Windows 10: Microsoft is finally bringing stylus support to the Mail app in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft is finally bringing stylus support to the Mail app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is today rolling out a new update for Windows 10’s Mail app for the Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring with major improvements. The update is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 26, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft is finally bringing stylus support to the Mail app in Windows 10

Microsoft is today rolling out a new update for Windows 10’s Mail app for the Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring with major improvements. The update is bringing new inking capabilities that’ll let you write an email with a stylus.

Microsoft appears to be A/B testing the feature and it’ll be rolled out to everyone in the coming weeks.

If the reports are believed to be true, Microsoft is actually preparing the Outlook Mail app for the long rumoured Andromeda mobile device. Microsoft’s Andromeda is a dual-screen device with full Windows 10 operating system, and it’ll have support for Windows Ink.

Microsoft is finally bringing stylus support to the Mail app in Windows 10 Mail-app-for-Windows-10-1.jpg
    Image Courtesy: TheVerge.com

As Microsoft is testing the feature with select users, it won’t show up on your device just yet. But in case you’re part of the A/B testing group, you can find the new inking capabilities by composing a new email and clicking on the new draw option.

It also allows you to select different pen types. Microsoft has also included a highlighter and an eraser. Furthermore, you can press on the (+) icon for more drawings and inkings in the emails.

The post Microsoft is finally bringing stylus support to the Mail app in Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 26, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 26, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 26, 2018
  4. GaryB0125 Win User

Windows 10 Mail App Suggested Contacts

I finally figured out how to get rid of unwanted suggested contacts for my outlook.com account in the Windows 10 Mail App:

• Sign into the outlook.com account on the web and then delete any unwanted suggested contacts by clicking the X next to the suggested contact.
    • Sign out of outlook.com and then open the Windows 10 Mail App.
    • Delete the outlook.com account from the Windows 10 Mail App.
    • Add the outlook.com account back in.
    • The deleted suggested contacts are now gone!

GaryB0125, Jun 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft is finally bringing stylus support to the Mail app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft finally bringing

2. Bring back the Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bring back the Mail app: So, this past week the 'New Outlook' replaced the Mail App forthwith. "What happens?", I hear you ask.The main application repeatedly crashes on all my systems, just like it did six months ago, when the preview first launched. When you click the Mail app shortcut, it also...
  3. Bring back the Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bring back the Mail app: So, this past week the 'New Outlook' replaced the Mail App forthwith. "What happens?", I hear you ask.The main application repeatedly crashes on all my systems, just like it did six months ago, when the preview first launched. When you click the Mail app shortcut, it also...
  4. Microsoft is finally bringing Windows 10 clipboard sync to all Android phones

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is finally bringing Windows 10 clipboard sync to all Android phones: Microsoft-owned SwiftKey will be getting a big update later this year, and one of the new features would be cloud clipboard integration. In a recent SwiftKey beta release, Microsoft has finally enabled support for a feature that lets you copy and paste text from your other...
  5. Microsoft support mail?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft support mail?: I live in Denmark and am really in need of some support. I have now tried for over 3 weeks to see if it was possible to contact someone, since I have a lost access to my account and now am not able to play the games which I have payed for through the Microsoft store. I have...
  6. Large IMAP4 accounts bring Windows 10 Mail App to a standstill.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large IMAP4 accounts bring Windows 10 Mail App to a standstill.: Hello dear Community, I have a question for you if anyone else has observed this behavior. I installed Windows 10 (1903) and use the Windows 10 Mail App. Added three accounts: Outlook.com iCloud.com Private IMAP4 Two of the accounts (Outlook.com and private IMAP4) have...
  7. Microsoft brings AV1 Video Codec support to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings AV1 Video Codec support to Windows 10: A couple of days ago, Microsoft released AV1 video codec app for Windows 10 devices. The application can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store for free. AV1 Video Codec extension is available for free and you can get it on all Windows 10 devices including the PC and Surface...
  8. Mail app for Windows 10 now supports ink

in Windows 10 News
    Mail app for Windows 10 now supports ink: Mail for Windows 10 now supports ink! Take notes on pictures or add a drawing using a pen or your finger. Go to the Draw tab in the ribbon to get started. Insert a Drawing Canvas from the ribbon anywhere in your email to add a sketch. Annotate any picture by drawing on or...
  9. Microsoft is finally bringing dark theme to File Picker in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is finally bringing dark theme to File Picker in Windows 10: With Redstone 5 update, Microsoft is bringing the dark theme to File Explorer and other parts of the Windows 10 operating system. The latest Windows 10 Build 17711 comes with some improvements in this regard. The File Picker in Windows 10 Build 17711 is getting a new update...
  10. Windows 10 Mail app now lets you write with a stylus pen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mail app now lets you write with a stylus pen: Microsoft first got serious about digital inking in Windows 10 a year after the operating shipped. The software maker added Windows Ink in the aptly named Anniversary Update to improve stylus support for devices with a pen. Windows Ink was a good first step, and Microsoft has...