Windows 10: Microsoft internally considering improved Windows Store design

Discus and support Microsoft internally considering improved Windows Store design in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft internally considering improved Windows Store design Microsoft is internally working on an improved design for the Windows Store. With... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Microsoft internally considering improved Windows Store design

Microsoft internally considering improved Windows Store design

Read more: http://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-int...-store-design/

:)

Cluster Head, Apr 8, 2016

2. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

I feel as though it's impossible for me to change the storage designation for apps and games downloaded through the windows store. I have an internal 500gb SSD with the Windows 10 OS on it as well as an internal 1 TB Hard drive. I seem to be having problems
    finding a way to default the storage to my internal 1 TB Hard drive rather than the SSD (considering they slow down as you pile in files and etc). On top of this, a huge issue is the Xbox app, I know this may somewhat belong in the gaming section, but I'm
    referring to multiple issues. The xbox game bar app automatically defaults storage to the SSD, and I've searched and searched for a way to change this to the other hard drive, but my searching has concluded to posting on a forum. You can't change the designation
    in-app for whatever reason, and the instructions given for doing so are complete bs. The same goes for the Windows Store app, considering there is no option in the settings and it's seemingly impossible to change the storage location. I'm very unhappy with
    filling my SSD up in this manner, and I'd very much like to avoid it at all costs. The question is, is there any known or unknown way to accomplish what I've been trying to do?

Isaac_Salazar, Apr 8, 2016
  3. Windows phone 8.1 for Lumia Icon

All lumia phones contracted to Verizon are 'Under Testing', at this pace it looks like Microsoft should seriously consider subsidizing phones to Verizon. They are neither active in releasing updates in a timely manner nor push any of their windows phones
    sales at their retail stores. Wonder what Microsoft has to say about this (internally).

pavanbabut---01, Apr 8, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I hope they do .. the store can be a bit of a mess at times.

BunnyJ, Apr 8, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    If they REALLY want to improve the Store, they should add the ability to delete unwanted user installed / OEM preinstalled apps from the user's "My Library".

Cliff S, Apr 8, 2016
  6. The ability, to actually normally sign in, would be nice too. *Rolleyes

TairikuOkami, Apr 8, 2016
  7. Please, please, fix it Microsoft. My "My Library" is littered with Apps I never ever used and immediately uninstalled from my laptop after logging in for the first time. Plus a few I tried but didn't like. I can see locking Apps you paid for, but if its a trial or free App let me nuke it and be rid of it.

alphanumeric, Apr 8, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

alpha,
    one of the great things with Win10 will be, when buying a new PC, get the most current ISO image and install that, the BIOS key should take care of the OEM license, or will it? I'm just thinking of a way to get a legally activated OEM Windows without the "extras" at first time install.

Cliff S, Apr 8, 2016
  9. Another way "might" be to log in with a local account, network unplugged, uninstall all the junk, then switch to your Microsoft ID. I won't make the same mistake twice, now that I know what can happen.

alphanumeric, Apr 8, 2016
  10. Winuser Win User
    *Thumbs

Winuser, Apr 8, 2016
  11. Winuser Win User
    I would also like to see them increase the amount of devices you can install on. Just because this is Windows 10 is no excuse to have a 10 device limit. *Smile

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft internally considering improved Windows Store design - Similar Threads - Microsoft internally considering

2. Can the developers of Microsoft consider redesigning the Microsoft Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can the developers of Microsoft consider redesigning the Microsoft Store?: Hi, I have a problem with the Microsoft store, as it is completely determined to allocate space on my storage drive for a launcher of a video game I've downloaded.After calculating my storage space, as seen in this screenshot: Disregarding the free 22 Gb of space, there is...
  3. Can the developers of Microsoft consider redesigning the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the developers of Microsoft consider redesigning the Microsoft Store?: Hi, I have a problem with the Microsoft store, as it is completely determined to allocate space on my storage drive for a launcher of a video game I've downloaded.After calculating my storage space, as seen in this screenshot: Disregarding the free 22 Gb of space, there is...
  4. Can the developers of Microsoft consider redesigning the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why no UI and UX design improvement for Next Gen ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why no UI and UX design improvement for Next Gen ?: Hi Microsoft, I love Windows more than Mac but in design and easy of use, Mac outperform Windows for me. Last few years I have used Mac as my primary system and just now switched to Windows 10. Still windows UI and UX are not good and moreover icons are still from Vista (my...
  6. Fluent Design in Windows 10 is getting major improvements soon

in Windows 10 News
    Fluent Design in Windows 10 is getting major improvements soon: Fluent Design is Microsoft’s major visual overhaul announced back in 2017 and new design changes are being rolled out to Windows 10 with every update. The most recent Windows 10 October 2018 Update update brought Fluent Design improvements to the devices. Fluent Design is...
  7. Microsoft Store Gets Improved Design in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store Gets Improved Design in Windows 10: Microsoft is rolling out a new look for the official Store in Windows 10. The company has been making a lot of changes to the Store ever since it unveiled Fluent Design, and the latest update brings a beautiful new look for app and game listings in the store. The improved...
  8. Microsoft Store gets new improvements in latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store gets new improvements in latest update: Microsoft pushed out a new update for its Store app for Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 Mobile users. The latest update has been made available for users enrolled in the Release Preview ring. With the latest update Microsoft has made some improvements to the Store application...
  9. Windows Store Payout Improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Store Payout Improvements: Continuing with the Dev Center unification, today I want to share with you payout reporting improvements rolling in the coming weeks that will unify the Windows and Windows Phone experience, provide added payout detail, and simplify the payment process. During May:...
  10. How Microsoft is improving Windows Store app catalog

in Windows 10 News
    How Microsoft is improving Windows Store app catalog: Today I want to share with you adjustments we are making to Windows Store app certification policies to improve the Store experience for your customers. How we are improving Windows Store app catalog As of today, we are enforcing a more robust approach to 10.1 app...