Windows 10: Microsoft is failing because windows 10 just does what it wants...........

Discus and support Microsoft is failing because windows 10 just does what it wants........... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Setting up a new computer. Windows 10 just updated and wrote a system reserved partition right over important data on my drive causing me to fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mark Hunsberger, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Microsoft is failing because windows 10 just does what it wants...........

Setting up a new computer. Windows 10 just updated and wrote a system reserved partition right over important data on my drive causing me to fresh install again.

A solid note to developers; JUST BECAUSE WINDOWS SEES UNALLOCATED SPACE, DOES NOT MEAN THERE IS NO DATA THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be really nice if it asked before taking unallocated space. I allocated all the space it needed when I installed the software.

Windows 10 still sucks!!

:)

Mark Hunsberger, Jul 28, 2019

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Microsoft is failing because windows 10 just does what it wants...........

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft is failing because windows 10 just does what it wants...........

1. Microsoft is failing because windows 10 just does what it wants........... - Similar Threads - Microsoft failing does

2. I just want to downgrade Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just want to downgrade Windows 10: Ok, I was asking my brother to buy me a Minecraft game, but he told me to upgrade Windows 11 that he can buy me a Minecraft game. So I upgraded. But I was worried about Windows 10. I really don't like Windows 11, it's so bad. I need to tell the engineers of Microsoft to...
  3. I just want to downgrade Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just want to downgrade Windows 10: Ok, I was asking my brother to buy me a Minecraft game, but he told me to upgrade Windows 11 that he can buy me a Minecraft game. So I upgraded. But I was worried about Windows 10. I really don't like Windows 11, it's so bad. I need to tell the engineers of Microsoft to...
  4. I just want to downgrade Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Just what does Microsoft really have on me anyway?

in Windows 10 Support
    Just what does Microsoft really have on me anyway?: Want to see what Microsoft has on you? Just go to: account.microsoft.com Log in with your Microsoft account user name and password and then click on the privacy tab. 170384
  6. Just updated to 20H2 - screensaver does what it wants!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Just updated to 20H2 - screensaver does what it wants!: My computer just auto-updated to 2020-10 Security for Flash, 2020-10 Cumulative for 2004 and 2020-10 Cumulative for .NET... and I seem to have lost all control of screensaver. I had it set to Blank screen after 240 minutes and it blanks the screen after 5 minutes. Had the...
  7. What antivirus does Microsoft recommend for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What antivirus does Microsoft recommend for Windows 10?: What antivirus does Microsoft recommend for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-antivirus-does-microsoft-recommend-for/6cc20854-09a1-48b8-a8be-3f81166ffc50
  8. Windows Configuration Designer - Does what he want?!

Windows Configuration Designer - Does what he want?!: Hello Guys So, I started to configure some Provisioning-Packages for my Company with the Configuration Designer. I tried to configure an "MultiAppAssignedAccess-Image" with the xml file but it seems it won't work.... every time I apply the provisioning package it restarts...
  9. What partitioning does Windows 10 want in my new SSD?

What partitioning does Windows 10 want in my new SSD?: I recently cloned a new ssd and installed it in my desktop pc with no problems or hassles of any kind (yay!) Now I am doing the same for my laptop and it has been a mess. No luck with any cloning methods that I have tried and now I have the empty ssd in my laptop and am...
  10. calendar.google.com wants to...Re: What Does This Mean?

in Browsers and Email
    calendar.google.com wants to...Re: What Does This Mean?: Almost always when I open up calendar (Chrome up to date) I get that message. Does that mean if I click allow I will get a desktop pop up notification every time an event comes up. I don't get that now and I certainly don't want that to happen. If I click block will that...