Windows 10: Microsoft is committed to the Surface lineup.

Discus and support Microsoft is committed to the Surface lineup. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Important news following the false rumor about the fate of Surface. Contrary to some click-bait headlines, SP3 has garnered some attention and is doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by EMINENT, Oct 10, 2014.

1. EMINENT Win User

Microsoft is committed to the Surface lineup.

Important news following the false rumor about the fate of Surface. Contrary to some click-bait headlines, SP3 has garnered some attention and is doing alright I think.

Nadella: Microsoft committed to Surface line - Neowin

It's really amazing to see these devices used more everywhere, not only in ad placement like the NFL and TV shows like the Agents of Shield, Elementary, etc. Also, seeing more people at my work with a Surface or Windows tablet and even my die hard Apple only roommate asking me what the cheapest model there is he can get to use for work, now that his IT has authorized them to be used and he can't use Office like he needs to on his crippled ipad.

:)

EMINENT, Oct 10, 2014

2. When is W10 File History actually committed to the backup disk

Answer: Somewhat closer. But whatever the changes you make, it won't immediately write them to the backup disk, until it hits the clock as per the backup schedule. Say for instance to hourly backup, you have made a change to some document
    at 05:25 PM, then it won't immediate write this change to backup disk. It will only write this change to backup disk at 6:00 PM (I.e. One hour). So how many changes you make in this time gap will written by the end of the hour.

Answer: Regarding this issue, I suggest you to post your feedback using Windows Feedback app. Your feedback help us to look into this issue with future updates.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 10, 2014
  3. When is W10 File History actually committed to the backup disk

Answer: See, when the USB disk which you're using for back-up is disconnected from the computer or turned off, then it won't initiate the backup process until it was reconnected or turned on.
    Moreover, you will get continuous balloon notifications in the action center, telling you reconnect the backup disc to continue files backup. Also it won't store the backup data anywhere on the computer when the USB disk is disconnected.

Okay, tell me one thing, did you cross check the drive manually to see if that change takes place?

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 10, 2014
  4. BillyBob Win User

My wife uses her original Surface way more than her iPad, if they bring out a Surface 3 I'll be buying her one. She's got Office on it so she doesn't need the full Windows.

BillyBob, Oct 11, 2014
  5. EMINENT Win User
    Of all the people that I know that have one, they actually love it. I guess they'd have to if they paid money for one.

It really works beautifully if it does what you need. It's going to be even better with the next gen. and I can't wait for S4 and SP4!

EMINENT, Oct 12, 2014
  6. Hi

I'm pretty sure the Surface 3 came out a while ago!

Amazon.com: surface pro 3 - Computers & Accessories: Electronics

Get out your credit card, these things aren't cheap. LOL

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 12, 2014
  7. BillyBob Win User
    BillyBob, Oct 12, 2014
  8. Rickkins Win User

Then they should be committed...

(come on, no way I could pass up such a juicy one...*Party )

Rickkins, Oct 15, 2014
  9. I have a great idea.
    A Microsoft Surface with a built in mechanical keyboard.

Layback Bear, Oct 18, 2014
  10. Trust_No1 Win User
    I found this to be an interesting statement;

calling it a "Surface Laptop" replacement, has it dropped it's tablet status then?

Trust_No1, Oct 18, 2014
  11. Mystere Win User
    That's the name of the bundle. Not the Surface.

Mystere, Oct 18, 2014
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

At work with a Docking station and a large external monitor I find the SP3 WAY more useful than a "standard" Laptop. What is also great if you've ever been to one of those "Consultant " type I.T meetings where people seem to have masses of cables and large laptops and "squabble" over the 4 electrical outlets in a room of say 15 people then with the SP3 you are really Laughing.

Also when you need your presentation / power point demo / excel sheet or whatever it's so easy being able to connect to the conference / meeting room monitor WIRELESSLY from your seat without having to shift a laptop over a dozen bodies around a long table and plug in a cable to the monitor. !!

I'm sure you've all been to or experienced those types of meetings.

Travelling too - great in tablet mode for watching a movie etc. The screen size is fine too -- big enough to be useful while not too big as to lose portability.

OK it might be expensive - but I LIKE mine and I don't bother taking laptops any more on the road -- I'm using old laptops at home now for testing things like W10 etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 18, 2014
  13. Rickkins Win User

They already have those... they're called laptops...*Wink

Rickkins, Oct 18, 2014
  14. Trust_No1 Win User
    calling it a "Surface Laptop" replacement, has it dropped it's tablet status then?
    Yes, I understood that. I think they might have just said "Surface Replacement Bundle", and not used the term laptop. IMO

Trust_No1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft is committed to the Surface lineup. - Similar Threads - Microsoft committed Surface

2. Committing Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Committing Windows Updates: Hi, I am having some issues with users not committing their Windows Updates in a timely fashion. I tried looking into myself but was not finding anything on best practices for committing Windows Updates ie. how long is it recommend to wait to commit the updates after...
  3. Acer announces latest lineup of consumer laptops

in Windows 10 News
    Acer announces latest lineup of consumer laptops: [email protected] 2020 | October Press Conference [media] Acer has introduced a suite of new consumer notebooks across its Swift, Spin and Aspire series, all powered by 11th Gen Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics. The refreshed devices also come with...
  4. What is Committed memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is Committed memory: [ATTACH] Greetings All, I wanted to know what this committed memory means and why is it more than my ram https://preview.redd.it/caxm92wgqpf51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=aa54909da930cf920e8edff1248e143c85b9cc9c submitted by /u/rayanshchauhan [link]...
  5. RAM 'Commit' issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM 'Commit' issue?: Hi all - just installed Win10's latest 64-bit version (1909) on an older Toshiba Satellite C650D. Windows seems to be working fine, but is really slow. The machine has 4GB of RAM and a dual-core 2.1GHz AMD Athlon II P320 processor, so, yes, I know it's old, but it should be...
  6. RAM 'Commit' issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM 'Commit' issue?: Hi all - just installed Win10's latest 64-bit version (1909) on an older Toshiba Satellite C650D. Windows seems to be working fine, but is really slow. The machine has 4GB of RAM and a dual-core 2.1GHz AMD Athlon II P320 processor, so, yes, I know it's old, but it should be...
  7. Please Bring IE Back Into the Office LineUp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please Bring IE Back Into the Office LineUp: I can only think MS's decision to remove VBA scripted browsers like Internet Explorer from Office was done out of ignorance and that these young Office programmers have no idea what power they are taking away from internet automation. Please bring IE back, or at least...
  8. Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows: Microsoft’s commitment to protecting customers from vulnerabilities in our products, services, and devices includes providing security updates that address these vulnerabilities when they are discovered. We understand that researchers have wanted better clarity around the...
  9. Microsoft: Furthering our commitment to security updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: Furthering our commitment to security updates: Microsoft is committed to delivering comprehensive security updates to our customers. Information about the security updates we release are currently made available on the Microsoft Security Bulletin website. However, our customers have asked for better access to update...
  10. Microsoft Could Kill the Entire Surface Tablet Lineup...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Could Kill the Entire Surface Tablet Lineup...: As part of its plans to step beyond the software industry, Microsoft is aggressively investing in the hardware business, and the Surface tablet lineup is living proof that the company is looking to get its own share of profit in a market that already belongs to Android and...