Windows 10: Microsoft is bringing Windows Spellchecker to Chromium project

Discus and support Microsoft is bringing Windows Spellchecker to Chromium project in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is testing yet another new feature for Edge based on the open-source Chromium project and other Chromium browsers, including Google Chrome.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 4, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is bringing Windows Spellchecker to Chromium project

Microsoft is testing yet another new feature for Edge based on the open-source Chromium project and other Chromium browsers, including Google Chrome. After adding an improved find box and other improvements to Chromium, Microsoft is now bringing Windows Spellchecker to Chromium project.

Chrome’s built-in spellchecker is currently powered by Hunspell speller which is also used in apps like LibreOffice and OpenOffice. As per a new commit, Microsoft is adding Windows Spellchecker to Chromium and it will coexist with Hunspell speller.

Microsoft is working on various changes to enable Windows Spellchecker integration in Chromium, including implementation of spellcheck platform interface.

“We need to implement platform agnostic interfaces to integrate windows spellchecker into Chromium. We also need to refactor some code to enable runtime switch between Windows spellchecker and hunspell spellchecker,” Microsoft noted in the commit.

“After these steps, we enabled Windows Spellcheck Services integration and also achieved runtime switch between platform spellchecker and hunspell spellchecker for windows platform,” the commit reads.

Enable Windows Spellchecker in Chrome

Microsoft is bringing Windows Spellchecker to Chromium project Spellchecker-in-Chromium.jpg

In Google Chrome Canary, the experimental flag for Windows Spellcheck is already available and you can enable it to use the native spellchecker on Windows.

“Use the Windows OS spellchecker to find spelling mistakes and provide spelling suggestions instead of using the Hunspell engine,” the flag description reads.

The changes aren’t noticable at glance, but it should improve the overall typing experience in Chrome for Windows. As of now, Windows Spellchecker flag is not available in Edge Canary or Dev builds.

The post Microsoft is bringing Windows Spellchecker to Chromium project appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Jul 4, 2019
  3. how to uninstall chromium

Hi Scott,

Chromium is the open-source web browser project from which Google Chrome draws its source code. The browsers share the majority of code and features, though there are some minor differences in features and they have different licensing.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Do you get any error while you try to uninstall the chromium browser?

• How did you install the chromium browser? Is it through Windows store/third party website/any other source?

• Does the issue persist only while you try to uninstall the chromium browser/ any other programs?
    You may follow the below suggestions and check if you are able to uninstall the chromium browser.

Follow the below steps if you have installed the chromium browser through the setup file or through the other source.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, and select
      Programs and features.

• Here you will be able to see the list of programs installed in your computer.

• Right click on the program which you would like to uninstall and click
      Uninstall.
    If you have downloaded the chromium browser through the Windows store, open the Start menu, type chromium in the search bar, right click on the chromium browser from the search bar results and click on uninstall.

THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER

Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software
    can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Microsoft is bringing Windows Spellchecker to Chromium project

Jsssssssss, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft is bringing Windows Spellchecker to Chromium project

1. Microsoft is bringing Windows Spellchecker to Chromium project - Similar Threads - Microsoft bringing Spellchecker

2. I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...: UNINVITED Microsoft Editor is not as efficient as Spellcheck was! I have to fight to get to the word "it" wants to insert into my Word doc., instead of my chosen word, and it keeps interrupting three times starting in 2023 my book's progress with "Feedback to Microsoft"...
  3. Microsoft chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft chromium: Hello i updated to the Microsoft Edge chromium and when windows loads up i get a page from www.guce.co.uk how can i get rid of this please it has various lines cloud server monitor and about 10 other lines cloud application monitoring,server and network monitoring 158393
  4. How to enable Windows Spellcheck in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows Spellcheck in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]One of the most annoying parts of editing using any browser is the spellcheck. I have noticed that suggestions offered by them at times are […] This article How to enable Windows Spellcheck in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Microsoft’s project Pegasus could bring a new Windows 10 interface

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s project Pegasus could bring a new Windows 10 interface: In addition to hardware, Microsoft’s Surface event was also about software and the company unveiled a new version of Windows 10 for an entirely new category of computing devices. Called Windows 10X, this new OS is being officially developed for dual-screen and foldable...
  6. Microsoft brings PDF features and more to Chromium on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings PDF features and more to Chromium on Windows: Microsoft recently recreated Edge browser on Chromium-platform to offer better interoperability, including cross-platform support and faster updates. Microsoft is working on a number of new features and improvements for Chromium which should benefit Edge, Chrome and other...
  7. Windows Spellchecker in Edge, Chrome, and other Chromium browsers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Spellchecker in Edge, Chrome, and other Chromium browsers: Microsoft's decision to switch to Chromium as the source for the company's Edge browser has injected even more development resources into the project. One of the latest commits by Microsoft engineers introduces support for the Windows Spellchecker in Chromium. Any changes...
  8. Microsoft could bring some of Windows 10’s Fluent elements to Chromium

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft could bring some of Windows 10’s Fluent elements to Chromium: Microsoft has successfully migrated Edge from EdgeHTML to Chromium. Microsoft is now trying to bring some of the classic Edge features to Chromium, one of the priorities could be to implement Fluent Design in the Chromium-based browsers. Today, we discovered a few commits by...
  9. Microsoft is bringing Chromium-based Edge to Windows 10, 8, 7 and macOS

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is bringing Chromium-based Edge to Windows 10, 8, 7 and macOS: There were rumours claiming that Edge browser will go cross-platform and use Chromium’s Blink rendering engine soon. Today, Microsoft officially announced that Edge will ditch EdgeHTML rendering engine to become a part of the Chromium family. Microsoft is rebuilding the Edge...
  10. spellchecker

in Windows 10 Support
    spellchecker: I was just posting on another forum using W10hp on my laptop and the name of the South American country of Uraguay got underlined (it is underlined as I type this). I immediately googled Uraguay to confirm that I had spelt it correctly. Not a very good result for...