Windows 10: Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I...

Discus and support Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently discovered that Onedrive is copying all files I save on my devices that are all linked. I have never used OneDrive or downloaded it's app,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rebecca Lynn1, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I...

I recently discovered that Onedrive is copying all files I save on my devices that are all linked. I have never used OneDrive or downloaded it's app, so I was shocked to know that hundreds of my personal files now exist on Onedrive. I can follow a link to my files. I can view, edit, and share theses files but nowhere is there an option to delete these files. I have spent hours researching and have tried both Microsoft and Onedrive support with zero answers. Everyone says just uninstall the app but I do not have an app or an account and after an hour chat with Microsoft support they closed th

:)

Rebecca Lynn1, Aug 15, 2022

2. Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Onedrive saving data without consent

Hi,

How can I stop Onedrive from saving my files without my consent?

I have tried my best to remove Onedrive access to my windows account but do use it for a separate Student account for college work. The separate onedrive account works and successfully saves my college work when needed.

I managed to delete all my personal files from onedrive and after a lot of reading managed to alter the registry to locate the "My Documents" folder to the one on my PC rather than the onedrive account.

For some reason it has now reverted to using a onedrive documents folder and has saved all of my information to this folder as well as backing up all of my other personal information such as music and pictures.

I believe that this violates my rights under the data use act as Microsoft is actively backing up my information to its systems without my consent and after I have actively removed them from their systems.

How am I able to prevent Onedrive from doing this so that I am satisfied that only I have access to my own personal information?

Blue Spider, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I...

Onedrive saving data without consent

Try these steps :

Click on the small onedrive cloud icon in your taskbar

Then click on help and settings and then again on settings.

Then in the pop up window click on the first tab (settings)

Untick the last option that says "save space and download files as you use them"

(This will start the process of downloading all your data from the cloud back to your device)

In addition to this untick the first option that says "start onedrive automatically when I sign in to windows " (this will prevent its autostart)

Once the data has finished downloading (You can verify that by looking at the folders) click on backup tab in the same popup window.

ensure that the backup is still off.

At this point please visit www.onedrive.com and compare to your system and look for any data that is still missing in your system. Download it and make a backup since we will unlink onedrive and that data which has not been download will be lost.

Once you have verified go to the Account tab on the onedrive popup window and click on unlink this pc. Confirm your choice and onedrive will be removed from your file manager (You may not be able to delete onedrive app completely from your system since it is an integrated part of onedrive but it will not longer access your files or back them up)

One additional step can be to right click on taskbar then click on taskmanager.

Click on More details at the bottom and then click on Startup tab.

Search for onedrive in the list (if it is not there you may ignore this step)

Right click on it and click on disable.

That is all please let me know if you face any issues.

JaspreetSingh08, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I...

1. Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I... - Similar Threads - Microsoft automatically uploading

2. File is not saving on OneDrive automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File is not saving on OneDrive automatically: I am having problems with files I try to edit on my OneDrive.Previously all worked fine, espcially AutoSave.I am logged into OneDrive fine but when I try to save an Excel file I get this error...
  3. File is not saving on OneDrive automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File is not saving on OneDrive automatically: I am having problems with files I try to edit on my OneDrive.Previously all worked fine, espcially AutoSave.I am logged into OneDrive fine but when I try to save an Excel file I get this error...
  4. Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I...

Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I...: I recently discovered that Onedrive is copying all files I save on my devices that are all linked. I have never used OneDrive or downloaded it's app, so I was shocked to know that hundreds of my personal files now exist on Onedrive. I can follow a link to my files. I can...
  5. Onedrive saving data without consent

Onedrive saving data without consent: Hi,How can I stop Onedrive from saving my files without my consent?I have tried my best to remove Onedrive access to my windows account but do use it for a separate Student account for college work. The separate onedrive account works and successfully saves my college work...
  6. Onedrive saving data without consent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive saving data without consent: Hi,How can I stop Onedrive from saving my files without my consent?I have tried my best to remove Onedrive access to my windows account but do use it for a separate Student account for college work. The separate onedrive account works and successfully saves my college work...
  7. Onedrive saving data without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. OneDrive automatically uploaded and moved my files!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive automatically uploaded and moved my files!!: Hello, Im very nervous right now, I opened OneDrive on my PC just to see what its about. Then left my PC came back two hours later and all of the sudden my documents and music and pictures folders are up on the OneDrive cloud and removed from from my pc?! Or just moved to a...
  9. Microsoft uploads PC details without consent

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft uploads PC details without consent: I have a Microsoft account that I use with an Outlook 2016 client as well as in the Windows 10 Mail app but nothing else, i.e no Find My Device, no sharing of content across devices, no store purchases, no Cortana nor anything else. I sign in to my Windows 10 PC using a local...
  10. Without my consent.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Without my consent.: I scheduled the latest Windows Update for sometime next week. I woke up this morning with my computer in the middle of the update. I had to access some files for work but couldn't. Windows Update acted without my consent. I took the time to verify twice that the scheduled...