Windows 10: Microsoft is aware of the issues with Windows Update

Discus and support Microsoft is aware of the issues with Windows Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Yesterday, we reported that Windows Update is experiencing issues where the Windows 10 devices could not connect to the servers. The reports revealed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 1, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is aware of the issues with Windows Update

Yesterday, we reported that Windows Update is experiencing issues where the Windows 10 devices could not connect to the servers. The reports revealed that some users with certain internet connection are unable to check for updates in Windows 10. It also revealed that Microsoft Store (Windows Store) is broken and users cannot download or updates the apps and games.

When the users are checking for updates on their Windows 10 PCs, they are greeted with an error that says the system couldn’t connect to the update service.

“We’ll continue to check daily for newer updates. We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work, make sure that you’re connected to the Internet,” the error reads.

Some users claimed that it is a problem caused by DNS settings offered by certain ISPs and Windows Update service can be restored by modifying the DNS to use Google DNS or Cloudflare’s. It’s not known what caused this issue, but changing the DNS settings does help in some cases.

Microsoft is aware of the issues with Windows Update Windows-Update-service-error.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Barb Bowman

It appears that the software giant is aware of the problems with Windows Update and Microsoft has acknowledged it in a Reddit post. Microsoft says that they are investigating the reports and more information will be shared soon.

“Microsoft is aware of this issue and is investigating. We’ll provide more information as it becomes available,” a Microsoft’s software engineer confirmed the reports in a Reddit post.

As Microsoft is already looking into the reported issues, it is likely that the Windows Update service will be restored sooner than expected.

The post Microsoft is aware of the issues with Windows Update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 1, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Feb 1, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Microsoft is aware of the issues with Windows Update

Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Microsoft is aware of the issues with Windows Update [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft is aware of the issues with Windows Update

1. Microsoft is aware of the issues with Windows Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft aware issues

2. If Microsoft is aware of a problem 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If Microsoft is aware of a problem 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...: If Microsoft is aware of a problem 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 Error why don't you let users know ????????...
  3. If Microsoft is aware of a problem 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If Microsoft is aware of a problem 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...: If Microsoft is aware of a problem 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 Error why don't you let users know ????????...
  4. If Microsoft is aware of a problem 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Awareness Makes the Difference

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Awareness Makes the Difference: I worked remotely on a friend's machine the past couple of days. It was a mess... way out of date in several areas & had unnecessary 3rd party stuff in it. Anyway, I made it all good AND did heaps of Show & Tell with her. Prior to this she had a really poor attitude towards...
  6. Microsoft is aware of two new issues in Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is aware of two new issues in Windows 10 updates: Windows 10 October 2020 Patch Tuesday updates suffer from a flaw whereby some users are unable to update their Office products. In another support document, Microsoft admitted that Windows 10 suffers from certificate loss issue when you update the systems using ISO and other...
  7. Microsoft is aware of Windows 10 KB4532693 critical bug

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is aware of Windows 10 KB4532693 critical bug: Windows 10 has been experiencing serious issues due to problematic update ‘KB4532693‘, which was released on February 11 with fixes for various security vulnerabilities. Like every Patch Tuesday release, KB4532693 was supposed to be an important cumulative update, however,...
  8. Microsoft is aware of issues with Windows 10 version 1803 and IObit Advanced System Care

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is aware of issues with Windows 10 version 1803 and IObit Advanced System Care: Microsoft recently released Windows 10 April 2018 Update and cumulative update with fixes but some users claim that the update is causing a black screen when booting up the PCs. It is worth noting that not everyone is seeing this problem but the number of systems impacted by...
  9. Microsoft is aware of issues with Microsoft Store and Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is aware of issues with Microsoft Store and Windows 10 version 1803: Windows 10 April 2018 Update is quite buggy for some users and it appears that yet another bug is hitting some systems. Some users on Microsoft Community forum posted that Microsoft Store sometimes fails to work correctly on devices after installing the Windows 10 April 2018...
  10. Windows 10 DPI-Awareness issues, blurry text 125%

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 DPI-Awareness issues, blurry text 125%: Hi, I don't know if it has been asked before but I have had issues that I can reproduce on both my laptop and desktop, with DPI scaling. Applications like Device Manager would scale fine in 8.1, but in 10 the text is stretched. At 125% the text is blurry, and at 200% it...