Windows 10: Microsoft Input Lag (Keyboards Acting Up) - Hell Corner

Discus and support Microsoft Input Lag (Keyboards Acting Up) - Hell Corner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So basically I have came to face the situation once of an acting up keyboard on a laptop that I had it replaced and everything got back to normal and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Microsoft Input Lag (Keyboards Acting Up) - Hell Corner

So basically I have came to face the situation once of an acting up keyboard on a laptop that I had it replaced and everything got back to normal and I called it today , but this post isn't about this clearly brainless case .

Its more about later on as I started having increasing amount of support requests revolving around keyboards , usually the symptoms seemed justifiable , usually the affected keys were directly above the CPU area where it gets all hot like :
    and also keys that are often abused by gamers like :
    But then lets face it the forums had tons of these support requests and usually the first recommendation would be "Replace Keyboard" which is often neglected by poster as they decide to wait on and just buy something new yet however the fiddly ones usually come back with same symptoms different keyboard .

Lately I have faced this issue with a laptop keyboard that I decided to take the fiddly path with and here is what I found out :

- On connecting different/additional USB keyboard the problem may remain indicating this isn't a keyboard issue

- On removing laptop's keyboard and installing a USB one to make sure the keyboard in question isn't affecting input the problem remains

- On Clean Booting selecting Custom Startup removing all utilities and services the problem remains

Now this all may indicate the problem is OS related and not quite hardware .

However here are few interesting facts to put in consideration :

- Turning Game Mode off may surprisingly improve things but not totally fix them

- Turning Game Bar off may surprisingly improve things but not totally fix them

- Despite that such acting up may happen while using just notepad , turning off V-Sync in driver's control panel if enabled might well reduce input lag some

And here are few jaw dropping facts :

- The majority of Game Apps developers acknowledge the existence of such glitches in their forums with no explanation to how that might happen but would recommend that you buy yourself an XBoX controller under claim that these never glitch

- Developers of Gods of Rome app game decided to shift from using the Keyboard into using the Mouse to get over it despite being in the "Beat'm Up" category of games where it won't be long before the new category of games rise , the "Click'm Up" !

- Developers of Need for Speed app game decided to implement what is called Auto Drive where the car actually drives itself with you just picking the suitable route when the road comes to split so to minimize keyboard interaction !

- Developers of Asphalt 9 app game took same root of the developers of Need for Speed making both games more of interactive videos than games !

- Asphalt Xtreme game app had been deemed a disaster and unplayable since its early launch the developers were not able to integrate Auto Drive due to multi platform design of race tracks and disclaimed that if you ever get hit by input lag you may well try to play it using an XBoX controller , the game itself was considered a bad omen for the company and is why they rushed into releasing Asphalt 9 right after the release of Xtreme despite they had Asphalt 8 being their flag ship for almost a decade .

So now to the conclusion ?

- If you are not part of the pool of the affected then you can close this post and call it today .

- If you believe this is drivers issue , if you believe this is a bus issue , if you believe this is a malware issue the community of developers have only one answer for you ...

-= Microsoft wants you to get an XBoX controller , and learn to live with random keyboard behavior =-

Cheers
    *Cool

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 1, 2020
  2. LGV
    LGV Win User

Upper right corner lag.

And the hotfix too, 10.12a over it as well?
    sorry you may did but i no idea, so step by step.

And just make it clear;
    your lag is the mouse arow in the corner/
    if yes;
    do you use samthing on sidebar?
    if yes try to switch off and see...
    just my one cent

3. Keyboard Input Lag

Hello. Ive just recently started having problems with keyboard input lag. Meaning, I will type and it will not register until a full second after I hit the key. I have re-installed java multiple times. Scanned my computer for harmfull virises, programs. Ive switched keyboards, and the problem still occurs. I am at a standstill at what to do and would really appreciate some help. Thank You!

NathanStats, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Microsoft Input Lag (Keyboards Acting Up) - Hell Corner

Problem: One Drive causing keyboard input lag.

Hello MattEmery1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To check with the query, I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Method 1: Check with the keyboard layout.

It seems like an issue with the keyboard layout. I would request you to change the keyboard layout to English US and you will be able to use all the keys normally. For more information, you may refer the article

Add and switch input and display language preferences in Windows 10.

Method 2: Uninstall One Drive.

Delete the One Drive app and check if you are facing the same issue. If the issue persists, it must be with the keyboard else it’s with the One Drive. For more steps, refer

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

If the issue persists with One Drive, the OneDrive is supported by OneDrive in-app support team. Please follow the steps:

• Sign in to OneDrive.com from any web browser.
    • Click on ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support.
    • Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Input Lag (Keyboards Acting Up) - Hell Corner

1. Microsoft Input Lag (Keyboards Acting Up) - Hell Corner - Similar Threads - Microsoft Input Lag

2. keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard input lag: Recently I've noticed that after using my laptop for a while, my keyboard starts lagging, and only a restart can fix it. I've tried updating my keyboard drivers through device manager since it's built in to my laptop, but that didn't help. Laptop is ROG Flow X16 GV601RW,...
  3. keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard input lag: Recently I've noticed that after using my laptop for a while, my keyboard starts lagging, and only a restart can fix it. I've tried updating my keyboard drivers through device manager since it's built in to my laptop, but that didn't help. Laptop is ROG Flow X16 GV601RW,...
  4. Keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input lag: Hello everyone, a week ago my sister gave me her old work laptop that has a QWERTY spanish keyboard. When i factory reseted the laptop, i chose the azerty option because i'm used to it and my external keyboard is a azerty. However i'm facing a big problem as my keyboard input...
  5. Keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input lag: Hello everyone, a week ago my sister gave me her old work laptop that has a QWERTY spanish keyboard. When i factory reseted the laptop, i chose the azerty option because i'm used to it and my external keyboard is a azerty. However i'm facing a big problem as my keyboard input...
  6. Keyboard input lag

7. Input Lag on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Lag on Keyboard: When I first got my laptop, it was fine, but then I COVID and online classes plus discord with my friends and my keyboard suddenly lags when I play games. It doesn't matter whether it is bluetooth or not. It renders many games nearly unplayable so any help is appreciated,...
  8. in game keyboard input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in game keyboard input lag: Hi (not sure I am in the correct category but) my name is Zakaria El Aiassi; I have a problem that every time I play a game (like Roblox, Minecraft, fortnite, etc.) when I press WASD it lags to, either receive or stop 'pressing' when I'm not pressing any button. My game...
  9. Microsoft Store Hell Corner

Microsoft Store Hell Corner: I have 2 laptops running windows 10 version 1709 that managed to develop issues almost the same time : Laptop 1 : Lately managed to hide a lot of store apps icons and tiles from start menu but I can still run them from store itself also leaving at the bottom of start...
  10. Keyboard Input Lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Input Lag: Hello. Ive just recently started having problems with keyboard input lag. Meaning, I will type and it will not register until a full second after I hit the key. I have re-installed java multiple times. Scanned my computer for harmfull virises, programs. Ive switched...