Windows 10: Microsoft is deprecating the legacy Disk cleanup utility in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft is deprecating the legacy Disk cleanup utility in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is on a mission to kill the old legacy tools like Control Panel for streamlining access and modernizing our experience. Microsoft recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 13, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is deprecating the legacy Disk cleanup utility in Windows 10

Microsoft is on a mission to kill the old legacy tools like Control Panel for streamlining access and modernizing our experience. Microsoft recently announced that the Storage Sense will get better with Windows 10 October 2018 Update and it appears that the company is also planning to remove Disk cleanup in near future.

With Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Microsoft is deprecating the legacy disk cleanup and you’re now recommended to use the new storage cleanup tool instead.

A while ago, Microsoft added Storage Sense to Windows 10 that basically allows users to remove temporary files, empty the recycle bin and dump the contents of a specific folder. For those familiar, Storage Sense first made an appearance in Windows Phone 8.1 and it was also spotted in very early builds of Windows 10.

Microsoft is deprecating the legacy Disk cleanup utility in Windows 10 Disk-Cleanup-tool.jpg

“The Disk Cleanup experience (“cleanmgr.exe”) is being deprecated. We’re retaining the Disk Cleanup tool for compatibility reasons. There’s no need to worry since Storage Sense’s functionality is a superset of what the legacy Disk Cleanup provides,” writes Aniket Naravanekar, Product Manager Leading Workstation at Microsoft.

Microsoft is deprecating the legacy Disk cleanup utility in Windows 10 Windows-10-and-Storage-Sense.jpg

Storage Sense is indeed better than the legacy disk cleanup and it makes things a little bit easier with its automated feature.

The post Microsoft is deprecating the legacy Disk cleanup utility in Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 13, 2018
  2. theonedub Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

No its built into Windows, just open disk cleanup and select 'Clean up system Files' button on the bottom left- now you'll see previous installs of Windows listed under list of cleanable items. My old install is a whopping 25GB of my 256GB SSD.

theonedub, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Microsoft is downloading Windows 10 to your machine 'just in case'

There is a bright side for those worried about their disk space, though. Microsoft told The Reg that it is possible to remove the Windows 10 update files using the Disk Cleanup utility.

dorsetknob, Sep 13, 2018
  4. mstenholm Win User

Microsoft is downloading Windows 10 to your machine 'just in case'

That worked for me....11 GB removed all in all. Wunder when it will be downloaded again.

mstenholm, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft is deprecating the legacy Disk cleanup utility in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft deprecating legacy

2. Deprecation of legacy Microsoft LAPS product

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deprecation of legacy Microsoft LAPS product: Hi all,My environment : Windows domain , domain controllers : windows server 2016 standard , forest/doman function level 2008 R2 , legacy Microsoft LAPS installed and working.I have read https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/identity/laps/laps-overviewAs of October...
  3. Deprecation of legacy Microsoft LAPS product

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deprecation of legacy Microsoft LAPS product: Hi all,My environment : Windows domain , domain controllers : windows server 2016 standard , forest/doman function level 2008 R2 , legacy Microsoft LAPS installed and working.I have read https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/identity/laps/laps-overviewAs of October...
  4. Windows 10 Disk Cleanup utility

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Disk Cleanup utility: Windows 10 Disk Cleanup utility gets stuck on cleaning thumbnails. There's about 10mb of thumbnails. When the cursor is moved onto any part of the Disk Cleanup window the window vanishes. The C-Drive has been scanned with the Properties/Tools/Error Checking/Check procedure...
  5. Disk Cleanup, Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Cleanup, Windows 10: Disk Cleanup does not remove any of the following files: Windows Update Cleanup 54MB Windows Defender Antivirus 20 MB Temporary Internet Files 13 MB. I have tried running Disk Cleanup as Admin by right-clicking in Administrative Tools. Is Disk Cleanup bugged? How do I...
  6. Deprecating Legacy TLS Versions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Deprecating Legacy TLS Versions in Google Chrome: Last October we announced our plans to remove support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Chrome 81. In this post we’re announcing a pre-removal phase in which we’ll introduce a gentler warning UI, and previewing the UI that we’ll use to block TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Chrome 81. Site...
  7. Windows 10 Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Disk Cleanup: When I run the disk cleanup option, it suggests there is 1.421gb of data in downloads, but there is nothing there (including after switching on hidden items) ???? I'm worried about what this means and if I choose delete, what will actually be deleted form where??? Here is...
  8. My disk cleanup utility is stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My disk cleanup utility is stuck: I asked earlier I was waiting for a final response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-disk-cleanup-utility-is-stuck/0748190b-fac7-4a1c-b6c0-d57b5acd7923
  9. Less free space after running Disk Cleanup utility (Windows 10 1803)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Less free space after running Disk Cleanup utility (Windows 10 1803): Hi, The Disk Cleanup utility says that I could recover about 3Gb of disk space after eliminating Windows Update leftovers. OK, let's go. But at the end of the process, I have actually lost about 500 Mb. How comes ?...
  10. Microsoft confirms Disk Cleanup tool deprecation in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Disk Cleanup tool deprecation in Windows 10: Microsoft announced plans to deprecate the classic Disk Cleanup tool in Windows 10 on the official Windows and Windows Server storage blog. When Microsoft released Windows 10 it made its intentions clear that it wanted to move away from classic tools such as the Control...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is hello face in disk cleanup

2. nu vot

3. running the legacy dn cleanup