Windows 10: Microsoft is adding new shortcuts to the Windows 11 Task Manager

Discus and support Microsoft is adding new shortcuts to the Windows 11 Task Manager in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is working on a redesigned Task Manager interface for Windows 11. Most of the planned changes give the Task Manager a new paint but do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Apr 15, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft is adding new shortcuts to the Windows 11 Task Manager

Microsoft is working on a redesigned Task Manager interface for Windows 11. Most of the planned changes give the Task Manager a new paint but do not change the program's functionality.

Microsoft is adding new shortcuts to the Windows 11 Task Manager windows-task-manager.png

The upcoming version supports light and dark modes, which are enabled based on the system preference. The full view interface displays the sections of the Task Manager on the left side now and no longer as tabs.

Microsoft released a new Windows 11 Insider build to development channels this week, and with it new keyboard shortcuts for the Windows Task Manager.

Many Windows users know that they can launch the Task Manager with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Alt-Esc.

When it is open, users may soon use the following keyboard shortcuts to run certain actions in the Task Manager:

• Alt-N -- to run a new task. Use Alt-N to display the interface, type the executable file name and hit the Enter-key to run the task.
    • Alt-E -- to end the selected process. Select a task in the task listing and use Alt-E to terminate it.
    • Alt-V -- to toggle Efficiency Mode for the selected process. Efficiency Mode throttles the application to reduce its resource usage while it is running.
    • Ctrl-Tab -- cycle through the pages of the Task Manager (exists already in Stable).
    • Ctrl-Shift-Tab -- cycle through the pages of the Task Manager in reverse (exists already in Stable).

Several other actions are available that are displayed at the top of the Task Manager page. These can also be executed using the Alt-key and the corresponding trigger. Pressing the Alt-key will highlight the available keys in the interface.

Closing Words

Windows users who prefer keyboard shortcuts over touch-based and mouse-based actions may like the new shortcuts of the Windows Task Manager. While these may speed things up, it needs to be noted that at least one of them, Alt-E to end a process, is already supported. Pressing the Del-key on the keyboard terminates the selected process in the Task Manager already.

The new Alt-E shortcut adds a second option, but I can't see many users switching to it as it requires the activation of two keys for the same action.

Now You: do you use the Windows Task Manager? Would you use the new keyboard shortcuts?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft is adding new shortcuts to the Windows 11 Task Manager appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Apr 15, 2022
  2. keakar Win User

ad blocker doesnt run for my website shortcuts

first off, im using IE11, yes I know boo hiss its the devil, its too unsafe, but anyway....

I have adblocker and I cant find any reports on this issue but if I open the browser with the browser link adblock runs and its protected, but lets say I have a desktop shortcut to go to my email or here, well when you use a desktop shortcut to the websites, the browser opens without adblock running. I confirmed this in task manager that it is indeed still off and not a running process. I also noted that adblock is not listed in the services list but im not sure if it should be or not.

so any help or advice on this would be great, I use desktop shortcuts for stuff and this means adblocker isn't running for nearly half of my online activities, maybe more. if it cant run anytime the browser is open then why have it, I see nothing in the way of settings or preferences options except a website block list or allow ads for this site.

keakar, Apr 15, 2022
  3. imanalien Win User
    No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Apr 15, 2022
  4. z10556 Win User

Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Apr 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft is adding new shortcuts to the Windows 11 Task Manager - Similar Threads - Microsoft adding shortcuts

2. New Windows 11 Task Manager is awful

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 Task Manager is awful: Hi,recent update of Windows 11 brought me dark Task Manager. I almost agree, that is "most requested feature" darkening task manager, lol, but look how it looks on my machine. I have default Windows mode: Dark & default app mode: Light, so, how Task Manager became dark? What...
  3. New Windows 11 Task Manager is awful

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 11 Task Manager is awful: Hi,recent update of Windows 11 brought me dark Task Manager. I almost agree, that is "most requested feature" darkening task manager, lol, but look how it looks on my machine. I have default Windows mode: Dark & default app mode: Light, so, how Task Manager became dark? What...
  4. How to enable the Task Manager shortcut in the Taskbar context menu in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable the Task Manager shortcut in the Taskbar context menu in Windows 11: A few days ago, a cumulative update called KB5019509 was rolled out to Windows 11 22H2. It brought a few interesting changes, including a Tabbed File Explorer, Suggested Actions, Taskbar Overflow and more [ATTACH] I came across a few posts that claimed that a new way to...
  5. How to use the new Task Manager in Windows 11 2022

in Windows 10 News
    How to use the new Task Manager in Windows 11 2022: [ATTACH]Windows 11 came with an attractive UI and fluid windows. Microsoft slowly redesigned all the major apps in it like Photos, Windows Media Player, and others. The new one to add to that revamped and redesigned list is the Task Manager behaves in the native system style...
  6. Will cpu temperature be added to task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will cpu temperature be added to task manager: Seeing the temperature of the GPU in task manager as you can today is a great thing but what about the rest? Would sure be great to have the temperature of the CPU, memory and drives also added, sure you can install programs like hardware info and see the temperature of...
  7. Task Manager not adding up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager not adding up: I have 4 GB of RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-not-adding-up/bd0eeff4-3b6c-4c65-afd4-aea8b9dbbde8
  8. Task Manager shortcut keys are not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager shortcut keys are not working: My Task Manager shortcut (Left Ctrl)+Shift+Esc keys worked for a while and it stopped working for some time. Now I have to use the (Right Ctrl)+Shift+Esc keys for it to work. How do I change this back to its original default shortcut keys? 174872
  9. RAM in task manager not adding up properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM in task manager not adding up properly?: As you can see in these images, the RAM I'm actually using is not adding up to the amount of RAM it says it is using in the performance tab? Is this normal, or should I be worried? submitted by /u/HurricaneSYG [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows Task manager keyboard shortcut is not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Task manager keyboard shortcut is not working: Hello, I can not open Task Manager with shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + ESC or thought CTRL + ALT + DELETE. From CMD it is not working too (tskmgr.exe). It's working only if I open it from "C:\Windows\System32". Please help. 74046