Windows 10: Microsoft integrates Visual Studio with open-source Eclipse IDE

Discus and support Microsoft integrates Visual Studio with open-source Eclipse IDE in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; At Microsoft, our developer mission is to deliver experiences that empower any developer, building any application, on any OS. And this mission... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft integrates Visual Studio with open-source Eclipse IDE

Source: Microsoft joins the Eclipse Foundation and brings more tools to the community | The Visual Studio Blog

:)

Brink, Mar 8, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Difficulty in compiling C++ codes the second time because the older exe is open in the OS (Windows 10)

Yes, you would imagine that all running threads would be killed when exiting the Eclipse Environment.

But unlike Visual Studio, Eclipse runs your project on a separate thread, over which the Eclipse IDE seems to have no control, that is one of the reasons I don't use it!

Sanat, seeing as you are using the Eclipse IDE, I fell you should pop over to the Exlipse Forum and post your question there. I think interacting with the developers on that forum will provide you with a quicker and more in-depth answer . . .

Dave

DaveM121, Mar 8, 2016
  3. TimmyOC Win User
    integrated development environment for windows 10

I see there is a new program called Visual Studio Code. Is this the best integrated development environment (IDE) to use on a windows 10 device? I want to start trying to write code, espeically at a lower level like in C. Will this program help me with
    that? I have tried the generic starter program helloworld.c but do not seem to be able to figure out how to build/compile/run any of those steps. Or do I need to get a different open source IDE specifically for C? After C I want to move to other languages.

Thank you,

TimmyOC, Mar 8, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Good one on Ms -- just hope that Eclipse stays Open source - as everybody else seems to be trying to "monetise" everything these days.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft integrates Visual Studio with open-source Eclipse IDE - Similar Threads - Microsoft integrates Visual

2. Can't Unlock Visual Studio 2017 Community IDE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Unlock Visual Studio 2017 Community IDE: Hello All, I've been going around and around with this for months, including with MS tech reps, and it defies any resolution. Some months ago, upon launching VS 2017 Community on a system running Windows 7 Home Premium, the following message came up notwithstanding that the...
  3. Can't Unlock Visual Studio 2017 Community IDE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Unlock Visual Studio 2017 Community IDE: Hello All, I've been going around and around with this for months, including with MS tech reps, and it defies any resolution. Some months ago, upon launching VS 2017 Community on a system running Windows 7 Home Premium, the following message came up notwithstanding that the...
  4. Is this source of Visual Studio licences legit/legal?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this source of Visual Studio licences legit/legal?: I strongly suspect that the fact that I even have to ask the question means that the answer will be "no" but I thought it worth asking in case.Someone just sent me a link to gamivo.com, where they are offering "Visual Studio Enterprise 2022 MS Products CD Key" for just over...
  5. Is this source of Visual Studio licences legit/legal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this source of Visual Studio licences legit/legal?: I strongly suspect that the fact that I even have to ask the question means that the answer will be "no" but I thought it worth asking in case.Someone just sent me a link to gamivo.com, where they are offering "Visual Studio Enterprise 2022 MS Products CD Key" for just over...
  6. Is this source of Visual Studio licences legit/legal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Visual studio community is free , open source or paid software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual studio community is free , open source or paid software: i downloaded visual studio community as i can't find separate applications for c,cpp and visual studio . i am a computer student. i downloaded it because i thought it was free, open source. [ATTACH] But in visual studio community, this shows like this : [ATTACH] This...
  8. Adding support for Debug Adapters to Visual Studio IDE

in Windows 10 News
    Adding support for Debug Adapters to Visual Studio IDE: Since its release, Visual Studio Code’s extension model, based on well-known web technologies such as TypeScript and JSON, has attracted a great deal of participation from the community, with hundreds of extensions published to provide support for exciting new languages and...
  9. Open sourcing the Visual Studio Test platform

in Windows 10 News
    Open sourcing the Visual Studio Test platform: Yesterday we released our unit test execution infrastructure as an open source project. You’ll also find an open source project with the documentation. VSTest is a very extensible unit test execution framework. The base engine, discovers tests and runs them. It can...
  10. Microsoft to open source core Xamarin technologies in Visual Studio

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to open source core Xamarin technologies in Visual Studio: Microsoft is open sourcing the Xamarin software development kit, and is making Xamarin Studio for OSX available for no additional cost for Visual Studio Enterprise users. Microsoft is planning to open source the Xamarin software development kit, runtime, libraries and...