

There is assembly reference problem when RSAT: File Services Tools is installed and then patched.

After patches are applied, System File Checker SFC.EXE will state 'Windows Resource Protection found integrity violations.' Opening the CBS.log file, the only files that are shown as 'Repairing' are srmclient.dll, srmscan.dll, srmshell.dll, adrclient.dll, srmstormod.dll with their corresponding hashes.

If the SCANNOW parameter is used, System File Checker will repair files but in actuality it just toggles between initial version and patched version. This means that every time the SCANNOW parameter is used the system will restore the "other" version of files. One time, initial, next time patched, next time initial, next time patched and so on. So it never stops repairing these files.

This appears to be a problem with how Microsoft is patching whereas the initial installation uses assembly locations registry and file system prefixed with 'wow64_microsoft-windows-fsrm-common_31bf3856ad364e35' but patches use assembly locations prefixed with 'x86_microsoft-windows-fsrm-common_31bf3856ad364e35'. Something is not correctly updating. just a theory

Use the following code at your own risk but it may be used as a workaround to stop this from happening. Additionally, this code may need to be executed every time a patch is applied for RSAT: File Services Tools, until Microsoft corrects the root cause.

$Path = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners"

$x86Reg = Get-ItemProperty -Path Registry::"$$Path\x86_microsoft-windows-fsrm-common_31bf3856ad364e35_none_1a6139d49a508382\10.0"

$wow64Reg = Get-ItemProperty -Path Registry::"$$Path\wow64_microsoft-windows-fsrm-common_31bf3856ad364e35_none_80d47faa870eb6b3\10.0"

$x86Version = $x86Reg."default"

$wow64Version = $wow64Reg."default"

if $x86Version -eq $wow64Version {

"Versions already match."

return

}

Set-ItemProperty Registry::"$$Path\wow64_microsoft-windows-fsrm-common_31bf3856ad364e35_none_80d47faa870eb6b3\10.0" -Name "Default" -Value $x86Version

Rename-ItemProperty Registry::"$$Path\wow64_microsoft-windows-fsrm-common_31bf3856ad364e35_none_80d47faa870eb6b3\10.0" -Name $wow64Version -NewName $x86Version

:)

TenOf11, Apr 20, 2021

2. msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll in C:\

they are microsoft visual studio files, leave em alone.

eidairaman1, Apr 20, 2021
  3. RPCRT4.dll and WS2_32.dlls are missing

Hi Stuart,

I would like to inform you that most rpcrt4.dll and WS2_32.dll errors are related to missing or corrupt rpcrt4.dll and WS2_32.dll files. Because these are external files, it presents a great opportunity for something undesirable to occur.

Improperly shutting down your PC or getting a virus infection could corrupt the rpcrt4.dll, which could lead to DLL errors. When your rpcrt4.dll file becomes corrupt, it cannot be loaded properly and will present an error message.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Install any available Windows updates. These will replace or update some of the hundreds of Microsoft distributed DLL files on your computer. The rpcrt4.dll and ws2_32.dll files could be included in one of those updates.

Follow the steps below.

1. Click on search bar, type Windows Update.

2. Select Check for Update.

3. Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.

Method 2: I suggest you to run Microsoft safety scanner and check.

To perform Microsoft Safety Scanner please visit the below link:

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Also I suggest you to disable anti-virus program, if installed on your computer and check.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Apr 20, 2021
  4. ShiBDiB Win User

Microsoft improperly patches for RSAT: File Services Tools srmclient.dll, srmscan.dll,...

D3dx9_30.dll Not Found error in Ashes Cricket 2009

Important Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the d3dx9_30.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are a number of different reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.

ShiBDiB, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft improperly patches for RSAT: File Services Tools srmclient.dll, srmscan.dll,... - Similar Threads - Microsoft improperly patches

2. missing DLL and services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing DLL and services: i've been on that for too long i need someone to answer because i just can't find anything about it...i've upgraded the ram of my Desktop PC, making sure that it is compatible with the rest of my setup, and after i installed it, i wanted to test how well to can take vr, which...
  3. missing DLL and services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing DLL and services: i've been on that for too long i need someone to answer because i just can't find anything about it...i've upgraded the ram of my Desktop PC, making sure that it is compatible with the rest of my setup, and after i installed it, i wanted to test how well to can take vr, which...
  4. missing DLL and services

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. .dll files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dll files: pnrpnsp file is either not designed or not working on some websites and when i run the scans the system cannot fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-files/e675a38d-b17b-4629-b3f0-84fdd11e1948
  6. .dll files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .dll files: pnrpnsp file is either not designed or not working on some websites and when i run the scans the system cannot fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-files/e675a38d-b17b-4629-b3f0-84fdd11e1948
  7. .dll files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. DLL File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DLL File: Please Help me with this issue. I'm unable to use the internet but when I ping from cmd I can get access to the internet but when I browse internet is not accessable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-file/fc38dc01-ca1e-4cde-806a-d40d090ab354
  9. DLL file

DLL file: Hi Recently, I found a msdia80.dll file of Sept'05 in my data partition D: drive while windows and other programmes are installed on C: drive. To the best of knowledge and memory, it wasn't there before. When I checked this forum for solution, I found that such a file should...
  10. dll files

dll files: when i try to load a game it says that im missing 2 dll files. One is labeled vcruntime140.dll and the other is labeled msvcp140.dll How do i fix this to where it doesnt say that....