Windows 10: Microsoft increasing transparency and customer control over data

Discus and support Microsoft increasing transparency and customer control over data in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Today we are announcing new steps to give customers increased transparency and control over their data that is used by Microsoft’s major... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 1, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft increasing transparency and customer control over data

Source: Increasing transparency and customer control over data - Microsoft on the Issues

:)

Brink, May 1, 2019

2. Microsoft to Introduce Telemetry Data Viewer for Windows

Remember all that talk and noise regarding Microsoft's "automagical" telemetry data collection, and how that spurred the company to create a "telemetry-less" version of its Windows 10 operating system for the Chinese market? It seems Microsoft is keen to keep giving users more information on exactly what information is gathered and when - slowly but assuredly striving for greater transparency, and looking to garner increased trust from consumers and enterprises alike.

The much awaited capability is being baked in to the next major Windows 10 release, and Microsoft is giving Windows Insiders an early preview of the Windows Diagnostic Data Viewer utility. Adding to this new utility are some changes to the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard that will enable users to see and manage more data associated with their Microsoft accounts. Available to everyone in the Microsoft Store, the Diagnostic Data Viewer is separate from the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard, and "allows you to see, search, and take action with your diagnostic data." It's not clear yet what sort of telemetry features users will be able to stop Microsoft from collecting, if any. However, at least now you'll be able to look at exactly which processes and services are collecting data form your system. The diagnostic data that will be viewable in the new utility follows.

Microsoft increasing transparency and customer control over data yDvisPRlBWJ8AKA6_thm.jpg

• Common Data, like the Operating System's name, the Version, Device ID, Device Class, Diagnostic level selection and so on.
    • Device Connectivity and Configuration such as device properties and capabilities, preferences and settings, peripherals, and device network information.
    • Product and Service Performance data that show device health, performance and reliability data, movie consumption functionality on the device and device file queries. It's important to note that this functionality is not intended to capture user viewing or, listening habits.
    • Product and Service Usage data includes details about the usage of the device, operating system, applications, and services.
    • Software Setup and Inventory such as installed applications and install history, device update information.
    Microsoft Privacy Dashboard
    Updates to the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard include a new Activity History page, which aims to provide a clear and easy to navigate way to see the data that is saved with users' Microsoft accounts. The Microsoft Privacy Dashboard further allows users to manage their data and change what data is collected by adjusting the privacy settings on their devices or browser at any time.

In the coming months, Microsoft will keep the slow roll-out of additional features that will allow users to:
    • View and manage media consumption data, as well as product and service activity on the Activity History page
    • Export for any of the data you see on the dashboard
    • Delete specific items to allow for greater individual control

Raevenlord, May 1, 2019
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 1, 2019
  4. Microsoft increasing transparency and customer control over data

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft increasing transparency and customer control over data

1. Microsoft increasing transparency and customer control over data - Similar Threads - Microsoft increasing transparency

2. Transparent windows over other windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transparent windows over other windows.: I just upgraded my laptop to windows 11 because of the Feb update. I have transparency effects turned off but the problem is still there. I couldn't take a screenshot of it that's why I just took a photo from my phone....
  3. Transparent windows over other windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transparent windows over other windows.: I just upgraded my laptop to windows 11 because of the Feb update. I have transparency effects turned off but the problem is still there. I couldn't take a screenshot of it that's why I just took a photo from my phone....
  4. Window transparent glitch over other window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window transparent glitch over other window: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/saposabio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8eo2y/window_transparent_glitch_over_other_window/
  5. How to add a Transparent Image over Screenshot with Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 News
    How to add a Transparent Image over Screenshot with Microsoft Paint: [ATTACH]Although Microsoft Paint is an old app, its utility in performing various tasks hardly has any match. For example, you can use the app to […] This article How to add a Transparent Image over Screenshot with Microsoft Paint first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  6. Google increasing transparency with advertiser identity verification

in Windows 10 News
    Google increasing transparency with advertiser identity verification: We’re committed to giving our users transparency, choice and control when it comes to the ads they see on our platforms. That’s why we’ve long offered tools like Ad Settings which allows people to control how ads are personalized or even...
  7. Data consumed for update for no increase

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data consumed for update for no increase: My laptop has consumed over 2 GB data. When I checked app wise consumption, this consumption came under the "system" section. My Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 update has been pending and the status has been "Getting things ready - 0%" for over 2 days now. My...
  8. Transparent control bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparent control bar: Hi, how I can make the control bar of every program that i open into a transparent bar like in this photos: [ATTACH]Then: [ATTACH]I have windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparent-control-bar/a7b1f9bc-d6b1-4ffb-baed-eff817fd9d8e
  9. Microsofts Ever Increasing Data Collection

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsofts Ever Increasing Data Collection: Now I know I am probably fairly alone in this, but I truly hate data collection. Without going in to all the reasons why, which is slightly besides the point, I am perplexed by Microsoft's latest change in Windows10. Diagnostics and Feedack used to be configurable to off....
  10. Greater transparency and control over your Google ad experience

in Windows 10 News
    Greater transparency and control over your Google ad experience: Over the years, you’ve told us that transparency and control over your data and ad experience are important. That's why we've built products and tools to help you manage that experience. Back in 2009, we launched Ad Settings, providing you with a single place for your ad...