Windows 10: Microsoft Integrated Camera in Lenovo Think Pad L460 will launch but then freezes, will not...

Discus and support Microsoft Integrated Camera in Lenovo Think Pad L460 will launch but then freezes, will not... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Unable to launch or take videos/ photographs with integrated camera. Camera physically launches but just stops working when trying use camera/ video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrianS105, Sep 24, 2020.

1. BrianS105 Win User

Microsoft Integrated Camera in Lenovo Think Pad L460 will launch but then freezes, will not...

Unable to launch or take videos/ photographs with integrated camera. Camera physically launches but just stops working when trying use camera/ video for a meeting or taking photographs. Picture just keeps freezing.

System gives error code 0xA00F425D<VideoCaptureStartFailed> 0x800706BF for video

or

System gives error code 0xA00F4250<PhotoCaptureStartFailed> 0xC00D3EA2 for camera

Also gives following in Device manger section for Integrated Camera

'Device USB\VID_04F2&PID_B541&MI_00\6&30110a48&0&0000 requires further installation.'

Have tried refreshing and updating driver, removing and reinstalling driver and rolling back driver, all to no avail. Run diagnostic scanner shows no faults. Latest driver is installed.

Not sure what else to to do, I'm not a computer 'buff', this seems to be taking hours to resolve.

Any help would be much appreciated. Laptop is circa 2017, hardly been used.

Event Log:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP

Date: 24/09/2020 22:00:59

Event ID: 410

Task Category: None

Level: Information

Keywords:

User: SYSTEM

Computer: LAPTOP-1E7F71JK

Description:

Device USB\VID_04F2&PID_B541&MI_00\6&30110a48&0&0000 was started.

Driver Name: oem17.inf

Class Guid: {ca3e7ab9-b4c3-4ae6-8251-579ef933890f}

Service: usbvideo

Lower Filters: WdmCompanionFilter

Upper Filters:

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}" />

<EventID>410</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-09-24T21:00:59.2749277Z" />

<EventRecordID>550</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="15284" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel>

<Computer>LAPTOP-1E7F71JK</Computer>

<Security UserID=

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">USB\VID_04F2&amp;PID_B541&amp;MI_00\6&amp;30110a48&amp;0&amp;0000</Data>

<Data Name="DriverName">oem17.inf</Data>

<Data Name="ClassGuid">{ca3e7ab9-b4c3-4ae6-8251-579ef933890f}</Data>

<Data Name="ServiceName">usbvideo</Data>

<Data Name="LowerFilters">WdmCompanionFilter</Data>

<Data Name="UpperFilters">

</Data>

<Data Name="Problem">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="Status">0x0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

BrianS105, Sep 24, 2020

2. Problem with Lenovo integrated camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this. This issue may arise due to driver corruption issue. Kindly follow the below given steps to
    troubleshoot the issue:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

You may also update the Camera driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Other devices”.
    • Right click on the “Integrated webcam” drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the Integrated webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 24, 2020
  3. BruceT414 Win User
    Lenovo Think Pad T450S Intel Graphics Driver

I have a Lenovo Think Pad with the intel 5500 graphics driver. Have downloaded latest driver software from Lenovo and Intel and Device Manager still shows incompatibility with Windows 10 so it must be using a generic driver. I cannot connect to any external
    monitor. Any suggestions?

BruceT414, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Microsoft Integrated Camera in Lenovo Think Pad L460 will launch but then freezes, will not...

Integrated Camera does not display color

Hi KBrownUNF, thank you for reaching out to us. My name is Jayson, an Independent Advisor for Microsoft Community and a user just like you. I'll be glad to assist you.

I understand that you have issue with your integrated laptop camera in greyscale. Might I suggest that you check this link, it is having a different issue with yours but the procedure to fix is just the same. I suggest you follow the steps listed.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Also if this is the first time that you are using the webcam, can you check maybe there is a sticker/plastic in front of the camera.

Let me know if this works and I'll be happy to help you to fix this.

JaysonEstimos, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Integrated Camera in Lenovo Think Pad L460 will launch but then freezes, will not...

1. Microsoft Integrated Camera in Lenovo Think Pad L460 will launch but then freezes, will not... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Integrated Camera

2. How to change language settings in lenovo think pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change language settings in lenovo think pad: Kéresd át magad mellém a munkahelyen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-language-settings-in-lenovo-think/300574c0-c6cc-4ed5-bbf6-3787351389ef
  3. Mahjong and Sudoku not working on Lenovo Think Pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mahjong and Sudoku not working on Lenovo Think Pad: Why do I receive this message on Lenovo Think Pad? Microsoft Sudoku is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001. Sudoku works fine on my Dell laptop. Both...
  4. Mahjong and Sudoku not working on Lenovo Think Pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mahjong and Sudoku not working on Lenovo Think Pad: Why do I receive this message on Lenovo Think Pad? Microsoft Sudoku is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001. Sudoku works fine on my Dell laptop. Both...
  5. Lenovo think pad edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo think pad edge: How to fix the display showing pink screen on lenovo think pad edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-think-pad-edge/b7ee4ccd-1db8-4401-8e3c-1bd35ca28448
  6. Lenovo think pad edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo think pad edge: How to fix the display showing pink screen on lenovo think pad edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-think-pad-edge/b7ee4ccd-1db8-4401-8e3c-1bd35ca28448
  7. How to reinstall lenovo integrated camera???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reinstall lenovo integrated camera???: For personal reasons, I was attempting to reinstall my integrated camera's drivers due to a discord problem, and in the "Device Manager" uninstalled my laptop's integrated camera. what the **** do i do. i took a screenshot of some of the stats before i uninstalled it, so here...
  8. Lenovo idea pad with no camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo idea pad with no camera: The webcam software does not exist in my computer. I've exhausted options and have no idea how to get my camera to function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-idea-pad-with-no-camera/61353c5c-0ead-43bd-a92e-7c8fcb9b510a
  9. Integrated Camera does not work Lenovo

Integrated Camera does not work Lenovo: This happened last year, after a Windows update and after hours of struggling, I was able to fix it with a Windows update. Noticed the same problem last week. Camera goes on can see the light next to the camera, but apps camera, teams, zoom shows no image. I uninstalled...
  10. Lenovo Think Pad Pen

Lenovo Think Pad Pen: My pen on my Lenovo Think Pad no longer works. Also when I track my device it pings it from a place I visited over a year ago. I have my location settings set for on so I'm not sure why it is not tracking my current location....