Windows 10: Microsoft is bringing native-like experience to Chrome PWAs

Discus and support Microsoft is bringing native-like experience to Chrome PWAs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In order to help Google seamlessly integrate PWAs services with its browser, Microsoft is planning to add URL Protocol Handler Registration support for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 2, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is bringing native-like experience to Chrome PWAs

In order to help Google seamlessly integrate PWAs services with its browser, Microsoft is planning to add URL Protocol Handler Registration support for Progressive Web Apps. The integration is pretty neat and it aims to create a more engaging native-like experience.

According to engineers working at Microsoft Edge, registering a PWA as a protocol handler will open web apps when you click on a hyperlink with specific scheme such as mailto:// , ms-word:// or web+music:// in Google Chrome.

For example, if you click on a link of YouTube Music and its PWA is installed, your device will open YouTube Music web app. Microsoft says PWA as a protocol handler could help you in the following ways:

• App integration: If you click on a link to a presentation (ms-powerpoint://deck2378465), the presentation automatically opens in PWA .
    • In a native chat app such as Telegram, if you receive a link to some magnet:// URL, the correct PWA is launched.
    • When a friend shares a link to a song and you click on it (web+music://songid=1234&time=0:13), the PWA will automatically launch instead of opening a new tab in the browser.

Like Android, Windows 10 also supports protocol handler and Microsoft has already registered msnews and msnnews links to open Microsoft News app, and Office is registered to handle both ms-officeapp and ms-getoffice.

Chrome PWAs to run on OS login

Microsoft is also working on another feature that would allow users to run PWAs on OS login. The feature is aimed at allowing high-engagement PWAs such as Outlook, chat apps and others to start running when Windows 10 boots.

This allows you to get important notifications from Windows 10 PWAs right away after login. The feature would be optional as Microsoft says it will let you disable auto-start feature for PWAs from the browser to reduce memory usage.

The post Microsoft is bringing native-like experience to Chrome PWAs appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft’s Bold Plan to Bring PWAs to Windows 10

Read more: Microsofts Bold Plan to Bring PWAs to Windows 10 - Thurrott.com

Brink, Feb 2, 2020
  3. How to Install PWA on Lumia510 with Win10?

Joe, thanks for the other inputs.

The STRORE doesn't show PWA.

For example Twitter has both a native app for MS and a PWA. When look up the store, it only shows the native app, not the PWA.

So is it to be understood that the Twitter PWA is available by the web browser? If so, how does one pin it to the home screen? That is a more specific a Nokia Lumia 510 query.

Aneri Ghosh, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Microsoft is bringing native-like experience to Chrome PWAs

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft is bringing native-like experience to Chrome PWAs

1. Microsoft is bringing native-like experience to Chrome PWAs - Similar Threads - Microsoft bringing native

2. Another important step to make Edge PWAs feel more like native apps on Windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Another important step to make Edge PWAs feel more like native apps on Windows.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tyls6c/another_important_step_to_make_edge_pwas_feel/
  3. Opening native media files like MP4 in Chrome Incognito mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening native media files like MP4 in Chrome Incognito mode?: I know that I can open files saved on my computer like videos in chrome browser. I just go to "open with", select "chrome", and now mp4 files open via my browser by default. However, they open in a standard browser, and I would like them to open in an incognito window. I feel...
  4. Microsoft Edge PWAs are about to look more like native Windows 10 apps

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge PWAs are about to look more like native Windows 10 apps: Microsoft is fully committed to Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) and it’s already bringing the web apps to the Microsoft Store and Windows 10. As you may be aware, Progressive Web Apps (PWA) are simply websites that behave like native apps and used just like a normal app. Web...
  5. Microsoft is making Windows 10 PWAs feel more like native apps

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is making Windows 10 PWAs feel more like native apps: Windows Store always had an app shortage problem and Microsoft has been working on new capabilities to lay the foundation for Progressive Web Apps, one of the keys to the future of Micorosft’s app market. The PWAs are webpages on steroids and Twitter app for Windows 10 is...
  6. I am starting to like PWAs!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am starting to like PWAs!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Talib_Dota [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f3qnle/i_am_starting_to_like_pwas/
  7. Microsoft is adding Shortcuts menu to Chrome PWAs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is adding Shortcuts menu to Chrome PWAs: Microsoft has been trying to tackle the lack of apps in the Windows Store with Progressive Web Apps. Microsoft allows developers to submit and publish their PWAs in the Store and the company is also working to improve support for PWAs available outside its app store. Google...
  8. Microsoft Edge, Chromium PWAs to feel more native on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge, Chromium PWAs to feel more native on Windows 10: Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) have been around for about four years. Microsoft likes PWAs and the PWAs in Windows 10 also function like regular apps, as they support Cortana integration, live tiles, notifications and more. The PWAs generated by new Edge or even Chrome may soon...
  9. Microsoft is bringing a new keyboard experience to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is bringing a new keyboard experience to Windows 10: Microsoft always wanted to bring a better keyboard solution on Windows 10 PCs in order to refine typing on a touchscreen. A while ago, Microsoft introduced Windows Phone-like keyboard on Windows 10 which refined the typing experience on a touchscreen device. Microsoft today...
  10. Microsoft’s Bold Plan to Bring PWAs to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Bold Plan to Bring PWAs to Windows 10: I recently spoke with Microsoft’s Jeff Burtoft and Aaron Gustafson about the company’s plans to bring Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) to Windows 10. And I couldn’t be more excited about Microsoft’s plans to integrate PWAs with the desktop. This is a milestone I’ve been looking...