Windows 10: Microsoft is building a list of most commonly used & leaked passwords

Discus and support Microsoft is building a list of most commonly used & leaked passwords in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is building a list of most commonly used & leaked passwords 117M leaked creds (from LinkedIn?). New best practices + #AzureAD and MSA can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 24, 2016.

1. Microsoft is building a list of most commonly used & leaked passwords

Microsoft is building a list of most commonly used & leaked passwords
    117M leaked creds (from LinkedIn?). New best practices + #AzureAD and MSA can help

Microsoft Password Guidance
    Download pdf: Password Guidance - Microsoft Research

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...-msa-can-help/

Cluster Head, May 24, 2016
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Thanks.. I bet that 12345678 or some form of that is the most used. I want to see that list.

:)

BunnyJ, May 24, 2016
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    change wifi password

Hi Barbara,

A wireless router's password can be changed through the router's configuration webpage. Follow these steps to change it:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Click Wi-Fi.
    • Select your Wi-Fi network and look for the IPv4 address. Routers commonly use 192.168.1.1, but it depends on your router, so it's important to check.
    • Launch a web browser like Microsoft Edge and type the IP address in the address bar.
    • You'll be prompted for a username and a password. The most common default username is
      admin and the most common default password is password, or there may not be a password at all and you can leave it blank. If this doesn't work, consult the manual for your router or contact the device manufacturer.
    • Once you're successfully logged in, find the wireless settings area and change the password.

Let us know if you were able to change the Wi-Fi password after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, May 24, 2016
  4. Rotozaza Win User

Enlarge list of Most Used or add manually

It was so convenient have manually added and recently used programs, all showing latest fiels or config used.

Now this is reduced to 5 moste used, far not enough, especially as tile didn't show recent files.

Of course pin to taskbar would do the job, but this list can get far to long when there are many open apps.

How can list of 'Most used' apps enlarged to 10?

Thanks for directions.

Rotozaza, May 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft is building a list of most commonly used & leaked passwords - Similar Threads - Microsoft building list

2. how to setup a group email list commonly used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to setup a group email list commonly used: I want to create a list of email recipients that I can just click and send without typing them in every time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-a-group-email-list-commonly-used/4e55aa92-051f-460e-a553-fb353c81f5e0
  3. how to setup a group email list commonly used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to setup a group email list commonly used: I want to create a list of email recipients that I can just click and send without typing them in every time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-a-group-email-list-commonly-used/4e55aa92-051f-460e-a553-fb353c81f5e0
  4. Flight Simulator 2020 and the most common and useful! peripherals: Saitek/Logitech...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2020 and the most common and useful! peripherals: Saitek/Logitech...: Hi there, how is it that the most common peripherals among hardened flightsimmers are not supported?!! From such a much trumpeted new piece of simulation ? software I would have expected native support of all proflight panels and - rather obviously - backward compatibility...
  5. Most Common Stop Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most Common Stop Errors: What Are The Most Common Errors And What Do They Mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-common-stop-errors/18c4c909-6adc-4013-b6a7-b173d317a162
  6. Microsoft: 44 million Microsoft accounts use leaked passwords

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: 44 million Microsoft accounts use leaked passwords: Microsoft ran a password-reuse analysis on over three billion company accounts in 2019 to find out how many of the used password were in use by Microsoft customers. The company collected password hash information from public sources and received additional data from law...
  7. windows 10 most used app list

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 most used app list: Hello Guys, Is it possible to increase the most used app list in the new Windows 10 Start Menu? Thanks Tony 25145
  8. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357
  9. Common Faults / Fixes List

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Common Faults / Fixes List: Hey Guys, There are a lot of commonly occurring issues appearing in the Installation sub-forum, so please take a look through the list here and see if these can solve your problem before creating a new one! Relevant Tutorials For a Upgrade installation guide > Windows...
  10. More items to Most used list

in Windows 10 Support
    More items to Most used list: Hey guys! I am trying to figure out how I can have more than 6 items to the most used list in the Start Menu. I have seen screenshots with more but can't find out where to do that in the options... Soooo... here I am. *Biggrin It's not a big deal so if it's not...