Windows 10: Microsoft integrates Servicing Stack Updates in Windows 10 cumulative updates

Discus and support Microsoft integrates Servicing Stack Updates in Windows 10 cumulative updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Currently, when you are installing updates manually on a Windows 10 system or are using update management solutions such as WSUS or Configuration... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Sep 10, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft integrates Servicing Stack Updates in Windows 10 cumulative updates

Currently, when you are installing updates manually on a Windows 10 system or are using update management solutions such as WSUS or Configuration Manager, you may run into update installation issues if an update depends on a particular Servicing Stack update that is not installed. Windows will quit the installation of the update with the error "update isn't applicable" and it is up to the system administrator to figure out why it cannot be installed on the device.

Starting in September 2020, and only for Windows 10 version 2004 and Servicing Stack update September 2020, or later, this behavior is a thing of the past. Cumulative updates for Windows 10 will include the Servicing Stack update that the cumulative update requires so that the error should not be thrown anymore.

Our goal is for all IT administrators, whether managing devices on-premises or from the cloud, to experience the simplicity of having a single cumulative monthly update to deploy that includes the month’s cumulative fixes and the appropriate servicing stack updates for that month, if applicable.

Separate Servicing Stack updates will no longer be offered for operating system versions that support the new bundled cumulative update packages.

Microsoft will apply the change to updates on Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and the company's Microsoft Update Catalog website.

Microsoft integrates Servicing Stack Updates in Windows 10 cumulative updates servicing-stack-updates.png

Microsoft believes that the new process will make life easier for administrators, as it is no longer required to pay attention to Servicing Stack update requirements. Administrators don't need to search for Servicing Stack updates and cumulative updates Knowledgebase articles anymore, as all information "will be in a single KB article". It is no longer necessary to check if a cumulative update has a specific Servicing Stack update dependency.

Microsoft has no plans to backport the system to previous versions of Windows 10. Administrators who administrate devices running older versions of the Windows operating system need to research dependencies just like before as nothing changes in that regard.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft integrates Servicing Stack Updates in Windows 10 cumulative updates appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Sep 10, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 10, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)

Microsoft quietly rolled out SP2 for Windows Server 2003 today as part of its critical updates list. Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) is a cumulative service pack that includes the latest updates and provides enhancements to security and stability. In addition, it adds new features and updates to existing Windows Server 2003 features and utilities. The SP2 update can be applied to all Windows Server 2003/Windows XP Professional x64 Edition products.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Microsoft integrates Servicing Stack Updates in Windows 10 cumulative updates

servicing stack updates

Hi Neville,

Servicing stack updates are not listed in the Update History. A workaround is to install the newest cumulative update, which requires your device to have the latest servicing stack update Installed. If it says the update is not applicable provided it is for
    your version and architecture, it probably would mean you do not have the latest SSU.

Hope that helps.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft integrates Servicing Stack Updates in Windows 10 cumulative updates

1. Microsoft integrates Servicing Stack Updates in Windows 10 cumulative updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft integrates Servicing

2. Windows 10 is now getting combined cumulative and servicing stack updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is now getting combined cumulative and servicing stack updates: Windows 10 security and other important updates are usually released on the same day and most of the updates cannot be selected or rejected individually unless you use Microsoft Update Catalog or other advanced tools like WSUS for business. Besides these cumulative and...
  3. Service Stack Update Confusion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Service Stack Update Confusion: Is this something I need to be updating manually on my Windows 10 machine or is this getting updated every time I use Windows Update. If this must be done manually, how do I know what current version is running on my computer so I can decide if I need to upgrade in the first...
  4. Servicing Stack Update Question

Servicing Stack Update Question: Hello. I am working with a brand new PC with Windows 10 version 1903. I have not done any Windows Updates yet. I know that a Servicing Stack update is required - KB4521863. Since I have not done any updates yet, will this Servicing Stack update automatically update …...
  5. Servicing stack updates

Servicing stack updates: Is KB 4498523 really the latest stack update for W10 19-03 as listed ? This is an earlier KB number shown as superceding KB 4500109. Tom Allen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/servicing-stack-updates/4e0c9363-ad1e-4520-989b-e36f16bef8af
  6. servicing stack updates

servicing stack updates: where do i see if the latest stack update has been installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/servicing-stack-updates/b98e52e1-c0c1-4473-b41c-b63543c72241
  7. Servicing stack update

Servicing stack update: Why 2019-02 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4485447) take so much long time to download ? I am downloading this for several hours and it is still 0 percent....
  8. Windows 7 servicing stack updates: manage change & cumulative updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 servicing stack updates: manage change & cumulative updates: For many of you managing a Windows 7 infrastructure today, monthly servicing is primarily about making sure that you are installing the latest security patches on your devices and staying current. To simplify the servicing process (in addition to complexity and cost), we...
  9. Integrating cumulative updates into the image

Integrating cumulative updates into the image: I have v1803 image, the most recent 17134.112 version. I am trying to integrate the latest monthly cumulative update into the image, just like I was used to on Windows 7. With Win7, there were prerequisite updates that had to be applied first, but nothing is mentioned for the...
  10. What are Windows 10 Service Stack Updates?

in Windows 10 News
    What are Windows 10 Service Stack Updates?: [ATTACH] Often while reading about updates for Windows 10, the description might have referred something about Servicing Stack. This includes KB4132650 for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update which said – This update makes stability improvements for the Windows 10 Version 1709...