Windows 10: Microsoft is experimenting with another ad in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft is experimenting with another ad in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft started to sneak advertisements into Windows 10 with the suggested apps in the Start menu. Windows 10 has a lot of built-in advertising even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 21, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is experimenting with another ad in Windows 10

Microsoft started to sneak advertisements into Windows 10 with the suggested apps in the Start menu. Windows 10 has a lot of built-in advertising even if you purchase a new PC that comes with Windows 10 Pro or Home license worth more than a hundred dollars.

Windows 10 displays ads on the lock screen, Start menu, and Microsoft Mail app. Windows 10 users have also witnessed the appearance of ads highlighting Microsoft’s OneDrive within File Explorer.

In another effort to monetize Windows 10, Microsoft is now experimenting with advertisements in one of the oldest apps—WordPad. As per the latest findings, the software giant plans to promote Office online apps such as Word, PowerPoint or Excel in WordPad with a catchy banner that shows up at the top.

Microsoft may call the banners as pointers or suggestions, but these are clearly ads and the goal is to turn you into an Office 365 customer.

Microsoft is experimenting with another ad in Windows 10 WordPad-advertisement.jpg

The software giant is currently considering the following six different promotional messages within WordPad app:

• Try Word online for free.
    • Try Word for free online.
    • Use Word for free online.
    • Use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for free online.
    • Try Office for free online.
    • Try Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for free online.

It’s worth noting that Microsoft is displaying these advertisements to consumers at the moment. You can expect Microsoft to add more advertising to Windows 10 in future with software or server update, but you’ll be able to disable a lot of ads through settings.

The post Microsoft is experimenting with another ad in Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 21, 2020

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jan 21, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft is experimenting with another ad in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft experimenting another

2. Microsoft is testing another new Windows 10 Experience Pack update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing another new Windows 10 Experience Pack update: For the past several months, Microsoft has been testing a new way of adding features to Windows 10. Microsoft plans to push certain features to users via ‘Experience Pack’, which will be delivered via separate updates outside of the two major Windows feature updates. Windows...
  3. adding another time zone

in Windows 10 Customization
    adding another time zone: I have 2 time zones set up on my computer but need to add another but can't figure out how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-another-time-zone/ece7be02-7f93-413e-b66d-907b01ffa3b4
  4. adding another monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adding another monitor: Hello, I am trying to install my 2nd monitor to my CyberPower GMA6200WST PC, and when i plug in my second one, both screens go black and say " no signal ". I need help....
  5. Adding another PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding another PC: Now I have 4 kids at home, one of them doesn't have powerpoint on their laptop. Can my subscription cover another laptop? Penny. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-another-pc/b7c7dcca-122e-458f-ab48-17d20136bc41
  6. Adding Local Experience Packs to your Windows 10 image

in Windows 10 News
    Adding Local Experience Packs to your Windows 10 image: With Windows 10, version 1803, we started to deliver language translation improvements via Local Experience Packs, also referred to as LXPs. Local Experience Packs are AppX packages delivered via the Microsoft Store that enable users to experience Windows features like the...
  7. Adding another hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding another hard disk: Hello, Planning to remove a hard disk from my old computer and install it as third disk in the new computer for data only. It has on it the crippled windows 10. Before using it I have to wipe it clean (partition, format), but first when I turn on the computer, will it affect...
  8. Added another account, then weirdness

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Added another account, then weirdness: Have a 8.1 laptop that I added an existing W10 MS account to. The computer went thru gyrations similar to all the W10 installs, "HI" adding apps, configuring, etc and then made me verify who I am etc. The background I have on my W10 desktop machine now appears on the W8.1...
  9. Upcoming improvements to the Azure AD sign-in experience

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming improvements to the Azure AD sign-in experience: Howdy folks, I’d like to give you an early heads up on some visual design updates that are coming to the Azure AD sign-in experience. Customers gave us a LOT of feedback last time we updated the sign in. It was clear that you wanted us to provide more notification, earlier...
  10. Adding Music to the unified Store experience in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Adding Music to the unified Store experience in Windows 10: Back in April we talked about how we’re delivering a unified Store experience in Windows 10. We also turned on the Movies & TV page in the Windows Store Beta. Starting today (rolling out over the course of the next 24 hours), we’re turning on the Music page in the Store Beta....